EIGHT. INTIMIDATING GUY

I'll Be Waiting For You

Jung Yerin's POV

 

I woke up in a place where everything seems normal. Some people are passing me by, they're wearing casual clothes and some are wearing revealing garments and swimsuits. There are a group of men who are merrily playing volleyball nearby. 

 

 

I roamed around only to find out that I'm in a beach resort and the sea waves are approaching my feet. The sun finally sets and it reaches my skin. I don't even know how I got here. But one thing's for sure: this is not the Kingdom Shua anymore. Everything here is similar to the real world. 

 

 


"Did I return to the real world?" I shockingly asked as I watch every people around me. They looked so happy, I could tell it just by looking at their never-ending smile. Every person here has a light aura unlike those people in Kingdom Shua, they are hella freakish creatures. 

 

 

I noticed the footsteps of people on this seashore and followed them. I felt the sand on my feet and I've been longing for this. I smelled the refreshing ripples of the sea and seems like alluring me to jump into it. But I chose to ignore it and followed the footsteps. 

 

 

"How did I end up here? What happened to me in Kingdom Shua? Wait...if I finally returned to the real world, why am I here on a beach? Where's Eunha?" I'm clouding my mind with such thoughts and incessant questions while walking then the ray of the sun touched my face. I covered my face with my right hand and began staring at the sunset.

 


The view here is fulfilling and it's kinda ravishing. I admit I missed seeing this entrancing view— the whiff of the air that has been kissing my soul, the constant ebb of the waves, the sun that looks like it's slowly receding into the waters below, and the sky with the shades of reds, oranges, and yellows making the water has its vermilion color with a fleck of blue.

 


I faced the sunset and I'm out of words upon staring at this stunning view. 

 

 

Suddenly, I was shocked when a ball hit my head and it fell on the waves. 

 

 


"Ouch!" I began ranting as I caress my head. Just who on the earth did that?

 

 


"Stupid, why didn't you ward off? That's not my fault anymore," a husky voice that is like melted butter that resides somewhere in his body said. When I opened my eyes, I saw a tall guy with his ears that look almost pointed from the front, his eyes are quite small as well accompanied by a slim point which makes him look intimidating that fits his voice, his nose-while narrow is quite noticeable and takes up a large portion of his face, and he's a very slim guy with long limbs. He's wearing ed blue polo with a white shirt in it and a stripe of white and black shorts.

 


Guess he's from the group of men who are playing volleyball. 

 

My forehead suddenly furrowed and my teeth clenched. So, it's my fault now?

 

 

 

"What are you talking about? Are you implying that I should be the one who needs to adjust? Do you think I'm someone who can predict what would happen next? Dude, are you insane or just some kind of dolt person?" I daringly said as I stared at him and gave him a fearsome look. 

 

 


He slowly went closer to me with his intimidating small eyes. I noticed his scornful face but who cares? He's the one at fault here, I got hit with that ball because of him but he's blaming me. Great.

 

 

 


"What did you say?" He remarked with mad eyes. "Did you just call me dort and insane, huh?" 

 

 

 

He was angrier than I was. The next thing I knew, he strongly pushed me and that made me slumped on the ground. I heard the scream and whoop of his friends behind him. They're laughing, they're making everything to lose my sanity. 

 

 

I looked up at him with a dagger-like gaze and stood up. No, I won't allow him to just hurt me like that. 

 


Without a second thought, I ran in his direction and gave him a flying kick. Yes, a flying kick that made him thrown on the waves. His friends screamed and went "Ohhhhhhhhh!"

 

 

 

I smirked as I saw how he stood up and wiped his face that is now wet due to the seawater. He gave me a deadly stare. 

 

 

He was about to run in my direction and hit me when suddenly, there's a mysterious girl who stopped him and grasp his arms. 

 

 

 

"Hitting a girl, dude? That doesn't make you called a guy, you're a ." The mysterious girl said and twisted the guy's arms. 

 

 


"Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!" The guy bawled and his friends looked scared, making them stepped backward. Then, all of a sudden, the guy ran briskly with his friends. Tsk, weak guys. 

 

 

The mysterious girl holds my hand, I felt the similar cade hands of Eunbi. I felt the tenderness. And her voice..... Her voice is kinda familiar. Is this...

 

 


"Eunbi?"

 

 

 

When she faced me, I can't even take a glimpse of her face. All I could see is light, a dazzling light. Her face isn't that clear but I saw her hair. It's not red. It's a shade of light brown and black. I scrutinized her face but the dazzling light pained my eyes. It seems like I'm having a staring contest with the sun. 

 

 

I paused for a while and blinked my eyes for a second. But when I opened my eyes, I saw ceramic roof tiles. Guess I'm in a Korean traditional house--- Oh gosh! I looked around the house and examined it. 

 

 


Is this Younghoon and Yewon's house?!

 

 

"Oh, you're awake," a sweet voice happily uttered. It's Younghoon. He went to my side and stared at me. "How's your feeling?"

 

 


I-it doesn't make sense. I thought it's real. It felt so real. I really felt it, I woke up on a beach and that mysterious girl saved me. I really felt it was real. How come? And if it was only a dream, why on earth did I feel that it was real? Why did I dream about that?

 

 

"Hey, Yerin. Is there something bothering you?"

 

 

I almost forgot that Younghoon is here. My mind is preoccupied right now, I'm hella confused. 

 

 

 

"Uh, sorry. Why am I here? What happened?"

 

 


"Did you forget what happened to you earlier? Someone stabbed you in front of Eunbi's house. Good thing I saw you that's why I took you here and treat your wound."

 

 

What? 

 

 

Aish, oh right. There was a guy who stabbed me right after I come out of Eunbi's house. 

 

 


"Ouch," I felt my belly hurts and that's when I realized that's what I got from that dangerous guy. Damn, it hurts!

 


But what pains me more is when Eunbi didn't believe me. She even sent me away. It's like my heart torn into pieces. They say that no one can beat emotional pain because it takes time to heal the wound in your heart. 

 

 

 


"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?" He asked as he looked at me worriedly. I can see the care in his eyes, and this time, his raging eyes are hidden. I can't spot those raging eyes because all I could see is his care for me. 

 

 

Despite the fact that he's one of the villains in this story, I can't hate him for taking care of me and for making me feel that I should value my life. 

 

 

 

 

 

Hwang Eunbi's POV

 

My mind is still processing what Yerin told me earlier. It's getting dark and I should leave this house to catch and fight those dangerous men outside but my mind seemed to prevent me from moving. I can't stop thinking about it.

 

 

No, Yewon will never do that to me. Why would I believe her? Why would I believe a strange girl over Yewon? She's not even my friend. She just appeared to be someone whom I helped, and someone who helped me as well. She's weird for acting like we are really close. Tss.

 

 


Suddenly, I heard the footsteps of the men running outside. They're back and they began attacking again. 

 

 

I fixed myself and took my sword. It is shining as I put it beside my waist. 

 

Right after I opened the door of my house, I was shocked because of the pool of blood in front of my door. 

 

 

I didn't hear a scream or any sound earlier outside my house so why would a pool of blood scattered all over it?

 


My eyebrows knitted as I examined the blood, I even draw near it to watch it closely. 

 

 

 

"It's already dry. So, that means it is from someone who got stabbed earlier morning, I guess. Based on the dry blood it is----" 

 

 

I got halted. I stopped for a while when I realized something. 

 


"No, it can't be!"

 

 

I ran as fast as I could. No, it can't be! That blood isn't from Yerin, right?! I ran rapidly, agitated about my realizations and thoughts.

 


"Where are you, Jung Yerin?!" I screamed and I can't stop running.

 


I passed by those dangerous men who seemed to want to fight with me but I ignored them and I keep on running. 

 


 I want to see her. I want to make sure that she's alright. I need an assurance that she's alive, that that pool of blood isn't from her or else...

 


MY CONSCIENCE WILL PERSECUTE ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!