THREE. GET COMFORTABLE

I'll Be Waiting For You

The commotion outside finally stopped and everything came back to normal. 

However, the tension between the red-haired girl, Yerin, and the other girl who just barge in didn't vanish. The girl has tanned skin with long legs and really looks like a model if she's not wearing a Hanbok. And Yerin is still amazed by how tall the girl is. They were facing each other and the girl can't stop staring at Yerin. With her eyebrows that almost met, she gave Yerin a confusing look and looked at her from head to the tip of her shoes. Been wondering if where she came from.


"So, you're saying that you saved this girl from Helios' henchman?" The girl asked the red-haired girl while touching her chin.

"Yeah."


"And what's the meaning of the intertwined fingers that I saw earlier? Don't tell me you're just dating and planned to hide it by saying that you just rescued her?" The girl scoffed that makes the red-haired girl pissed.


"Sojung!!! Enough. Tss. I really rescued her."

"I'm just making sure that you're not cheating on Yewon."

"I won't do that."

Yerin is really confused and had no idea of what they're talking about. She's just watching them talking about her. She wanted to ask some questions about what kind of place is this and how did she end up here but no words escape from .

"So why did you asked me to come over here?" The girl asked while still looking at Yerin and staring at her accessories.

"I want you to accompany her. I have a one-on-one lesson with Master Dasuki tonight." The red-haired girl responded.

"What? So you--"

"I'll get going," 

She couldn't do anything when the red-haired girl interrupted her words and started walking outside. She just heaved a sigh everytime the red-haired girl is being herself because she can't resist complaining to her.


Her gaze returned to Yerin and tried to examine her again. 

"What's your name?"


"Jung Yerin."


"Why do you dressed like that?"


"Why? Is there something wrong with my clothes?"

"What I mean is you are in Kingdom Shua and wearing something like that is not appropriate."


"K-Kingdom Shua?"


"Yeah."

 

Yerin's hunch was actually right when she thinks that this place has a resemblance to the kingdom where Hwang Eunbi lived. And she can't deny the fact that she's kinda shocked after knowing that she's not in the real world. 

 

She can't control her emotions when she realized that after seeing the words vanished from the book she's reading that day, she's now here at the place where she could meet Hwang Eunbi. She can't believe that she met the characters in her favorite novel. 

 

"Yah! You seemed surprised."


"Am I really here at Kingdom Shua? Is this for real? Can you pinch my nose? Maybe I'm just dreamin-----"


"Yah! What are you talking about? You're really here at Kingdom Shua. And by the way, my name is Sojung." 


Her eyes widened when she remembered the friend of Hwang Eunbi from the novel who's name is also Sojung. And when she mentioned Yewon earlier, she suddenly remembered that in the novel, Yewon is Eunbi's girlfriend. And that really broke her heart.

'Does it mean that the red-haired girl is Hwang Eunbi?' she can't help but giggle upon thinking that. She finally met her favorite fictional character. The only character that she fell in love with.

But there's something strange about her. She's totally different from the Hwang Eunbi in the novel that she's reading, Eunbi there has a benign personality and really a kind-hearted person. Why does the Eunbi here have a heart that is cold as ice?

 

Yerin still doesn't understand why the heck is this happening and why did she end up here. There were so many questions lingering on her head and wants an answer immediately. She knew that by entering this world, things might change even the plot of the story because of the extra character who meddled.

 

'By staying in this world, I'll experience bloody night based on the story. Waah! But I should remove all of my fears, I have Hwang Eunbi.'

She knew the plot of the story and also the next scenes but she can't stop thinking about the possible outcomes once she let herself interfere.


She came back to her senses when Sojung snapped her fingers in front of her.

"Yah, you seemed preoccupied. What's bothering you?"

She blinked her eyes before responding.

"Uh, nothing. I just remembered something."

"Geez! I can't believe that Eunbi asked me to accompany you, where in the world have you been?"

She averted her gaze from Sojung while biting her lower lip. She shouldn't tell her that she came from the real world and that this place is a world of fiction.

"Still not comfortable with me? Don't worry, I'm not going to bite you or something. I'm not a peevish person and I hope we'll get along well," Sojung beamed which makes Yerin barely smile. It removed the awkwardness that she felt earlier.

"Uh yeah, thanks. By the way, I.....lived somewhere that really far from here. Hehe. And I don't know I just lost my way there that's why I end up here."

"Oh? Is that so? Hmm, you can stay here for a while, I'm sure Eunbi will take care of you."

Upon hearing that, she can't resist smiling knowing that she'll live with Eunbi. But of course, there will come a time that Yewon, Eunbi's girlfriend, might find out. And it bothers her. Even though she knew that Eunbi doesn't have feelings for Yewon in the first place because she just pities her, she's kinda afraid of the next scenes where Eunbi started to develop her feelings for Yewon and their relationship will become real.

 

All of a sudden, Yerin's stomach almost growled.


"Ah hehe. Sorry." She said while smiling awkwardly.


"You haven't eaten anything?"


She nodded which makes Sojung worried.


"Aigoo! I'll cook ramen for you."


"Gomawo."

 

 

***

They're now eating ramen and no one can stop HUNGRY-YERIN when it comes to food. Sojung just chuckled when Yerin seems to like the food she cooked and even demand to have some more.


Sojung didn't feel awkward with her. She feels like Yerin is her long-time friend. Yerin's aura makes her think that she has a bright personality.


"Yah! Aren't you gonna eat? The food that you cooked is really good. I want more!"


"Haha! You already have three cups of it. You still want more?"


"Of course!" Yerin exclaimed while Sojung just laughed.


"Yerin-ah, maybe you came from a lovely place. Your clothes are actually cute!" She said while scooping the food and put it on Yerin's cup. 

Yerin looked at herself and contorts knowing that she's still in her school uniform. And it's nothing compared to the gorgeous dresses that her Mom and Dad bought for her.

 

"Yeah, this is our school uniform."


"School uniform?"

 

Yerin just forced a smile knowing that Sojung will not get it even if she explains it briefly because she will never understand their world and because she's living here in the world of fiction where Kingdom Shua is the only place she knows.

 

"Uh, nothing. Hehe. Our clothes are pretty cute. We often wear this if we want to learn something. "

 

"Maybe you have plenty of cute dresses."


"Yup~!" 


"Ohh. I want to wear it as well. Can you take me to your place?"


"H-huh? Uh of course! Some other time. Hihi!"

 

"Cool! Let's finish this food. Hehe."


After eating, Sojung's mother called and told her that her older sister was attacked by armed men. She quickly fixed her things and before leaving, she apologized to Yerin for not being able to accompany her because her sister's life is on the line.

 

'This scene is on the novel but the scene earlier where me and Sojung while eating ramen is not.'


She can't stop thinking that things are now starting to change. And maybe, she can also change the scene where Eunbi developed her feelings for Yewon. She doesn't want that to happen. She'll do something to stop Eunbi from falling to her. Since she's already here in Kingdom Shua, she'll make Eunbi fall for her. Her one and only love.


She was a bit startled when she heard the door creaked open and she abruptly turned to it. To her surprise, she saw Eunbi, weak and dizzy, close to losing her consciousness, and a pool of blood is flowing from her abdomen.

 

"Oh my god~!" Yerin covered upon seeing Eunbi in that kind of situation.