ACT 1: Scene 4

Me and You
 
07
10/21
Polite.
“W ait, I have to go to the restroom,” Ryeowook says as the three hazers left their lecture hall, it was the end of their first day returning to the university and the three had ditched their hazer jackets and received their regular third-year jackets, all stuffed in their bags for the meantime. They were still debating whether to go to their friends from other faculties which were possibly on the other end of the floor or above them. However, seems like their youngest is cranky, so maybe the biomedical trio will skip for now. They have the whole weekend to do that before they get swamped with anything, anyway.

 

They were waiting for Ryeowook by the first-floor stairs, eyes on their phones as their other third year (and some fourth year) friends have light banter on their group chat, when someone called out to them.

 

Standing not far away from them, but within earshot, were the three freshmen who they noticed were taller than most of their batch, something that N had jokingly messaged them about earlier before they went to the auditorium.

 

“Hello.” The one on the left greets politely, all of them bowing properly and standing straight at the same time. The two-third years share a quick look at each other, going unnoticed by the people who approached them. They returned the greeting, still leaning on the railing near the stairs as the three youngers held their booklets in their own hands. “We would like to ask for your signatures, please.” The one in the middle speaks, and the last one on the right nods curtly.

 

Jongwoon and Hyukjae hadn’t answered yet, but one was blinking in mild surprise while one just stares at them with his head tilted as he observes them. The older lets Hyukjae decide whether they’d make the trio do something (and knowing Hyukjae: possibly embarrassing,) but seeing the younger’s reaction from the edge of his vision, he knew they’d already gotten his interest.

 

“Alright, I’m guessing you already know us as one of your hazers, but we don’t know you.” Hyukjae’s words weren’t exactly said in the friendliest tone, but the one in the middle, as Jongwoon observed, seemed to have taken it as a green light for their request, lightly shoving his friend nearest to Hyukjae.

 

“Ah, yes.” The shoved man was startled out of his shock. “I’m student number 0263. Shim Changmin, a chemical engineering major.” He introduces himself, complete with formal speech and bowing of the head again.

 

Hyukjae nods, gesturing towards the booklet that the former held. He looks at the other BME major from the corner of his eye which makes the older move, finally looking at another first-year who immediately took it as his sign to introduce himself.

 

“Student number 0397. Cho Kyuhyun, also in chemical.” This one uses fewer words; however, he kept the same formal manner that the first man did. Jongwoon wordlessly extended his hand for the booklet, while Hyukjae finished writing on Shim’s paper. It was now the last freshman’s turn to introduce himself.

 

“Student number 0398. I’m Choi Siwon, aerospace major.” Hyukjae noted how this man in front of kept constant eye contact, unlike the two other tall first year on each of his sides (and maybe most of the freshmen too?), this Siwon didn’t look terrified of the hazers they are talking to. And call him reaching, maybe the third year can feel that they’re respected by this guy too.

 

Or, well, at least he’s being polite without being too obvious about his jitters.

 

“Here.” They hand over the booklets, the trio bowing as they reached over. “You guys got many signatures from third years, and I saw some names of fourth years too. Not bad.” Hyukjae says, tone just a tiny bit friendlier than it was during the beginning of the conversation. “Remember the deadline.”

 

Ryeowook crosses his arms across his chest as he stands on the second flight of stairs leading down to the second floor, he listens as the soft padding sounds of black shoes of the trio fades away as they leave the building. He tilts his head after listening to their voices, going down the rest of the stairs after a few seconds.

 

“Let’s go. Are we meeting the others? Or are we going tomorrow?” He says while approaching, fixing the sleeves of his t-shirt and not looking up at his friends.

 

Hyukjae shrugs, he’s fine with going tonight or tomorrow. Jongwoon locks his phone at the same time, shoving it into his pocket after. “We're going back.” The oldest of the three says. “We can meet them over the weekend, they’ll be around anyway.”

 

Ryeowook nods at him. “Hyukjae, don’t you have to go somewhere?”

 

They have reached the ground floor now, Ryeowook eating a snack that Jongwoon handed him and Hyukjae texting on his phone. “I’ll head over to eat first; would you guys like to come as well?” He offers and gets a synced dismissive wave of a hand from Jongwoon and Ryeowook

 

“We know it’s a date.” Ryeowook grumbles, an eyebrow raised at his friend. “Go ahead, we can just crash your weekend date instead.”

 

Jongwoon lets out a laugh while Hyukjae shoves him lightly, pouting.

 

“When Ryeowookie gets a date, they won’t be able to have a single outing with just the two of them. I will make sure to always tag along and drag the others with me.” The second oldest threatens, earning a nod from the older and a protest from Ryeowook.

author's note
Why didn't Wookie just walk down lol, scare the three or something (or maybe it won't work because they'll realize how smol he'll look with the three next to him lmao. Who's Hyukjae's date? Is it a big deal? I don't think they'll play a big thing on this story,,, hmm especially since this is supposed to be a light fic anyway hehhf.

thank you for reading~! maybe next time they'll meet for real now? hmm