Chapter Thirteen

Wrong Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuju opened her eyes, reaching out a hand to turn off the noisy alarm clock. She's now wide awake but her thoughts keep on drifting away.

She heard a knock on the door, followed by the sound of Sinb's voice. "Are you awake, unnie? A visitor is waiting for you outside."

Yuju sighed then lazily get up from her bed. She opened the door then saw Sinb frowning at her. "Hey. You look awful. Do you want to greet your visitor like that?"

"Who is it?"

Sinb sighed. "Jung Yerin."

Yuju felt an ache on her heart. She's still in dilemma. She's unsure if this is the right time to talk with Yerin.

Sinb noticed the sad look on Yuju's face. "I can tell her to come back next time."

Yuju took a long deep sigh then shook her head. "Just tell her to wait for me. I won't take too long."

The door of Yuju's bedroom shut closed but Sinb's eyes still caught the bitter smile from her friend.

------------------------

Yerin smiled happily when Sinb told her that Yuju will come out soon. She's so excited to tell Yuju that their love story won't be forbidden anymore, that they can finally go back from the way they used before.

But the happiness on Yerin's face fades when Yuju finally meet her, she wondered why Yuju had that painful look on her eyes.

"G-Good morning, Yuju. Can we eat breakfast outside... together?" Yerin asked. She's silently praying that Yuju won't say no.

Yuju smiled then nodded her head. Yerin felt relief but she still wonder why Yuju's smile look forced.

- ------------------------

Every words coming out from Yerin's lips seems like a stab on Yuju's heart. It's ironic because Yuju should be happy that Yerin is finally free from her arrange marriage with Umji but her feelings are totally different from what she had expected.

Yuju know that something really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter