Doubts

My identity, my secret!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyukjae-ssi can we talk?” she said.

 

He looked at her a bit confused, “Sure, what is it?”

 

“Not here..” she lowered her head, looking down at her fingers which are now intertwined. He got the sign that she was probably nervous and looked at his friends for approval, which they all nodded in agreement.

 

He then got up, following her out of the cafeteria and in to one of the empty classes.

 

“This is far enough, no one’s gonna go here. Just tell me” he said, a little impatient. He was certainly not happy being separated from his friends, especially not after he just had a massive scene not too long ago. He really needed the mental support, but seeing the expression she made he just couldn’t say no.

 

Although, hearing her question he kind of made him wish he didn’t follow her.

 

“Wh-.. what?” he stuttered. He didn’t expect to receive this kind of encounter twice in a row. Only this time, his friends weren’t gonna be there to protect him.

 

“I’m not trying to pin point you or corner you or anything that you’re thinking of.. it’s just, I noticed you react a certain way when it comes to Donghae-ssi.. I was wondering if you had any feelings towards him” her voice was gentle and her expression showed no sign of disgust or mockery. He felt a little calm thinking.. no, Yoora-ssi is such a nice girl, she won’t ever be like them..

 

The experience with his friends accepting him, and now Yoora-ssi, made him believe that maybe.. just maybe.. the world has changed. And it was no longer full of hate, discrimination and lies..

 

He took a deep breath and sighed,”Yes”

 

He took a moment to brace himself for any kind of reaction she would show.. at the very least he expected her to cringe or spout a flat “oh”.

 

But no. Instead, she hugged him, patting his back.

 

“Y-Yoora-ssi? What are you doing?” he said, surprised. She pulled back and smiled.

 

“I’m just glad you have the courage to tell me that, love is such a beautiful thing no matter who is it that you love. I give you my full support Hyuk-ssi” she smiled.

 

Wait.. she isn’t grossed out with me? He thought, making a confused slash baffled face.

 

“O-oh.. can I call you that? I’m sorry”

 

“No, no.. I’m.. thrilled. Thank you” he smiled and hugged her.

 

In his mind, he was the happiest right now. Yeah, the love of his life didn’t love him back, but at least he got the one thing he craved since he was a child.

 

Acceptance, support, and people who were going to stay true to you. Or so he thought.

 

 

 

 

Later on that afternoon,

 

Hyukjae was walking with Yoora, Kyuhyun, Siwon, Ryeowook and the Hyungs. They all became good friends in an instant because hey, everyone there has one thing in common, they love Hyukjae. Right?

 

They all surrounded Hyukjae, teasing him and tickling him, making him giggle and squeal like the adorable child that he is.

 

It wasn’t long before that beautiful gummy smile turned sour as he saw two people walking side by side. With their hands intertwined, looking into each others eyes.

 

The world loved them so much. As they walked, the orange tint of the sun set shined across their faces, making them appear so magical and perfect it almost looks scripted. As if they were the main characters in a romance movie and the world was theirs and theirs alone.

 

“Donghae..” he chanted softly, so soft they could barely hear them.. but they didn’t need to. They knew exactly what was going through that little mind of his seeing the sight in front of them.

 

“Hyuk, let’s take another road home” he said, ushering him towards another path lane.

 

But he stood still, guarding his position. His eyes never left them, only a faint smile could be seen in his face.

 

“You know this kind of remind me of a song” he chuckled.

 

They all looked at each other, a bit worried. Their little bubbly Hyukjae was gone in mere months because of this heartless bastard in front of them. They hated, no they loathed his existance but couldn’t do anything much since… well Hyukjae was still in love with him. And it pains them to see that no matter how hard he tried, for years and years those efforts were never successful.

 

“only if you knew

How much I liked you, but I watch your eyes

As she walks by

What a sight for evening eyes

Brighter than the blue sky

She's got you mesmerized

While I die

Why would you ever kiss me?

I'm not even half as pretty

You gave her your sweater

It's just polyester

But you like her better

Wish I were Heather”

 

Tears dropped as he sung that specific lyric to Conan gray’s Heather. He wiped them off and took a deep breath, realizing how much he loved him but he didn’t really know why. Why is it that he couldn’t for the love of god forget him. What makes him so special?

 

What makes her so special in his eye? Was it because she had everything he lacked? She was pretty, she was charming, she looks wealthy.. but most importantly, she had his heart.

 

 

“You know when I first heard that song I instantly remembered Donghae’s face. Like how he treats me so good but.. as a friend. And now, he just ignores me.. the one carrying his child while he holds other girls’s hand in front of me”

 

 

Yoora looked at him shocked. Her reaction seemed to be identical with the other guys surrounding him, but theirs were for a completely different reason. What reason? Oh maybe because Hyukjae just told someone whom he just got close with the secret they’ve been trying to hide..

 

“You're carrying what?”

 

He looked at her smiling “I’m carrying his child Yoora-ssi”

 

Hyukjae chuckled, he really didn’t care any more. Donghae really made him feel worthless. He knew he was the one who forced himself on the latter, but still.. if he’s so worried about responsibility then why don’t he act responsible at all? And maybe.. be a good father to their child by making the mother smile instead of cry every time he saw him.

 

But her reaction was yet again surprising to Hyukjae, she once again hugged him and told them that she was there and that it was going to be alright. He really is blessed with these amazing people.

 

They eventually went home, silently. No one spoke, and Hyukjae, the light source of the group just shut down. He giggled at everything and anything.. though the reason weren’t all that pleasant.

 

“You know I never knew I could hate the sunset this much” he chuckled “How come it’s shows up in its best form when I’m sad and lonely like this. Is it mocking me?”

 

The others just looked at him concerned.

 

“Hyukjae..”

 

“No I know I know. I should stop blaming everything and anything. I got myself in to this mess and now I’m wallowing like some victim? Oh god I’m pathetic” he said, face palming himself as he laughed even harder.

 

He sighed and hugged his stomach. Feeling the warmness of his little unborn child which made his heart flutter with joy and happiness, as if the little angel was saying “Mommy don’t be sad, I’m here!”

 

This child wasn’t a mistake that he loathed and regretted. No. This child was a blessing which he adored and loved. Sure, he does wishes sometimes that things could’ve gone a bit differently.. but he wouldn’t trade it for the world.

 

Donghae or no Donghae, this child is enough to make his life happiest. And he couldn’t wait for the day he get to meet his little sweetheart.

 

 

 

They finally got to Hyukjae’s home and all of them bid their good byes and good nights to Hyukjae as they went back to their respective homes. Hyukjae took off his shoes and was about to cook dinner when he noticed that there was another unfamiliar shoe there.

 

He was 100.. no.. he was 1000% sure that NONE of them wore a white gladiator shoes, nor even have them. Which could only mean one thing..

 

He’s having his girl over

 

He sighed to himself and decided he was gonna be the bigger person and cook for the three of them. Something tasty but won’t make his baby barf it all up again.

 

He decided to make some vegetarian sushi along with some regular sushi since his baby seemed to be okay with fish.

 

As he was cooking he heard a loud moan coming from the guest room. His chest burns and he almost felt like actually burning himself on the stove. But, he wasn’t just living for himself, he was living for two. And right now, all he needs and all he cares about is taking care of his child.

 

The food was ready after a short while, he gathered up the courage to knock on the guest room’s door.

 

“Yeah?”

 

He gulped, “Dinner’s ready guys”

 

There was a few seconds of silence before the voice behind the door finally answered, “Alright, hold on”

 

He didn’t wait for them to come out, cause it’ll be amazingly painful watching them coming out looking all messed with her lipstick on his and his cologne on her. So he just took some food for himself and went to the living room to eat while watching TV.

 

But before he could go, Donghae and ofcourse.. cindy had already came out and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter