I Don’t Know

Mon Amour, My Chef
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ever since the incident happened, Seokmin started visiting the cafe almost everyday. We’re even mistaken as a couple but I always counterattack them that we’re only good friends. I should not take advantage of his current situation and I was sure he had no feelings for me. He just wanted to know more of his past.

 

“Jeonghan said he’s calling you many times but you don’t answer any of his calls.”

 

I opened up to him while we’re walking side by side, going back home.

 

“I kinda dislike him.” He confessed.

“But why?”

“Well, I couldn’t really point out why.” He uttered.

"You should talk to him for you to figure out why." I replied and smiled. He just nodded and smiled back.

 

I wanted them to be close again like in the past. It would be sad for Jeonghan too if their friendship was forgotten just like that. 

Saturday came and I've got nothing much to do. I decided to surprise Seokmin at his unit. I packed a lunch for him excitedly. How would he like the dishes I prepared? I dressed nicely and put on a light make up. I gathered all my strength and was about to push the doorbell when I noticed the door unlocked. Did he forgot to lock it?

"Seokmin ah..." I called, stepping inside.

 

And that one step was the biggest mistake of my life when I saw a girl kissing him. The packed lunch slipped thru my hand which caught their attention.

"Bosun ah?" Seokmin walked towards me. I could tell he's also surprised by my sudden appearance. "C-come in."

"Ah n-no. I'm sorry. I intruded you two. I should have called first." I uttered.

"Bosun? Kim Bosun?"

The girl raised her eyebrows at me. She had this intimidating and sophisticated look. Just by looking at her, I bet she's half Korean. 

"Isn't she the one mom told you to avoid?"

Mom? Am I missing something here? I was so confused.

"Hyomin ah..Please, stop. Let's not talk about this." Seokmin butted in.

"What? Yah Kim Bosun! You have the nerve to show up in front of Seokmin after you've done to him?!" She said, pushing me.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I replied in bewilderment.

"Hyomin ah! I said stop! Will you?!"

"She deserves to know the truth oppa! This girl is the reason you got into an accident two years ago. You almost died for goodness sake!"

"And what exactly is your business here with an already engaged man, huh? You, !"

I was so lost that I didn't see her hand coming at me. There's too much to take that I was like stabbed here and there. 

"Stop it Hyomin ah! Or else... leave!" Seokmin shouted again, coming in between us.

"Bosun ah. Let me explain..." 

Even his voice was calm to me, I couldn't look him in the eye. Everything was clear to me now. I deserved that slap. How could I have the guts to be with him when I was the reason of all his sufferings. Tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably.

"What's there to explain Seokmin ah." I managed to say. "I'm sorry..."

I left them, not knowing where my feet would drag me to. I guess the sky was sharing the sadness with me as raindrops began to fall. I continued walking into the unfamiliar streets. I don't care anymore. My eyes were too cloudy to see everything around me. Suddenly, I heard a loud honk followed by a blinding light. I couldn't move my body... My vision started to go blurry as I saw a familiar face crying for help.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                            }}}}•{{{{



 

 

February 07, 2005

 

We recently moved in a new neighborhood here in Busan. It's my birthday today but I don't still have friends. Mom and Dad also won't be joining me to celebrate since they have a business to take care of in a nearby town. Who will I invite then? I roamed around and saw three male kids in their uniform. I peeked at what their doing in an alley. 

"Hey fatty. Where's the bread we asked you to buy? The kid asked a girl who seemed to be younger.

"Why don't you buy it yourself?!" The girl replied, only to be pushed by the boy on the ground.

"Hey kids! I'm Lee Seokmin. Mind if I join you?" I smiled widely at the kids, earning a glare from the boys i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter