How To Not so Subtly Crush on Your Best Friend

How To: ChanSoo

- a failed experiment by PCY -


 

1 unread message(s)

 

send_this_with_no_context_

to_your_crush.mp4

 

          Duration: 00:32

 

 

…Are you for real?

 

I reconsider my choices in not blocking you until now.

damn, I didnt knw ure online :D

 

 

Technically, well, *literally* it says ‘online’ right beneath my name.

 

And, you know, you did see that video file’s name?

 

          ⁰⁹˙⁴¹

...

 

untitled.mp4

 

          Duration: 00:32

 

 

I’m blocking you for real this time.

does that mean it ddnt work? :(

 

 

Death wish, much?

what a bummer

 

 

Channie?

yes?

 

 

What’s that all about?

gettin on your nerves?

 

 

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that.

nice!

 

wait! did u agree with me?

 

 

That was successful…

 

I take that ba…

no second chances

 

that’s not how life works!

 

 

Park Chanyeol!

gonna mark that in my calendar

 

 

Ugh, back to the topic…

 

Mind elaborating the fact you send me that video?

 

Kyungsoo was uncomfortable flexing his shoulders, he laid way too long in bed today.

 

:)

 

 

Channie?

told ya, jus gettin on ya nerves

 

mission accomplished!

 

 

I’ll come over and kill you!

 

I just heard my patience snapping!

 

You’re a dead human bean stalk.

love ya~

 

 

I don’t even want to answer anymore…

Soo, don’t even deny your undying love for me~ :)

 

 

Addressed male still wasn’t over the shock. Sometimes he had a hard time picking apart seriousness and humour in Chanyeol, especially if he tends to accomplish very serious topics with humour. Or was he just drunk in the middle of the day?
He sat outside of a small café, stocking up his caffeine level. He got there directly after he got up. He needed some inspiration for his next project and the ideas weren’t flowing. Thanks to Chanyeol and his antics, Kyungsoo’s soul decided to unceremoniously leave its human host.

Outside the café stood an elderly man, playing the clarinet for about an hour already. Kyungsoo couldn’t decipher what the man was playing, but it was enormously soothing to the young man’s ears. He decided already long ago to get rid of his earphones so he could listen to the man instead.

Some people also took out some time out of their busy schedule just to listen for a bit to the man. Some onlookers were so immersed in the music, they started, almost unseen, moving their bodies, or at least their heads, to the music.

 

1 unread message(s)

 

watcha doin?

 

 

unnamed_video_file_0612.mp4

 

          Duration: 00:22

why does that sound familiar?
what was it again?

 

Benny Goodman?

 

 

Benny Who?

Goodman

 

a jazz musician

 

big band jazz

 

around 20s 30s

 

 

Oh, okay, thanks for the information.

ure welcome ;)

 

 

Kyungsoo quickly made a few very rough sketches of some people. Upon closer inspection, he saw that the man wasn't dressed up warm enough for this weather. Autumn already started and it was getting colder day by day, coats were a must, scarves too, because today it was also quite windy.

 

Kyungsoo had paid for his coffee in advance, so after gobbling down the rest, he grimaced at the bitter and cold taste of what was once hot coffee. He adjusted his collar and straightened out the coat he was wearing. For a second, he felt like his model friend, ready to pose, but the wind thought otherwise and swept itself through Kyungsoo’s hair and transported his hair in a compact layer from right to left, leaving him with an ugly and unruly appearance. He grimaced the second time and fixed the scarf and hair in the cafe’s reflective windows period. Afterwards, he slowly approached the man and waited for him to pause his play, luck was on his side, because he stopped shortly after, but he still had enough time to observe the man.

Besides the fact that the man wasn't dressed as well as he should, Soo noticed quite a few clothes patches and stitches here and there. The man's face was weather-beaten, and he was quite sturdy for his age, Kyungsoo guessed the man’s age somewhere around 60 years old. The observant male had the impression of standing in the presence of an old sailor.

The man played his last song and started collecting the money from his instrument's pouch, the mass was clearing and that was the exact moment he approached the man at last.
“Excuse me, mister?” Kyungsoo started.
The man was clearly startled, his eyes displaying pleasant surprise.
“Oh, I don't want to impose on you-”, Kyungsoo stuttered, intimidated by the man's height which had to be even taller than Keegan.

“Yes, son?” the man smiled at him as if the sun had risen after a thunderstorm.
“I, uh…”, he shoved the scarf into the man's arms, “I saw that your clothes-, sorry, to be nosy!”
The elderly man’s smile was replaced by sheer surprise, his eyes the size of saucers and his lips slightly parted, “Son?”
“Just just take it, please, I don't need it and I still have two left home”, Kyungsoo rambled on.

 

“Oh my, oh my, thank you so much, may God bless you and your wonderful soul!” the man let out a deep laugh. He still looked like he didn't believe him, but he put on the fluffy scarf nonetheless.
“No, sir, it's..., it's..., I really want, want you to have it”, Kyungsoo was still not speaking coherently and started up at the man with big eyes.
“You mean it, son?”
“Yes, yes, really. Take it as a present, for your beautiful music.”

The man laughed and it wasn't long before the smaller male and the man decided to talk to each other, and both got a coffee together. Kyungsoo's nervousness was slowly fading away.

It looked like the young student found an inspiration for his new art project and he actually guessed the man's former occupation right. Indeed, the man was really a sailor.

Sometime later, after Kyungsoo parted ways with the man he met in the city, he was on his way back to the dormitory. He felt his phone buzzing in his pocket.

 

5 unread message(s)

 

i go crazy 'cause here isn't where I wanna be

 

and satisfaction feels like a distant memory

 

and i can't help myself

 

all I wanna hear her say is "are u mine?"

 

Are you mine?

 

 

Chanyeol?

 

What’s wrong with you?

 

Kyungsoo stood at the bus stop and stepped on his cigarette stub. Great, now he’s even littering, looking around for a trash bin he spotted one and marched over there.

 

I guess what I'm tryna say is…

 

 

I need the deep end,

 

Keep imagining meeting, wished away entire lifetime

 

So on and so forth

 

Artic Monkeys – r u mine?...

damn, son!

 

how could u find it out that quickly

 

 

Because I listen to them.

 

I know some songs by heart, you know?

 

Nice try, try something different next time you try to confess to me, aka troll me, with lyrics. Even rickrolling would’ve been fine, that’s my style.

does that mean I have a 2nd chance?

 

 

No, that isn’t what I implied. Just don’t try to use lyrics to lure me in again.

so im not allowed to show my love to u thru lyrics?

 

 

Yes, that’s right, you’re not allowed to do that.

whoa, what a bummer

 

ure sucha party pooper

 

 

Sometime later in the evening, Kyungsoo was lying in his bed and jotting down some ideas for his assignment, he even got the man's telephone number to contact him for further information and for inviting him to a possible exhibition. Well, the exhibition wasn't just possible, it was happening, because it was one of those intermediate examinations they had every two years.

Kyungsoo already told Chanyeol about his meeting with the elderly man, even his name was too much of a coincidence: Anchor, the man was destined to be a sailor. Kyungsoo didn’t believe him at first and the man had to show his ID card, and it was true, the man’s first name was indeed ‘Anchor’.

The boys decided on a video chat for a change, so they wouldn’t feel bad about drinking alone.

 

 

Chanyeol, do you know what I realised over the course of time?

nah, but ull tell me

 

 

I’m a bit impatient and not that gentle.

?????
Kyungsoo?

 

 

And I’ll play you however I want.

is this some kinda jk?

 

 

Don’t be afraid, love is the way, shawty I got it!

i hate u!!!!!

 

 

You can call me MONSTER, I’M CREEPING IN YOUR HEART BABE!

 

Kyungsoo snorted into his coffee mug while singing along. His victory was already ensured the moment he used translated lyrics. He tries to stay true to his national heritage from time to time.

 

y u playin me like that?

 

 

You started the whole ordeal this morning and if someone’s at fault it’s you. ;)

 

Love you!

 

 

«Incoming Video Call: »
Accept          Decline
[✓]                    x