ACT 2: Prologue

Me and You
 
08
Riri/1103
If they have the guts.
  “Y ou know, we got approached by the three tall freshmen yesterday.” Surprisingly, it was Jongwoon who opened the conversation that following morning, handing Ryeowook his bowl of macaroni soup while Hyukjae lounges around in the background.

 

Saying a quiet ‘thanks’, Ryeowook softly blows on a spoonful of the food as he reads over the hazing team’s final schedule for this year’s activities; just looking at the schedule again since he doesn’t have that much material to read in advance yet. “What about them?” He asks, he already knew since N has mentioned about them, but he has not been able to interact with them yet, most of the freshmen didn’t dare approach him for his signature anyway.

 

“They’re quite interesting,” Hyukjae quips from his place by Ryeowook’s windowsill. “Don’t you think so too, hyung?” He adds, looking up at Jongwoon for a second before going back to looking at a piece of paper he found lying around.

 

The oldest hazer nods, playing with a pen from Ryeowook’s holder on the table and twirling it around his fingers. “They are… polite.” He mutters, looking up and maintaining eye contact with his close friend. “Though they don’t seem forced or obligated to act polite.” Jongwoon continues his thoughts, the other hazer grunting in approval in the background. “May be rich kids, I don’t think they’ve encountered Youngwoon yet so I can’t ask if they are.”

 

“You know, maybe they were just raised with manners.” Hyukjae adds in, dodging with a yell when the older swats at his dangling legs. “Anyway, I’m looking forward on how they will approach Ryeowook.” He says, as if the owner of the room wasn’t there.

 

‘If they have the guts.’— Thought the mentioned man, he stood up to tidy his table and wash his empty bowl of soup. “Let’s go get our books now?” He offers, grabbing one of his tumblers, a cap, and a small satchel containing his phone, wallet and other necessities. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the other two gather their things, they got ready to go out the dorms.

author's note
We're entering a new scene? Why.. I don't understand too. lol