Missed Connections

Mon Amour, My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Bonjour!”

 

I greeted smilingly at a beautiful French woman in her 30’s, reporting to the bakery I was assigned of. 

 

“Oh! Hello there! Are you Ms. Kwon?”

“Yes.”

 

I was relieved after hearing her speak in English. My nose would be oozing with blood right now if she responded to me natively. I will start taking my French  class in a few days. And I was glad that it’s even sponsored by my company. 

 

My training soon started under the supervision of Ms. Helena, the chief baker. It’s quite a lot to take in at first but I have to catch up. The crew were all friendly that I didn’t feel left out. They were so kind to me and I was thankful. Aside from varieties of pastries, we’re also taught on how to make cakes and desserts. And it’s the part I was really excited to learn. I always love desserts and sweets. It’s one of my dream, to have my own cafe where people could enjoy their time and space.

 

When one of the cashier was on a sick leave, Ms. Helena asked me to be in her place just for today. I didn’t complain. It’s also a way for me to analyze and observe the customers or market, in general, here in France. 

 

“Oh? Jeonghan ah.. why did you call?” 

I asked while checking the cakes and breads displayed outside the counter. 

 

“I miss you. Can’t I call?”

 

A smile crept up to my lips. This guy is making me quite  happy these days. He’s been constantly checking up on me whether I’m doing fine. 

 

“Ey oppa...”

 

“Did you already find him?” He asked.

“Still... no.” 

 

I smiled bitterly. During my day offs, I spent time wandering around the nearby cities, hoping I might find him. I also went to their home address based on the letter her mom sent but a different family already lives there. I also asked each restaurants where he probably might be. However, I got the same answer that he already quit.

 

 

 

“Excusez-moi...”

 

I turned around to attend to the client when I lost my balance yet luckily, a pair of arms caught me.

 

 

“Are you okay?” He asked worriedly. 

 

I was shocked. I thought my eyes were fooling me. Lee. Seok. Min?! Instead of letting go, I wrapped my arms around him instantly.

 

“Where have you been, Seokmin ah?! I searched everywhere but I couldn’t find you.”

 

I didn’t notice my tears were rolling down again on my cheeks. I was so happy seeing him finally in front of me. But his face said otherwise. He’s confused.

 

“I-I’m sorry miss... but do I know you?”

 

I felt like my heart was stabbed all of a sudden.

 

“Seokmin ah.. It’s me. Kwon Bosun. I mean Kim Bosun. Your childhood friend.”

 

“I really am sorry. I don’t remember...” He politely replied. “If you don’t mind, I have a meeting to attend to. Can I have my order wrapped up please?”

 

I wiped my tears and walked heavily towards the counter. What did happen to him? He looked at me awkwardly that I also got embarrassed. I made him uncomfortable.

 

“Je suis désolée.. I-I’m sorry sir. I might’ve mistaken you for someone.” I apologized.

“It’s okay. It could happen.” He smiled and left after I handed him his order.

 

“What happened to you my dear?” Ms. Helena asked when she entered the cafe.

“Did that chef do something to you?”

“Do y-you know him Ms. Helena?”

“Not really. But he’s really famous here back then. Rumor has it that he quit the cooking industry. Instead,  he works as one of the directors of King Chef Group of Companies based in Paris.” 

 

“Mon Dieu! Is he the friend you’ve been searching all this time?” 

 

She stared at me like she read what’s on my mind. I nodded as a tear escaped my eye. 

“You should have told me sooner!”

“Ah that’s a shame of me. To bother you of my personal reasons Ms. Helena.” I replied.

“No. I would gladly help. Wait, I know someone who works in King Chef as well. I’ll call him and I’ll let you know as soon as possible.”

“Thank you, Ms. Helena.”

 

I must know what happened to Seokmin. The odds were already on my side but with a bitter twist. My whole presence was nothing to him. I was a complete stranger.

 

Ms. Helena texted me an address related to Seokmin  wherein her contact provided. Her friend said that he’s on a business trip here in Lyon. I told Jeonghan of the news and he too was surprised. I was scared to approach Seokmin again in that state but Jeonghan told me to go to him and stay strong. He’s right. I should not let this pass again. I breathed in and out deeply as I entered a classy building. The ground floor has a restaurant with an elegant wine bar. It’s full of guys and girls enjoying the night.

 

“Mr. You’ve already exceeded the maximum bottles allowed per person. We couldn’t let you have anymore.”

 

“Je m’en fous! Just give me my damn drinks!”

 

I heard a man shout from the counter. My eyes widened when I saw a drunk Seokmin arguing with the bartender. What the heck is he doing?! A commotion began when the two punched each other. I immediately ran to stop them. Soon, the bodyguards also came.

 

“Je suis désolée.. Pardon my friend here. He is really drunk and doesn’t know what he’s doing.” I apologized.

 

I helped Seokmin got up and walked towards the elevator going to his unit on the 10th floor. He’s really heavy which I could feel my legs wobble. Good thing there’s a couch in his living room where I let him lie down. His lower lip and right cheek got a small cut so I searched for a first aid kit in his kitchen. He groaned in pain a little as I cleaned the cuts. It hurts so much seeing him like this. What did exactly happen to him?

 

“Sun ah...”

 

I was about to get up when he suddenly grabbed my hand. Although he might be just talking in his dream, a tear fell on my cheeks because of happiness. That’s what he calls me when we’re young. I held his hand tight and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. I could spend the night with him even just like this, right?

 

 

                                          

                                                

                                                                    }}}}•{{{{

 

 

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes, wondering why I was lying in a king sized bed. I clearly remembered I was sitting on the floor last night as I rested my head in a small table near his couch. Ugh, nevermind. I’ve got to use the comfort room this instant.

 

“Seokmin ah, are you there?” I asked after hearing a shower sound in the bathroom. “Sorry, but can I interrupt for a minute?” 

 

I really need to pee. Why on earth is my urinary system acting up early this morning? I closed my eyes as I leaned my back on the bathroom door. He suddenly slid the door open that I almost lost my balance. Geez. I should start working out. I easily fall these days.

 

“What are you trying to say?” He asked.

“I... I.. said..can I.. I mean-”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter