Set

Mon Amour, My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Bosun ah! How’s school? The bags under your eyes are getting scarier.”

 

Jeonghan looked at me, concerned but with a teasing smile. Didn’t he know his very good friend is teaching in our class? From tons of assignments and consistently picking on me at class, he’s the reason of every dark pigmentation under my eyes. I punched him in the chest lightly, causing him to laugh. 

 

“What? I’m being serious here. If someone bullies you at school, just tell me and I’ll send him to planet Mars right away!”

 

I would love to Jeonghan but speaking of the devil, there he is again. 

 

Lee Seokmin just entered the diner and I immediately went back mopping the floor. He talked to Jeonghan privately, making the latter smile widely. What did he say this time? What surprised me was Jeonghan announcing that we’re going on a trip this weekend for a company retreat. 

 

“Wow! I love camping! Let’s go camping!”

 

Seungkwan got ecstatic after hearing the news. Gyu and I grinned at each other. We already knew what on each others mind. I remembered how we prank Seungkwan in our trip last year and it’s not really a good idea. The boy cried his heart out when Gyu and I fought dramatically. But the next news got me anxious real bad.

 

“Seokmin will pay for everything and of course, he’ll join us.” 

 

He smiled at us widely like a whole new person. I even rubbed my eyes to know if I was just dreaming. Well maybe, it’s just one of his antics again. And I was correct, there he was, cutting off his smile as soon as he saw me. I texted Sena of the news who’s on leave at the moment. 

 

 

Days passed too quickly and the day we’ve all been waiting for arrived. I got even more anxious. I’m more than happy just being with the team, why do that Lee Seokmin have to come?

 

“Bosun ah! Here!” Sena waved as she’s already with the guys.

 

Jeonghan brought his own car. The problem was, it’s a four-seater one. Seungkwan and Gyu already cramped their selves inside. And I didn’t want to wipe Sena’s happiness on her face either, so that left me to the biggest decision of my life. I turned around and saw this already smirking Lee Seokmin behind me.

 

“I’m sorry Bosun ah, you’ll have to go with Seokmin. I want to drag those kids out of my car but they won’t budge.” 

 

Jeonghan sulked. I smiled and just told him it’s okay but my heart was already beating like crazy. Now I regret coming. I dragged my feet heavily towards Seokmin’s car and put my luggage at the back. 

 

“What’s that for?”

 

He quirked his eyebrows at me, puzzled when I took a picture of him after putting my seatbelt on.

 

“I’m gonna send this to my mom just in case I’ll go missing.” I glared.

 

He laughed out loud and I got surprised. I’m being serious here, sir!

 

“Okay. You may take pictures of me as many as you want. But I don’t think your mom will think my face would suit that of a murderer.”

 

I rolled my eyes at his statement. Haughty, as usual. 

 

“Just keep your eyes open, Ms. Kwon. This will be a long drive and you don’t know what I might do to you.”

 

He warned and started driving. He had that serious face again which got me nervous. I put on my headphones to calm down. Two hours passed by quickly and I didn’t notice my eyelids betrayed me. I just woke up when I felt the car stopped. I looked around, being paranoid, where this jerk had already taken me.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to keep your eyes open, Ms. Kwon?”

 

He tossed me a bottled drink which I luckily caught, enough to wake up my senses. It’s my favorite MoguMogu! He’s also drinking one that I didn’t take my eyes off on him.

 

“What?”

“Why are you also drinking that?” I asked.

“Why? Am I not allowed to?” He fired back.

 

I just got curious why a grown up man was also drinking a MoguMogu. He should be drinking what boys always doㅡenergy drinks, soda and the like. This was a side of him I found real cute. 

 

Few minutes passed and I dozed off again. If I didn’t feel a pain in my cheek, I wouldn’t know that we finally arrived at our destination. I checked in the mirror and my left cheek was really red. Did he pinched me?!

 

“Lee Seokmin!”

 

I got out of the car instantly and saw him unloading our luggages. He didn’t saw me coming that I kicked him hard in the leg.

 

“Oww! What’s that for?!” 

 

He writhed in pain as I got my luggage and walked off.

 

“I didn’t do anything you tiny witch!”

 

 

I heard him shout in anger when I joined the guys who’s already setting up a tent. I purposely avoided him throughout the afternoon that Gyu noticed it and asked what happened between us. I just shrugged off the giant’s question and continued helping. 

 

The surroundings started growing dark and this was always my favorite part of camping. This is when the food party is coming. Knowing my friends were experts in cooking, I always look forward to their dishes whenever we’re on a trip. Seungkwan, Jeonghan and Gyu volunteered themselves to cook this time. Sena and I worked as a helping hand as usual...washing, chopping or finding the ingredients they needed. 

 

“Hey, what are you grinning at?”

 

I  asked Sena who’s grinning like an idiot again. She whispered at me to look at Chef Lee’s direction. 

 

“He’s one of a hot guy too, don’t you think?”

“Obviously, not.”

 

I surely disagreed. The guy volunteered to grill the meat and I enjoyed watching him suffer because of the smoke. He’s seriously grilling, though. With his loose muscle tee that’s a paradise to see because of his toned arms, it’s really not helping at all. It’s distracting. 

 

After all the cooking, our eyes sparkled at the mouthwatering dishes in front of us. We happily digged in, filled our stomach nonstop. We sat in a circle and I happened to be in between Jeonghan and Chef Lee. Jeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter