chapter seven

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just after a few hours of talking (and drinking) and hanging out, Jeongyeon, who's already drunk, suddenly pointed out something.

"Yah Tzuyu. Why are you sitting with Sana? Aish. Jihyo is your girlfriend. She might not show it but she feels jealous too. The girl has feelings you know. The same with your girlfriend, Sana."

Dahyun turned towards Jeongyeon and smiled, shaking her head. "It's okay unnie, I don't mind." She half-lied.

It wasn't like Dahyun never noticed how Sana was always beside Tzuyu, she did. She just tells herself that Sana's just being a good unnie to their maknae.

Jeongyeon was the most drunk in the group, quite opposite to her girlfriend, who's sitting quietly beside Jihyo. Jeongyeon raised her beer and screamed. "Yah! Let's get Jihyo drunk!" She then proceeded to pat Jihyo's back, Nayeon guiding her to make it gentler.

Momo, who's already buzzed a bit, smiled at Jihyo. "Another scholarship will come Ji. Don't worry about it."

Everyone turned silent for a while.

Sana turned towards Momo who's sitting beside her. How come she never heard about Jihyo and a scholarship? "S-Scholarship?"

Momo nodded as she took a sip of her drink again.  "Yup! Jihyo was offered a full scholarship by Busan University but she denied it because it was too far from Tzuyu."

Everyone knew about it, except for Sana and Tzuyu since...they were together when Jihyo told the group about what she was planning.

Jihyo kept her head down as she felt Sana and Tzuyu's eyes on her.

Tzuyu heard something shattering, but when she tried to look for the cause, she didn't find any. She then realized that it was her heart.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, the group (minus Nayeon, Sana and Tzuyu) started to openly tease Jihyo about her sweet gesture.

"Aw! That's so sweet Jihyo unnie!" Chaeyoung teased the older girl.

"Jihyo?" Nayeon called her friend, sensing the atmosphere getting thicker as teases started piling up.

The younger girl turned to her. "Unnie?"

"Can we talk in private?"

Jeongyeon, who apparently heard their conversation, started to whine. "Yah Nabongs! We were going to make Jihyo drunk, what the hell!"

Nayeon, finally having enough of Jeongyeon's annoying antics, stood up and glared at the younger girl. "No one's getting drunk. Especially not Jihyo." Nayeon pulled Jihyo and entered her room, slamming the door shut.

"I don't know if you guys noticed, but Nayeon unnie's been acting weird these past few days. Especially when it came to Jihyo unnie." Chaeyoung pointed out her observation. "She's been pretty protective towards Jihyo unnie even though she wasn't with us the whole week."

The group nodded in agreement when they realized that the cub was right.

Tzuyu suddenly spoke. "We broke up."

"Get out of town Tzu. That's never going to happen! You're both made for each other!" Dahyun said happily. Tzuyu turned towards her friend and tears began to pool in her eyes as she remembered the grave crime her and Sana did.

Sana sensed what Tzuyu's about to do and she stopped her. She grabbed Tzuyu's arm and turned her towards her. "Tzuyu, don't do this."

Tzuyu's first tear fell for her face and there and then, the group knew that this won't be a good night.

"We have to, unnie. We're hurting them more by hiding this."

"What are you guys talking about?" Momo asked since she could hear their conversation since she's seated beside Sana. It was like a bucket of ice was dunk on her head when she heard what Tzuyu said.

"Tzuyu." The mentioned girl turned when she heard Jeongyeon's scary I call. "Did you and Jihyo really..."

Tzuyu nodded silently. Everyone couldn't believe what they're seeing or hearing.

"Since when?" Mina asked from beside Chaeyoung.  "Last week." Tzuyu answered with her head bowed down. A lot of gasps erupted in the quiet room.

'So that's why Jihyo didn't want to be with us.' The group thought in sync.

"Who broke up with who?" Chaeyoung's steady voice asked as she hugged Mina who's already on the verge of crying.

Tzuyu smiled brokenly. "Jihyo unnie broke up with me."

Jeongyeon quickly stood up to go after the two girls who're in Nayeon's room but Tzuyu grabbed her hand. "Unnie, please don't."

Jeongyeon turned to her with an angered look. "What do you mean don't? Jihyo broke up with you! She hurt you!"

"No, she didn't!" Tzuyu's outburst silenced the room. "I broke her." Tzuyu started crying, making Jeongyeon take her seat again.

"What do you mean you broke her?" Dahyun's quiet voice asked.

Tzuyu looked up from crying and stared at Dahyun with begging eyes. "Dahyun unnie, l'm sorry."

The tension in the room rose.

"What are you so---" At that time, Dahyun turned towards Sana who wore the same guilty look on Tzuyu's face and then it hit her.

That time when she saw Sana trapping Tzuyu in the bathroom, Sana's extra clingy behavior whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter