chapter five

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo woke up from the call of her grandmother. She got up from her bed with a tired body and swollen eyes, her feet trying to find her slippers. It's been three days after she saw Tzuyu and Sana and she's been avoiding the two like a plague.

Actually, she's been avoiding the group as well except for her Nayeon unnie. She's been going to school alone, even though Nayeon insisted that she'd pick her up, but Jihyo knew that Nayeon can't drive and that meant that it'd be Jeongyeon driving the car.

Jeongyeon reminds her so much of Tzuyu.

One of the reasons as to why Jihyo didn't want Jeongyeon to know what happened between her and Tzuyu was because Jeongyeon sees Tzuyu as a sister. And Tzuyu sees her like that as well. Jihyo didn't want to take that away from Tzuyu.

She didn't want to ruin Jeongyeon and Tzuyu's relationship just because she wasn't Tzuyu's happiness anymore.

Jihyo sighed and then went on with her routine, going downstairs and greeting her halmeoni good morning, eat with her and then get ready for school.

After taking a bath and dressing herself with her school uniform, Jihyo grabbed her bag on the top of her table and went downstairs, kissed her grandmother goodbye and then walked her way to school.

Her grandmother did notice her sudden urge to stay with her after Jihyo told her that she would be staying with her for a while and the older lady hadn't failed to address the question that was lingering in her mind.

"Aren't you living with that pretty girl you introduced to me? What was her name? Oh Tzuyu! Why did you leave Tzuyu all alone in your dorm?"

Truthfully, Jihyo didn't know what to respond to her grandmother when she asked her that the day after she found out about Tzuyu and Sana's affair, good thing the school bus that always passed by her grandmother's house honked when it passed by.

Jihyo can remember how she smiled tearfully at her dear grandmother and pulled her into a hug, told her she'd be home soon and then just walked out the door.

She knew her grandmother wanted to ask her about her sad smile and teary eyes but Jihyo didn't want to bother her grandmother with her dramas. So she left before her precious grandma could ask anything.

Jihyo kicked a rock on the way and saw a little puppy just outside a house, looking up at the closed gates, as if waiting for it to open. She smiled as she knows who owns the place.

She stepped up at the gate and pressed the doorbell, rubbed the puppy's head and then went on her way. She smiled a bit when she heard the gate open and the familiar voice entered her ears.

Jihyo entered the school with her head down low, not trying to interact with anyone.

She's been like this for the past three days, going to school, drowning herself in her studies and avoiding everyone she knows and then back to her grandma's house to drown herself again with more studies.

She's quite thankful that she's not in the same grade as everyone else. She stepped inside the room and sat on her chair, minding her own business until she sees a hand holding flowers just in front of her desk. The oohs lingered in the room as Jihyo kept her head down low.

It's no question as to who the person is.

Jihyo looked up and saw guilty orbs staring back at her, a small smile on her face and right then and there, Jihyo just wanted to hug the girl and just comfort her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter