ACT 1: Scene 3

Me and You
 
05
RIRI/0930
Signatures.
“G reat,” Kyuhyun mumbles under his breath, while Siwon thinks he really shouldn’t be judging people based off their pictures.

 

They’re currently sitting on one of the marble tables on the mini garden just outside their building, dismissed from the gathering a few minutes earlier, they’re all told to get lunch before heading to their lecture halls. Siwon, Kyuhyun, and their newly made friend Changmin would have been trying out the food stalls in the engineering building if their new third-year leader didn’t give them a task that had all first years groaning at the thought.

 

Before they had been dismissed, Ryeowook (or whoever thinks up of the things to make the freshmen do… which is most likely Ryeowook) had thought that it would be nice to get all first-years to ask and get the names and faculty of at least 500 of their seniors and to have them write it down on a little booklet given with the gathering kit.

 

It sounds easy, sure, the freshmen can all ambush some classes to ask for the seniors’ information outside of lecture rooms or on the grounds, except that for some reason, some of them thought it would be nice to tease the new students in exchange of their participation.

 

Okay, maybe Siwon was too dramatic with his earlier thoughts.

 

Then he looks at his, Kyuhyun’s, and Changmin’s booklet with less than ten names written and he suddenly remembers that they only have until the next freshmen gathering which is in four days (six, if you include the weekends— ST thought that it would be a nice idea to have the students meet their professors on the last Friday before starting official lectures on the following week.) and then suddenly he thinks that Ryeowook is meaner than he looks.

 

Kyuhyun groans from where his head was buried under his arms, the trio had been able to get some signatures because they immediately went to find the floor for the fourth years where they knew some people from middle school. Luckily, they got to them before they all left for the dorms after their meetings, all they did was play their ‘adorable hoobae’ cards right and they got their signatures with a few extras from friends who were kind enough, all without doing anything embarrassing.

 

Maybe they’re a bit unfair to the other freshmen who had to do the cringiest version of oppaya that they could muster for signatures of three guffawing third years.

 

“What should we do next? Maybe at least fifty signatures could pass for next week.” Kyuhyun asked with his voice muffled from not moving away from the table. He gently swats away the hand that fixed his t-shirt’s collar, which was Changmin’s.

 

“Let’s eat first, maybe?” The new addition to the group suggests, looking from Kyuhyun’s nape to Siwon’s slightly frowning face. “Then if we come across a senior or two, we’ll ask for their signatures.”

 

Kyuhyun finally lifted his head from the table, eyes squinted at the mere thought of facing another senior that may play with them. “No thanks, I’ll stay here and look after our stuff, you guys go and get food.” He huffs, waving the two away dismissively before laying his head on his right arm back on the table.

 

Glancing at each other, Changmin and Siwon stood up from their seats, their booklet in their hands.

 

They entered the building again, the tables on the spacious first floor which served as the cafeteria were occupied by other students, even the other third years are downstairs, a loud chatter heard from the trio’s place outside. The students who weren’t called or participated to the gathering have already received their jackets, so now the place was a mix of colours, some tables having more than one, only the freshmen were stuck in their shirts. Siwon headed to a rice meal stall while Changmin went to get their beverages.

 

The line for the rice meals was not that long since there are more options on the same side of the cafeteria. There were a few second years in line with Siwon, who glanced down at them before thinking if he should ask for their signature (he only has his booklet with him, after all) when one of the second years turned back and made eye contact with him.

 

“Ah, I haven’t seen you yet. You’re a freshman, aren’t you?” She smiled, then gestured to Siwon’s booklet. “You don’t have my signature yet, right? Would you like me to sign?”

 

The taller male finally replied, blinking rapidly since being approached by a senior seemed to fluster him. “Yes, I’d like to, but I have two friends with me, and I think it’s unfair if I got a signature without doing anything and they don’t so um- “

 

He stops his word vomit when the sophomore laughs, hand cupping with her eyes crinkling at the sides while the other person in between them hasn’t turned yet.

 

“It’s okay,” the female waves her hand curtly. “I’ll sign yours first, and then if you find us again, we’ll sign both of your friends’ booklets too. Consider it a welcoming gift from us, okay?” She says as she scribbles her info onto Siwon’s booklet, then hits the person with her lightly. “Sign his booklet too,” she then looks up to Siwon, smiling sheepishly when she remembered to ask. “What’s your name?”

 

“Siwon, Choi Siwon.”

 

“Okay, Siwon. I’m Heeyeon.” The second-year finally introduces herself, hand extended as the other person between them signs the booklet, passing it back to Heeyeon before getting their now-cooked food. “We’re in mechanical, so just wander around there with your friends and maybe you’ll spot me and my friend, okay? See you around!” Then she waves, walking away.

 

Well, she’s… nice?

 

“Oh, yeah, I got a signature from a third-year when I was in line for our drinks earlier.”

 

Changmin suddenly speaks out, having swallowed his mouthful of bibimbap, he looks up, trying to remember the name of the said person. “I think his name was… Donghee? He was in aerospace engineering, he said.”

 

Kyuhyun hasn’t replied yet, cheeks still puffed out from stuffing his face with the bulgogi that Siwon bought him (“I didn’t tell you to buy me anything.” Kyuhyun says, but still accepts the meal and drink that his friends got him.), while the other male nods, encouraging Changmin to continue.

 

“I mentioned the two of you, and he said to look for him sometime this week so he can sign your guys’ booklet too.”

 

Siwon perked up at his words, his orange juice’s straw being pulled away from his mouth. He grabbed a napkin to tap his lips clean. “I met a second-year; she said the same thing. That’s another signature for us, I guess.” He then turns to his other friend, he already knew that Kyuhyun didn’t move from his seat the whole time they were buying food, so it was a little surprising when the other opened his mouth to speak.

 

“I got one too…” He mumbles, turning to play with his food a bit. Kyuhyun doesn’t speak again right after, the other two males just staring, waiting for him to speak. “I got approached… He was… One of the hazers, the other tall one.” Kyuhyun’s voice didn’t raise in volume, but he resumed eating, munching on a small piece of meat.

 

“He did? How did it go? Did he make you do anything?” Siwon asks one question after another, peeking on Kyuhyun’s face from a lower angle and then on different sides as if checking for any scratch on his friend’s face.

 

“Not the scary one,” Kyuhyun says instead of answering Siwon, he glances briefly at Changmin, lips quirking a bit at him before looking at the man across him. “The other one, says his name was… Mi… uh… it was just two characters… I think? He was the one next to that scary third year earlier. He didn’t ask me to do anything embarrassing, but he did stare straight into my eyes the whole time. I managed to mention you guys before he left but he didn’t reply to me…”

 

Changmin made a face, wanting to pat his friend’s back but thought better of it, he just turned back to the table and sipped his water. “We’ll see him around, maybe, so Siwon and I will ask for his signature when that happens.”

 

Siwon nods thrice. “Do you remember his major? We can wait for him later.”

 

“And risk getting the attention of the other third-year hazers? No thanks.” His friend replies, scrunching his nose at that idea. This makes Changmin scratch his head slightly.

 

“So are we going to skip that guy or…?” He lets the question hang, looking back and forth between the other two people with him. When Kyuhyun doesn’t answer again, Siwon sighs.

 

“Let’s wait, maybe we’ll run across him. You’ll tell us when we see him, right, Kyuhyun?”

author's note
congratulations to wookie for going public about his relationship! though this may note be the best scenario to admit it, I'm happy they have decided to come froward and address it. Let's continue to support our little prince (who does not want to be called a little prince anymore, he's a king now lol) on all of his future endavours in life! Stories will continue, as this is purely fictional. And I do not force my ships unto anyone of my idols. This is only serving as a fun on the side to sharpen my writing skills and imagination lol.

 

Let's all show Wookie our support <3 if you don't support it, then please all we ask is to leave them alone. they are their own person and they do not owe us anything.

 

that's all. thank you for reading until here!