FOUR. PRESUMPTION

I'll Be Waiting For You

"Oh my god~!" Yerin covered upon seeing Eunbi in that kind of situation. She quickly ran towards her and helped her to walk inside. She let Eunbi sit on the wooden chair and panicked upon seeing the blood on her clothes from Eunbi's wound.

"Yah!!! I know you're just being brave and unflinching because that's your character, but please, just take care of yourself!" Yerin couldn't control her emotions anymore. She's really hurt seeing Eunbi like this.

Meanwhile, Eunbi's eyebrows furrowed upon hearing that.

"What? Character?"

"Uh--I mean...you really have a good character but you don't know how to take care of yourself."

Yerin quickly turned her back at her and barely shook her head due to embarrassment. She turned around and looked for some first aid kit but she couldn't find any.

"Yah Eunbi, where's your first aid kit here? I'll treat your wound."

"First-aid kit? Tss, don't know what you're talking about."

Then again, she almost forgot that she's here at Kingdom Shua where modern things aren't present.

"What do you used when treating your wounds?"

"Nevermind. I can treat it myself."

"Andwae! I'll treat it whether you like it or not! And besides, accept this as my gratitude for saving me earlier from that guy." Yerin nagged her and she even went closer to her. At this point, she really wants to take care of Eunbi. She wants to be the person who's always right beside her and not Yewon.

"Tss. I'm fine. You can go back to your home. I don't need help." Eunbi distanced herself from Yerin.

Despite treating her coldly, Yerin didn't stop nagging Eunbi and it's about time that she must show her how much she loves her since the day that she first read the novel.

"Ah~probably you used herbals. Wait a minute, I'll go and get that," Yerin spoke and stood up. But the moment she stood up, Eunbi holds her hand and looked at her.

Yerin looked back at her but she can't hide the uneasiness she's feeling right now because of the cold gaze of Eunbi. Those eyes could almost freeze her anytime. Those cold eyes that she's not expecting from Hwang Eunbi whom she thought of as a virtuous person. She really wants the Hwang Eunbi from 'Astilbe' and not this Hwang Eunbi in front of her. But what can she do if it already took place? There's nothing she can do right now but to accept the fact that the Hwang Eunbi from the novel that she read before is completely different from the Hwang Eunbi that she just met here in their world.

"Will you stop being like that? Seriously, you're annoying. Go back to your home already. I don't need you and besides, I just saved you from that guy and took you here because they'll punish me if they saw me letting a girl walking alone. That's my task and I'm getting irritated."

Despite her knife-like words, Yerin didn't show how hurt she is. She's not expecting it from Hwang Eunbi and it hurt her feelings. It's like something twinged inside her.

"Aigoo, you're really cold-hearted but it's fine~! Don't worry, I'm here. I'll take care of you. Hehe," Yerin plastered a sweet bright smile but Eunbi just rolled her eyes.

"ANDWAE! I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!"

Yerin holds her both shoulders and stared at her. "Yah, stop being balky, Eunbi. I'm----"

"Don't call me by my name. We're not close. And please, get out of here. I want to be alone."

"So that's it? Eunbi I'm really scared going outside at this late hour. I'm sure armed men were loitering around. Don't you have a conscience? Do you really want me to leave at this late hour knowing that it's very dangerous outside?"

Eunbi looked away. She's really annoyed but she just can't let this girl go outside at this hour. Her conscience will persecute her if something bad happens to her.

"Tss. Fine, you'll stay here tonight. But you'll leave tomorrow morning."

"Right. I'm certain that despite your cold personality, the Hwang Eunbi that I knew is still inside of you. And I'll never forget when you held my hand earlier and told me that I shouldn't be scared."

"What are you talking about? You know me for a long time?"

"Yup! And don't ask such questions, I'll not answer them. Hehe. By the way, I'm Jung Yerin," she still has her sweet bright smile on her face while talking to her and Eunbi leered at her.

"Don't care," she said in a monotonous voice.

"Yah, why are you like that? Stop treating me like you disgust me a lot. You're hurting me~" Yerin even placed her hands in her chest as if she really hurt her feelings that made Eunbi's eyebrows met and just shook her head.

"Silly."

***

"Aish!!! Put it slowly!" Eunbi complained while Yerin putting the herbal on her wound. She was known as a brave and strong girl here at Kingdom Shua because she can fight those armed men that attack every single night and want to conquer this kingdom. But this night is such an unlucky one as she didn't make it and got stabbed by those men. Also, she feels uneasy and awkward because she used to treat her wounds on her own and this is the first time that someone took care of her since her parents died.

Meanwhile, Yerin felt the electricity all over her body when she touched Eunbi's tummy. She felt awkward and it makes her feel like she lost her sanity. Touching Eunbi's tummy is something that could make her face reddened.

"Yah! Don't make a move, I'll try to make it more c----"

"Oh, sh-t! It ing hurts! Just put it already!"

"Okay okay. Just hold on."

Eunbi looked at Yerin's face while she's putting the herbal and treating her wound. She can't deny the fact that Yerin has a pretty face, especially when smiling which shows her eye smile. She noticed how she blushed everytime she touched her tummy and she can't help but think how cute she is.

But still, she's annoyed by how she's being friendly to her, how she talks casually to her, how she act cute in front of her, how she holds her like they were long-time friends. It's just that she hates attachments.

She doesn't wanna involve herself with a completely stranger. She hates it.

"And......done! Hehe! Does it still hurt?" Yerin noticed that Eunbi's eyes were fixated on her so she turned her eyes at her as well.

Eunbi looked away when Yerin turned to her and just pretend that she's looking somewhere.

"A little bit."

This time, Yerin couldn't avert her eyes to her. She can't stop thinking how cool she is, having red hair really suits her.

"Eunbi-ah, can I stay here?"

Eunbi looked at her with a puckered forehead.

"I used to live alone. You can't stay here."

"But I really lost my way to our place. I don't have any place to go. Please?" Yerin pleaded while pouting.

"No."

"Tsk. Cold-hearted." Yerin sulked and just stoop. She's waiting for Eunbi to take back what she said but she didn't hear any words from her.

***

The sun finally appeared and the morning breeze touched Eunbi's face. When she opened her eyes, the sun's rays burst upon her.

She quickly gets up and leaves her room when she smelled something.

It came from the kitchen so she went there. Upon walking, she saw Yerin facing her back who's busy cooking.

And it feels weird that a stranger is cooking for her. Despite making her feel how much she's getting annoyed by her, she's still showing her good heart and is making her soft.

'Should I let this person leave?' Eunbi thinks that she's too good.

"Oh. You're finally awake. Good morning, Eunbi-ah~!" Yerin turned to her but Eunbi didn't even look at her and just sit in front of the dining table instead.

"Why are you cooking there? Did I tell you to do so? Tss."

"Yah, I'm leaving later yet you're still mean and cold to me. I.....I just want to cook your favorite food before leaving." Upon saying that, Eunbi looked at her having a confused look.

"You know my favorite food?"

"Yup! Didn't I told you last night that I know you well?"

Eunbi is still in bewilderment and still processing what Yerin just said.

'How come she knows me if we haven't met before?'

Yerin placed the food on the table and sit in front of her.

"Let's eat~" Yerin exclaimed that made Eunbi came back to her senses.

"You know what? I always admire how brave you are." Yerin said with a wide smile. She can't even look at her while saying that knowing how her cheeks turned red.

"Tsk, you're creepy. How did you know me?" Eunbi asked while eating the food that Yerin cooked.

"Hmm. You'll never understand even if I say so."

"Tss, whatever."

***

"Eunbi-ah, you really serious? You really don't want me to stay here? Psh, how mean," Yerin frowned when Eunbi keeps on telling her that she must go home.

Yerin pleaded but Eunbi didn't give a single word.

"Yah Eunbi-ah~! Please? Let me stay here. Seriously, I really lost my way."

"No. Just look for some other houses there. I don't wanna live with someone."

Yerin can't stop frowning when Eunbi said that and the way how she treats her. It really hurt her feelings.

"Okay, fine. I'll leave. Uhm, thank you for letting me stay here last night and for saving me."

The way Yerin said that really makes Eunbi feel bad for her. She didn't know but the moment Yerin laid her eyes on her, she has this feeling that she must keep her. But she just shrugged it off. She isn't the type of person who's willing to befriend someone.

Yerin looked at her for the last time before turning her back at her. She thought that things will get better by staying here.

'Maybe I won't be able to stay by her side, but I'll stay in this world and make sure that Eunbi falls for me and not for Yewon.'

She walked away from Eunbi's house.

While thinking of the ways on how to get back to Eunbi's house, she was shocked when she saw a man carrying a knife who's walking in her direction and glaring at her.

She's afraid that this man has something to do with the guy who tried to attack her last night so she quickly ran away from him.

She doesn't want to end her life here, knowing that she won't be able to take a single look at Eunbi.

But she suddenly stopped when she bumped into someone and tried to hold her when she was about to fall.