It's Not okay

It’s not okay

"Ms Wendy?.." I open my eyes and look at the doctor. Dara and her family left, and only Jiyong was in the room. "How are you feeling." I shrug looking at the ceiling, the doctor looks at the nurse and nods "Were going to give you medicine to help you with your pain, alright?" I nod and look at Jiyong who just watches. "Would you like to start eating anything?" The doctor says and I shake my head "You can go eat." I say looking at Jiyong. Jiyong looks at the doctor, and the doctor nods his head and after a few minutes of stalling, Jiyong leaves the room. I sigh in relief, I was worried he wouldn't leave. "It's difficult for you to cope with right?" the doctor asks and I nod my head and he laughs softly. I smile back, ever since I came here, he was the only person I felt comfortable around and safe with. The doctor looked like he was around 35 years old. After the nurse gave me my medicine, the nurse checked and the doctor double checked to see if I swallowed correctly and than sat on the couch as the nurse left. "How old are you?" I ask the doctor finally and he smiles "38." I looked at him shocked, he didn't seem that old to me, the doctor notices my expression and laughs "How old did you think I was?" "Um.. 35" he laughs again and I smile "I have two twin daughters, and my wife is a judge." I look at him surprised, I didn't expect him to have kids nor married. "What about you?" he asks and I look away. "I'm an orphan" "But you might have parents ou-" "I don't have parents" I interrupt wanting to switch to a different topic. Theres a moment of silence, he hesitates before saying "How about I'll be your dad from now on." 

 

I look at the doctor confused, clearly not understanding ".. I'll treat you like my daughter from now on." he repeats using different words again and I scoff "You barely even know me.." the doctor smiles "well, I'll learn to get to know you, and I hope you do to." I think about it for a minute, then nod giving in. "Well, I'm Daniel Oh." "I'm wendy" I say and he smiles "Nice to meet you wendy!" he says reaching out his hand and I shake it smiling which feels like the first time in forever.