ACT 2: Scene 1

Me and You
 
10
Riri/1124
Plans.
“H ave we got everything?” Jongwoon double checks while peeking at both his and his friend’s plastic bags containing their materials for the starting semester. He passed four different receipts from the bookstore to Ryeowook who kept it in his wallet.

After making sure that their changes were the exact amount, the third years left the bookstore with a polite ‘thank you’ to the employees. Hyukjae moved to open the back seats of a car a bit away from the entrance of the shop, then placed two orders of books for different courses carefully.

“We know you’re going on a date,” Ryeowook mutters with a small pout on his lips, Hyukjae didn’t even ask if they needed a ride back to the dorms. “So just go already.” He says to the other guy who stayed beside him and Jongwoon.

Donghae chuckles while scratching his nape, the two had already planned to visit an aquarium they frequent. Since it had been closed for quite some time because of some renovation, it only seemed fitting that they would pick the last weekend before they start to get busy again to go. “Don’t worry Ryeowook, Hyukjae will make sure he’ll read enough material for the first week.” He turns to the older beside Ryeowook, smiling his adorable smile. “See you two later at dinner, okay? I hope you have fun with whatever you plan this afternoon.”

Jongwoon nods, knowing he’ll get another round of teasing later anyway because Donghae’s companion seemed to not do it enough during breakfast and on the way to the bookstore. “Have fun, you two.”

They wait for the two to drive away before starting to walk away, Jongwoon adjusting his sunglasses perched on his nose and Ryeowook lowering his cap to shield him from bright sun rays. Ryeowook dragged the older to have a quick snack since it was almost lunchtime.

“Are you going to see Jongjin after this? I’ll get you something light then.” The smaller offers while they were in line, the place was not crowded so they didn’t have to secure a table. Jongwoon nods, looking up at the menu as he guesses what Ryeowook will get as a ‘snack’ since he knows the kid will eat again later.

Humming lightly, the taller turns to his friend. “Are you getting nachos again?” He asks even though he already knows the answer.

After eating, Jongwoon and Ryeowook were walking towards the direction of a nearby mall. Jongwoon decided to take a bus that stops near there to get to his younger brother, keeping the smaller some company for a little while longer.

“You sure you don’t want me to take your books with me? I have a feeling that you would end up buying lots of things later, those are heavy.” Jongwoon asks for the third time in the span of three minutes together in the middle of the mall, about to part ways because Ryeowook wants to go to a store located on the upper floors.

The head hazer waves his hands dismissively towards his hyung. “I’m sure, you’re commuting home too anyway, I can take care of this.” He says, nudging the elder forward with his sneaker-clad toes. “Go ahead, text me when you get there and say hi to Jongjin for me.”

With a reluctant look towards him, Jongwoon decided to obey and walk away.

Ryeowook adjusted his hold on the paper bag he was holding, the books were quite thick, maybe he should hold them in a different way. He tilts his head as he holds the books to his chest and supports the bottom with his other arm. He walked to the escalators, going straight to a store he regularly goes to ever since he discovered it during his freshman year.

author's note
I forgot to update yesterday. lol