chapter fifteen

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Epilogue 

 

Tzuyu was waiting for her friends in the cafeteria when she heard the loud banging of the cafeteria doors hitting the wall. She turned around and looked, seeing a fuming Jeongyeon sprinting towards her, a crying Nayeon hot on her trail. Fear slowly settled in as she realized that the older girl's flaming eyes were directed to her. She slowly stood up, waiting for her unnie to reach her. Based on Jeongyeon's look, she expected the older girl to yell at her for whatever reason she had. She expected the older girl to burst.

But it never happened. Jeongyeon didn't burst nor yelled at her.

She did worse.

She grabbed Tzuyu by her shirt and dragged her out of the cafeteria, Nayeon still following them, her sobs wracking through her body yet Jeongyeon never even spared her a glance.

There and then Tzuyu knew it was serious. That whatever it was that made Jeongyeon just boldly drag her out of the cafeteria was dead serious because if there was one thing that Jeongyeon hated, it was attention. She hated to be the star of the scene yet she didn't even bat an eye when the whole cafeteria watched as she dragged Tzuyu out. And another thing was that there's nothing that can take Jeongyeon's attention away from Nayeon when the older girl cries. But now, Tzuyu thinks that Jeongyeon didn't even know that her girlfriend was crying.

"Where is Jihyo?" Jeongyeon finally spoke when they reached the playground. It was the perfect place to talk about things that you don't want people to know.

"Probably on the way to the cafeteria to eat with us? What's wrong, Jeongyeon unnie? Why are you acting like this?" Jeongyeon started walking back and forth, her index finger and thumb pinching the bridge of her nose.

"She never went to school, Tzuyu." Nayeon informed the younger from the swings.

Tzuyu turned her head towards Nayeon's direction, her eyes boring holes on Nayeon's bowed head.

She took huge steps towards the older girl and kneeled in front of her, putting her hands on Nayeon's knees, looking up at Nayeon's already swollen eyes. "Unnie, what do you mean she never went to school? She has to. It's her day today."

Today is the day Jihyo is supposed to perform in front of the whole student body after winning the inter-level singing competition last month. It was set before the last period, and Tzuyu was really looking forward to watching her angel sing in front of her. If there was anything she loved about Jihyo, it was her passion for singing and how she's so determined to prove to everyone that she has her talents. Tzuyu never doubted her. She knew the girl will shine someday.

"We went to her house earlier today." Nayeon told the taller girl, wiping her tears away with her thumbs as the sound of Jeongyeon pacing around still made its way in their ears. "Jeongyeon and I were going to pick her up and we were already at her house when her grandma said that Jihyo won't be able to come to school with us."

"How did you know that she didn't go to school?" Tzuyu questioned.

"We tried to look for her a bit between first and second period but her teachers said that she never showed up." Nayeon replied, looking at Tzuyu with sad eyes.

"This was your fault." Tzuyu turned towards the standing girl, seeing her bleary eyes staring right through her. For some reason, Tzuyu couldn't ask why. She just can't.

"If you didn't push her, this wouldn't have happened." Jeongyeon continued, glaring at Tzuyu from her place.

"What do you mean this wouldn't have happened? Unnie, she just didn't go to school, it's not the end of the world. Don't complicate this. It's just a simple thing." Tzuyu's trying to look at the brighter side of things this time, quite surprising for her since she's not the optimistic kind of person, but in this case, she didn't have a choice. She couldn't look at the darker side because she knows she can't take it.

Jeongyeon chuckled bitterly. "Don't play dumb Tzuyu. I can see right through you. You know and understand that this is just more than a simple thing. Jihyo isn't a simple thing. What's happening now...is not just a simple thing." Jeongyeon wiped the first tear that fell from her eye. "She's gone."

Tzuyu hated that word. She hated it so much that she flew from where she was to Jeongyeon's direction with just one blink of an eye, her hands gripping on Jeongyeon's shirt.

She never knew she could do this. Grabbing her friend that is almost like as sister to her by her shirt like she was just a stranger she's picking fights with, and it hurt.

"N-No." Tzuyu faltered, the thought of Jeongyeon's words coming to life was her living nightmare. She tightened her grip on her unnie's shirt, feeling someone grabbing her back but she didn't move. She didn't want to. Not until Jeongyeon takes it back. "Take it back." Her eyes lost focus.

Tzuyu didn't know where to look, her eyes became blurry all of a sudden and she felt her grip loosening but no.

Not until Jeongyeon. Not until her unnie says it's a joke.

"It'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter