Chapter Five | Yuju

Wrong Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I hurriedly went to the hospital Sinb told me where Eunha is I was so worried as I run my way to her assigned room. I am so scared, so worried and so guilty, but I'm dying to meet her. I must.

I stopped running when I saw Sowon sunbaenim on the hallway. She's watching me and it seems like she's observing me.  If I am not mistaken, she's Eunha's best friend. I kinda know her, but only as my sub at the school, this will be the first time that I'll talk with her. And it's all about Eunha.

I bowed down at Sowon sunbaenim. "Good evening, Sowon sunbaenim. I'm Choi Yuju. I am here to visit Eunha."

Sowon sunbaenim looks intimidating when her gaze landed closer to me. I felt nervous and insecure because she's like a model who just finished a runway show while I look like a girl who got lost in a forest.

Why is she looking at me like that anyway? Does she hate me? Maybe she's mad at me cause I didn't meet Eunha a while ago.

Sowon sunbaenim  sighed, then looked at the door next to us. That's Eunha's assigned room. "I know. I just thought you won't bother visiting Eunha, Yuju-ssi."

"I'm so sorry for not... meeting Eunha a while ago. I..."

"Eunha said you might be busy in your school works. Of course, she'll always take your side, Yuju-ssi."

I frowned cause Sowon sunbaenim sounded bitter. I guess, she really hates me.

"I'll give you two privacy. I'll just wait here. Come inside now, Yuju-ssi." Sowon sunbaenim said making me hesitate. I felt more scared to see Eunha cause of Sowon sunbaenim's coldness to me. "Don't worry, Eunha is not mad at you. Only me."

I bit my lower lip, then bowed down to Sowon sunbaenim again before twisting the doorknob. My heart is pounding so hard. I hope Eunha is fine.

"Yuju-ya. Come."

I sighed in relief when I saw Eunha sitting on the patient's bed. An IV drop is connected to her and my eyes keep on searching for any bandages on her.

"On my left thigh. You can't see it cause I'm covering my lower body with a blanket." Eunha said making me frown.

I walked closer to her then slowly pulled her blanket away. She's wearing a hospital gown so I can easily see the bandage she's talking about.

I looked back at Eunha with tears forming in my eyes. "Explain."

Eunha chuckled then caressed my face gently. "I'm sorry. I just...lost it."

"Explain more."

"Yuju...I'm...I'm scared. I just developed that coping mechanism as my escape in my reality. I felt so bad for feeling relief from doing that to myself." Eunha said shyly but I hold her chin up to meet my eyes. "I... I'm sorry. I...I just... cut myself. I'm so sorry for worrying you, Yuju."

She's cutting herself? As a coping mechanism? That's the practice of self-harm. Some people use it as a coping mechanism to provide temporary relief of intense feelings. And I know what I did to her today made her seek that relief again.

I started crying and Eunha hold me closer to her. "Yah. Why didn't you tell me earlier? If I know... I will never hurt you like this, Eunha."

Eunha smiled bitterly. "I want your love Yuju and not your pity."

"How can I love you if you won't be honest with me? Eunha...I'm so sorry." I sobbed into Eunha's arms. Why is she always witnessing me being a crybaby?

"I'm sorry too, Yuju. I'm just... sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter