How To Stop Your Addictions

How To: ChanSoo

- a persuasive speech by OSH -


Draping himself over the smaller frame of Kyungsoo, Sehun peered at the open document on the desktop the smaller was currently working on. When Kyungsoo leaned back and took a sip of his coffee, Sehun reached around Kyungsoo, skipping through the presentation. Propping his chin onto Kyungsoo’s head, he began to speak, well, more specifically, admiring himself.

“I’m hot as fudge, am I not?”
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “As hot as butter in the summer’s sun around noon can get. As hot as the tip of an iceberg. Et cetera, et cetera...”
“With someone as hot and handsome as me, even blurry pics look like high quality magazine shots.”
Kyungsoo dropped his head a little before slamming it back into Sehun’s chin.
”Ouch, what was that for?” Sehun rubbed the sore spot.

Turning around in his swivel chair, Kyungsoo glared at him, “What about appreciating the man who had to keep up with your antics for days?”

“Do Kyungsoo, you are the best photographer I ever worked with”, Kyungsoo began smiling, “you make me even hotter than I already am!” Sehun gave him an exquisite crescent eye smile.

A loud smack was heard, followed by a muffled scream.

 

“Oh Sehun! I’m going to beat you up! Come back here, so I can skin you alive!” Kyungsoo stood on top of the couch in the living room, a half dressed Sehun behind the other one, his shirt around his head in a turban, mockingly grinning at the other male.

 

“Sorry to interrupt your lovers’ quarrel, but Soo, it’s already past nine fifteen, the bus won’t wait for you”, Keegan said in passing.

“Oh ! Sehun, dress yourself right now and dress warmly, we have to go”, Kyungsoo ordered while he packed his belongings in his bag, “We’ll continue this at a later point after the lecture. This isn’t the end!”

 

Kyungsoo was extremely agitated, he hated to talk in front of people. With a burning passion, someone might add. It was easy to see how much of a nervous wreck Kyungsoo was. The seminar was usually held in a much smaller confinement, with less people, but this time it was in a lecture hall and a lot more people attended, the time frame being around four hours and not the usual two. They still had over half an hour left before the lecture would even start.

Sehun adjusted his snapback, pushing it a bit further into his eyes, while Kyungsoo was still running up and down, smoking. Kyungsoo continued rambling when they made their way into the hall. Sehun smacked Soo’s when he led him up the stairs, because Sehun wanted to sit near the top and plenty available seats were left to choose.

“Bubble tea.”
“-and those pe- what?” Kyungsoo stopped mid-sentence.
“Bubble tea”, Sehun peered at Kyungsoo with scrunched eyebrows. Kyungsoo stared back motionless, and in particular, speechless. “It was about time you stopped talking like the Niagara Falls”, Sehun sent a reproachful look towards Kyungsoo, who was still off track.
“You do know that the obsessive amount of bubble tea of yours isn’t healthy?” Kyungsoo questioningly lifted an eyebrow.
“Look who’s talking, aren’t you an avid smoker?” Sehun shot back, “And which city doesn’t have bubble tea?”
“Ours, obviously.”
Sehun’s tactic of distracting the bespectacled boy was successful, but now Kyungsoo would start a lecture about sugar and obsessions and defend his smoking. Sehun would sit through it if it meant that Kyungsoo’s nervousness would fade away. He leaned his head on the other one’s shoulder and listened to the boy’s soothing deep honey-like voice.

Thanks to the sheer amount of people attending, the lecture was dragging on and Sehun was about to fall asleep. Two and a half hours were left, but it was Kyungsoo’s turn any minute now. Sehun didn’t know a thing about art, but he knew one or two about photography itself.

 

2 unread message(s)

good luck, Soo <3 :*

 

show em what u got!

 

 

Thank you, Channie. <3

 

Kyungsoo was extremely nervous. After he set everything up, he constantly adjusted his glasses, fidgeted with his sleeves, and had sweaty hands. He felt like he was going to suffocate any second. Kyungsoo looked towards Sehun, who sent him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up. The student left his phone after Chanyeol sent his heartfelt ‘good luck’ message. Sehun took upon himself taking ugly selcas with Kyungsoo's phone.
The first photo of Sehun provoked a mixed reaction among the audience, when it was projected on the giant whiteboard. The model wasn't a small number in the industry and his following wasn't small either.

Kyungsoo was not known as a social butterfly, that’s why it came as a surprise that he showed photos of the famous Oh Sehun. Due to the fact Sehun wore a cap, he remained unseen in the hall, and it resulted in him eavesdropping on nasty conversations about his beloved friend.

Kyungsoo used some photos the internet gushed about and fell in love with, because Sehun uploaded them on his Instagram. Kyungsoo was never mentioned in the captions, at least his pseudonym was, but he didn’t wanted to be hyperlinked in them.

 

“Is this guy for real? Stealing Sehun’s pics and sell them as his own work?”

“Wow, just because the profs like’m, doesn’t mean he can pull a stunt like t’is!”

Those were just the nicer things people said about the person doing the presentation.
Sehun started boring holes in talking people’s heads. Just then he received a notification, someone tagged him in an Instagram post. Sehun was enraged at what he saw, the person took a photo of the whiteboard and Kyungsoo and bashed the male online. All of a sudden, more notifications started popping in.

The attacked, but unsuspecting boy was still unaware of the commotion about him. Kyungsoo was talking to the professor, who supervised his project. The elderly man had a few questions about a few photos and Kyungsoo was currently elaborating them. Suddenly, someone raised a hand, it was a girl Sehun already despised since she entered the hall. He had the feeling he saw her before.

Chewing obnoxiously loud on a gum, she said, “Err, sorry to interrupt. Got a question.”
“Yes?” Kyungsoo looked at her, after he glanced shortly towards Sehun, who sent the girl death glares.
“Why did you steal Sehun’s pics?!” she accused him.
Kyungsoo’s forced smiley demeanour fell, “Pardon me?”
“Are ya deaf? I asked why ya stole his pics and try to tell us that ya took ‘em. That photo is from last year and the other one was just uploaded yesterday”, she pulled a disgusted expression and Sehun felt the urge to do things to her, which would put him into jail, for a long time.

The accused male stared at her disbelievingly. At that moment, the lecturer turned around to negotiate, but it was already too late, more people started bashing Kyungsoo and didn’t give him time to defend himself.

 

“It’s Mr Oh, I don’t think we’re on a first-name basis”, a booming voice echoed through the lecture hall, successfully silencing everyone. She choked on her gum and Sehun lifted his cap, adjusted his hair, and couldn’t stop a sinister smile from creeping on his face, “Ms_ohsehun_lover_97.”

She was the one to upload Kyungsoo’s photo.
“If you’re not deleting the post this second, then I’m forced to sue you for defamation, false accusations and so on. You guys are such hypocrites for disregarding the photographer you always admired for taking those photos, am I right Mr D.O?” Sehun addressed Kyungsoo by his pseudonym.

He collected their belongings and made his way down to the professor and the perturbed male, “You have an hour to clear the misunderstandings.”

He made a beeline for Kyungsoo’s notebook and bagged it. Sehun slung his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder, who was on the verge of a mental breakdown and teary eyed. It broke Sehun’s heart to see his friend like this. He placed a kiss on Kyungsoo’s crown. Showing the onlooker how friendly he was with Kyungsoo. On his way out, he thanked the professor and said his goodbye to him. Dragging Kyungsoo along with intertwined hands, he gripped a bit tighter, comforting him.

Leaving an ominous ‘one hour’ hanging in the air, Sehun exited the hall. Kyungsoo heard the professor pointing out the other students’ condemnable behaviour and he made that quite apprehensible with the usage of informal language.

 

The ‘one hour’ was for the dramatic effect, Sehun later told Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

 

Thanks to Sehun’s direct approach with the lawyer everything turned out in Kyungsoo’s favour. Sehun and his manager succeeded in curbing the story and released statements regarding that matter for future reference. Kyungsoo was linked officially in the captions. The people who started the rumours and false accusations apologised, on- and offline. Of course, there was some damage done, mainly to fans who just didn’t learn.