E P I L O G U E

Come back to me (Chaennie)

1 year later

 

After all this time, Rosé was finally discharged from the psychiatric hospital, which left her with a slight feeling of grief, that place had unwittingly been the best refuge to escape from herself. 

It had been twelve months in which she had been able to recover from her borderline disorder, although she still has to be in constant routine checkups, these will not be anything that will prevent her from continuing her life normally. She also felt sad to leave her friends there, after a few months of constant psychotherapy with Dr. Jung who helped her to manage her anger, to restore her emotions, and with schema therapies that were the main ones for her to be given permission to relate to other patients, she started the STEPPS which were group talks with other patients with her same disorder, that made her see that there were a lot of people who suffered the same as her, that's also where she met a girl with the same name: Chaeyoung, a girl named Joy and another one named Nayeon, they had become her group of friends inside the hospital. 

Jennie kept coming of course, but eventually the brunette could only come on the weekends because the university had her very busy and to jennie's surprise, Rosé understood everything naturally which left her more relaxed. 

That day, the last one for Rosé, she woke up with a note from Dr. Jung on her bedside table that said in big letters: You did it.

Rosé smiled at the gesture, got up and put on the clothes Jennie had brought her a week ago when she found out her girlfriend would probably be discharged.

That's right, girlfriend. 

After a while of entering the hospital and everything that had happened, Jennie thought of a really corny way to ask her to be her girlfriend, but everything turned out to be a disaster, in short: Lisa came back in through the window with the sign that Irene should have had while Namjoon was holding the balloons and Jimin was filming, but Lisa got stuck in the curtains and everything turned out horrible.

But it ended up being a good day after all, since Rosé was the one who asked her after seeing all the effort made by the brunette. 

Sadly that was the last day she could see the group, after that the guys graduated and like everything in life, they had to separate, obviously they were still in contact, Jennie and Lisa were in the same university and surprisingly Lisa was able to conquer Jisoo although the long distance relationship was becoming difficult.

After receiving her last breakfast, she went to say goodbye to her friends in the courtyard promising them that she would come visit them when she could and that once they were all out they would come back together again, this time without any disorder involved. 

She said goodbye to each person there, nurses, doctors, she went to her last STEPPS where she said goodbye to her colleagues, grateful to everyone. 

She sat for the last time on one of the benches in the beautiful courtyard that had accompanied her all this time, she was there with her things waiting for her girlfriend to go back home, she was still a little afraid to see her mother again, in all the months she was here her mother never went to visit her and despite feeling sorry for that, she knew she was better off. 

After a few months, she dared to ask Jennie how her mother was doing and knew that she too was trying to change; Mrs. Kim, after many attempts, managed to convince her mother to go to hospital to overcome her alcoholism.

"What do you think about?" spoke a voice in her ear exalting her.

"Jennie!" she exclaimed, tapping her on the shoulder. "You scared me!" she said, Jennie laughed and kissed her as she grabbed Rosé's bag.

"Ready to go home?" she asked, taking the girl's hand, Rosé nodded, letting out a deep sigh and squeezing Jennie's hand.

"To home yes, school no" she complained, making Jennie laugh. At the moment, having no one at home, she would stay with Jennie and her mother until Mrs. Park could return.

"Look on the bright side, we already live together" joked Jennie getting up from the bench waiting for Rosé, the blonde stood up and taking one last look at the place took Jennie's hand again.

"Let's go, college bride" she joked.

"Come on, student bride" Jennie said, but then she was stopped when Rosé stopped to look at her with fascination. "What's wrong?" Rosé bit her lip before kissing the older girl.

"I love you" she said out of the blue, Jennie froze, it was the first time Rosé said those two magic words to her, she smiled broadly before kissing Rosé again.

"I love you too, my Rosie"