Chapter Twelve

Wrong Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yerin received scolding from her dad after she left home to run away with Yuju. She doesn't care about all the curses and slaps she received from her furious dad that night because the pain that Yuju caused into her heart is already too much.


Yerin thought that Yuju loves her, that they both want to live a life together but... Yuju didn't choose her. It seems that Yuju chose the path where Jung Eunha is waiting for her.


She heard knocks on her door then pretend that she's still asleep when the door opens. Yerin hopes that her parents will just give her peace even just for today.


"It's me, Yerin unnie." 


Yerin opened her eyes then saw Umji standing next to her bedside. Umji smiled then sat on her bed. "It's time to wake up, princess."


"I'm sorry, Umji." Yerin apologized. She doesn't love Umji but Yerin knows she's too heartless to fool this kid. "I'm sorry."


Umji smiled then shook her head. "Don't be. I like you Yerin unnie, I really do that's why... " She gently hold Yerin's hand then smiled. "I want you to be happy. I want you to be happy even if its not with me but Yuju unnie."


Yerin widen her eyes then sat on her bed. "Y-You knew?"


"I always knew, Yerin unnie." Umji smiled bitterly. "I know everything. I know that you have no choice but to marry me because that's the only option your parents can do to save your family fortune. I know that you are trying your best to accept me as your partner but... You can't give up your love for Yuju unnie."


Yerin was about to say something but Umji signaled her to stop then continue talking. "I know that you planned to run away with her last night and I thought I will never see you again but... You are still here, Yerin unnie. I don't know if I should be happy because... I know how much you want to run away with Yuju unnie."


"Yeah. I really want to run away with Yuju but she said no." Yerin chuckled bitterly. "I guess, she finally get over me. It hurts but what can I do?"


"You know what to do, Yerin unnie. Win her back."


Yerin frowned. "Are you listening to yourself, Umji?"

 
Umji smiled. "Yeah. I want you to be happy, Jung Yerin." 


Yerin shook her head. "Stop being nice to me, Umji. I don't deserve your kindness."


"I don't care. I just... I want to do what's right, unnie." Umji took a long deep sigh then looked straight into Yerin's eyes. "I'm planning to talk with my parents later... about our wedding. I will ask them to cancel it."


Yerin widen her eyes. "What? But... my parents..."


"I will ask my dad to give your father another chance to pay off his debts. I'm sure they will have a good payment plan for this." She smiled at Yerin then wiped off the tears rolling down from her face. "I'm letting you go now, Jung Yerin."


Yerin cried then hugged Umji. "Thank you. I don't know what I can do to pay you back but... I will always be here for you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter