On Leave: In Love

Mon Amour, My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I couldn't believe what happened last night. Everything's still fresh in my mind. Seokmin confessed but I couldn't bring myself to say those words back to him. It felt surreal. I shut him down from bugging me yet here he is early in the morning. He's on his casual clothes, grinning like a child while watching me open the cafe. 

"Aren't you going to open your business?" I asked, looking at his restaurant still closed.

"Nope. But I have a business with my girlfriend, though."

He crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. I glanced at the restaurant once again and the banner already disappeared. I squinted my eye on him, asking for an explanation as he just played dumb and smiled.

"You're scaring me..." 

I uttered. I haven't gave him a proper answer but you could see how happy and excited he is. Soon, Hoshi arrived. I didn't expect him to be this early.

"Sajangnim...Didn't you say you'll take a day off today?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Huh? When did I say that?"

"Tch. Tch. You're being forgetful already sajangnim." Hoshi added.

I clearly don't remember saying that. He gently pushed me out of the cafe and shut the door in front of me. I pouted, only to get a laugh at Seokmin who's still standing outside.

 

"Let's go."

He suddenly held out his hand and waited.

"To where?" I asked, curiously.

"Anywhere you want to."

 

He smiled and I wouldn't lie, it's the most reassuring smile I've ever seen. I smiled and just walked on. He sulked that I ignored to hold his hand. It's fun to that I let out a chuckle.

It's a bright sunny day; a good day to explore a famous seaside market nearby. The amount of people was just right at the moment. Our jaw dropped upon seeing varieties of local food in a certain hallway.

"Wanna try?" Seokmin asked smilingly.

I nodded eagerly. To be honest, it's my first time going into this place. I've been busy lately with the cafe which I forgot to check on other places.

"Young man, try this."

A grandma suddenly suggested to take a bite of the food she's selling. It's a roasted buttered snail meat in a stick. Seokmin gladly obliged. As I observed his face while chewing, I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Why are you laughing?"

"No. It's just that your face is really expressive. I could tell it's delicious."

"Try it. It's really delicious."

He laughed, bringing the  snack nearer to me. I hesitated for a bit before taking a bite as well. As soon as I chewed it, I immediately approved. It's a new taste to me and really does fireworks in my mouth.

"Aigoo.. I suddenly miss my husband. You two are are a lovely couple. You two should make more offspring to save our country."

The grandma said and smiled that I almost choked.

"Yes halmeoni. I'll take note of that."

Seokmin grinned and rubbed my back gently as I coughed nonstop. I punched him in the chest for his remark.

 

Seokmin bought fresh watermelon drinks while we continued our stroll. My face was still red because of the choking moment but mainly due to what grandma have said a while ago. That idea never crossed my mind yet. After our legs gave up, we entered a seafood restaurant to have our late lunch. We're busy digging and analyzing the dishes served that we forgot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter