ACT 1: Scene 1: Ryeowook

Me and You
 
03
Riri/0908
Enter, Ryeowook!
C oming back to his classroom from the teacher’s longue, Ryeowook was welcomed with loud voices from his friends from the other end of the lecture hall. He made a face, hearing two specific voices above the rest. Some classmates said hello to him, getting the pleasantries returned. They still have two hours to spare before he and his hazing team goes down to check on the sophomores and freshmen, so he walked over to his friends instead, raising his eyebrows when he sees an extra person over there.

 

“You’re in the wrong classroom.” He opens, eyes bringing holes on the back of the head of his poor friend and fellow hazer Jung Yunho. “What are you doing here, you could have professors come to your class y’know.”

 

Yunho turned his head around, grinning at Ryeowook who was just barely at the same height as he is when seated with his back straight (which may be an exaggeration). “Good morning to you too Wook, and don’t worry, I can feel that there are no classes for us yet.” He grins. “We’re all going to the same place soon anyway so why not go here now?”

 

Ryeowook rolls his eyes at him, slumping on the seat beside Yunho. On the other side, another one of his friends who was fiddling with his phone earlier suddenly spoke up.

 

“Ryeong, are you ready for later? I’m kind of excited.” He asks, almost vibrating in his seat in excitement, another guy beside him laughs softly.

 

The smaller raised an eyebrow. “Say that now, Hyukjae, if one of them turns out to be a problem child they’re going to be yours to handle.” Ryeowook threatens, remembering the story of an older friend where someone kept defying or speaking out against the activities of the hazing team.

 

Hyukjae chortles. “If I handle them bad enough,” he says, “you’re going to get dragged into the mess. So, I suggest you take care of it while I support you.” He finishes, Ryeowook making a face at him.

 

“Jongwoon hyung,” he calls out to the guy farthest away from him, “are you hearing what I’m hearing? I can’t believe he’d threaten to perform badly just so I automatically take responsibility.” He then takes it a step further by jutting out his bottom lip and acting sad.

Yunho blinks as he watched Jongwoon hit Hyukjae’s back hard, the younger whining in response. He complains about how Ryeowook is Jongwoon’s favourite friend and he always gets kicked out of the choices when the other is in the equation.

 

Nearly an hour later, all seven hazers were complete inside one of the faculty auditorium’s green rooms.

 

They entered the auditorium, turning heads as they walked the distance between the entrance and the stage, Ryeowook kept his sight in front of him, he had already known the exact number of freshmen for their faculty this year— he can get on familiarizing himself with them some other day.

 

He kept on walking, near him Youngwoon, who may be effectively scaring off some newbies, Hyukjae and Donghae side by side and looking at each student they pass by. He led the remaining six to the stage, nodding subtly to the second years who moved off to the side after them. They stood there not intending to literally look down on the freshmen, but because the hazers had always been instructed to stand there.

 

Finally standing still, he turned his head and looked at the new students from those on his left side to his right, unblinking. There was no noise inside the auditorium, though he was sure that each of his friends is receiving a great number of curious, nervous, and frightened stares.

 

Ryeowook felt that someone was staring, and it was standing out, however, so he returned his gaze towards a specific section, and suddenly, that intense stare was gone.

 

He mentally shrugs.

 

 

The hazing leader stepped in front, his short brown hair moving slightly.

author's note
we all know who was staring