Chapter Seven | Eunha

Wrong Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

I sent a phone message to Yuju telling her that I'll meet her after the school class ended. I am so excited to be with her everyday cause she's my happiness. And I want to give her happiness too.

I saw Yuju on the campus walking hurriedly. I want to run to her then surprise her, but I've realized that she looks tense. I just watched Yuju from afar, I wonder if she's really interested in meeting me today.

My eyes caught Yerin-ssi walking closer to Yuju and that hit me. Yuju is tense because she doesn't want me to see them together. I hurriedly went back inside the school ground, I don't want Yuju to feel more guilty because of me.

I smiled bitterly. "Of course. You'll always choose Yerin-ssi over me, Yuju-ya."

___________

Sowon unnie invited me for dinner at their mansion again. At first, I declined it cause I want to be alone, but Sowon unnie and even Umji are so good at forcing me to agree so I just went to their mansion.

And as I've expected, Yerin-ssi is there too. I'm sure that Umji invited her and maybe, she was cutely convinced too for this dinner.

I'm already sitting on the long fancy dinning table of Kim's residence and what a coincidence, I'm sitting across Yerin-ssi. Our eyes met and I know, we both know we don't like each others presence.

"Eunha unnie, Yerin unnie. Stop acting strangers to each others. We are all a family now." Umji said cutely making her parents smiled at her. "After this dinner, let's have a chit-chat on the garden. I want you to be friends with Yerin unnie, Eunha unnie."

Yerin-ssi faked a cough. "It's okay, Umji. I don't think..."

"It's fine." I cut off Yerin-ssi's words. She looked back at me with a curious stare and I smiled at her. Not fake though. "I really want to be friends with Yerin-ssi. I want to ask a lot of things from her."

Umji smiled. then clapped her hands in excitement. "That's good. Will you join us, Sowon unnie?"

I looked at Sowon unnie who's sitting next to me. I am not surprised when I saw her looking intensely at me.

"Yeah. I have to." Sowon unnie said. I know what she means and sometimes, I wish she would just let me handle things on my own. But she won't listen to me and honestly, I don't want her to listen to my poor wish anyway.

______________

The four of us went to the Kim's family garden located at the back of their mansion. Sowon unnie is always staying by my side and I can feel her on protective mode again making me smile.

"Do you ever had a boyfriend, Eunha-ssi?" Yerin-ssi asked all of a sudden after Umji just finished sharing her story. "Or... a girlfriend." That was a statement. Not a question.

I looked at Yerin-ssi who's sitting across me again. There was a round table here good for four person, coincidence again, huh? Or this is what you called fate.

"You already know that I have a girlfriend, right? She's Yuju, my childhood friend and... my future wife."

Yerin-ssi gave me a deadly glare that only lasted for three seconds before she showed her poker face. "Yeah. Sorry. I thought that was just a stupid prank that's why I forgot about it."

"Is that the reason why you..." I bit my lower lip as I've realized Umji is watching me. I don't want to hurt that kid with the truth. What she doesn't know won't hurt her.

"What is it?" Sowon unnie asked. I know she felt curious, but I just faked a smile.

"It's nothing." I said then looked at the starry sky. I remembered Yuju. She's like a star for me. So tempting to catch, but so impossible to have, no matter what I do.

I heard Umji sharing funny stories again and it's about her new dance club friend named Sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter