TEN. HIS DUALITY

I'll Be Waiting For You

Jung Yerin's POV

 

"You can stay here for good," said Younghoon who barely smiled at me. He even tapped my right shoulder with his hand that makes me feel that I'm welcome here. 

 

 


"Huh? Isn't it too bothering? I mean, I can feel that I'm just a burden here, I can see it in Yewon's eyes," I injected as  I smiled shyly. Well, yes, I've seen the disgust in her eyes upon seeing me here. 

 

And I'm kinda shy because he's helping me since the day we met, I even felt his care for me. 

 

 

 

"No, you're not a burden. And besides, I'm the one who initiates to keep you here. Don't worry about my little sister, I'll talk to her."

 

 

 

"Will things change even if you talk to her?" I quipped that made him look at me and chuckled. "Of course! Don't think about it, sooner or later, the two of you will become attached."

 

 


I don't think so. She's my rival in Eunbi's heart. And I think she'll do everything to keep Eunbi. Maybe if she knew that Eunbi and I are getting close to each other, she'll start to explode like sodium in water. 

 

 

 

Well, not gonna lie, I want to be in this world. And I'm grateful that Younghoon wants me to stay here. Although I feel like I'm pulling out the roots in their tree making the foundation of their relationship wrecked, I still want to be here. 

 

 

 


"Want to have some coffee?" Younghoon offered that made my eye smile showed up. 

 

 

 


"You'll make coffee for me?" I jested. He even chuckled and showed me his cute smile that made his eyes slanted. I bet if he's living in the real world, all of the girls in Jeongshin University would go crazy over this dude. Good thing I fell head over heels for Eunbi, because his charms are inevitable. 

 


"Yeah, I'll make some. Let's go," he said and put his arm around my neck. He then stopped moving when I glared at him while looking at his arm. 

 

 


"Yah!"

 

 

"Okay okay," he removed his arm and raised it as if he's surrendering. Good boy.

 

 

 

 

***

Third Person's POV


"What? Are you serious, orabeoni?" Yewon reacted after Younghoon confessed that Yerin will stay in their house for good. Knowing Yewon, she doesn't like Yerin since she first ever saw her. 

 

 

Insecurities? Yeah, something like that. She feels like Yerin will take all of her happiness, including Eunbi. 

 

 


"How could you decide without even consulting me?" His words made her infuriated. A look of great bitterness swept across her face and her eyes warped into a miserable black. 

 

 

 


"Hey, calm down. Why don't you like her? Yerin is such a nice person, can't the two of you get along?"

 

 

 

"No! That will never happen! I just don't like her, she's extremely weird. And why do you want her to stay here?" 

 

 


"I...just want to help her, that's it." 

 

 


"Help? So, you're helping now the people here?"

 

 

"Sshh. I have a plan," he smirked and that made Yewon's eyebrows met. She wants to ask about his plan but no words escape from her lips. 

 

 


"Seriously, I really found her strange. Why would she stay here? Does she have no family?"

 


"It's my decision."

 

 


Yewon rolled her eyes, "I don't like her, orabeoni." 

 

 


"Can you please go with the flow?"

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

Younghoon didn't answer, instead, he gave Yewon a smirk on his face, and his eyes are filled with wickedness that made Yewon shut . 

 

 

 

 


Jung Yerin's POV

 

My mind is still thinking about the night when Eunbi pulled me closer and hugged me tightly. I just can't believe that a cold person like her suddenly apologized to me and did that. 

 

 


I told myself that I don't wanna think of her again but why does my heart got swayed with just a simple action of her? Why do I feel those butterflies again? I hate myself for being so soft to her and for being frangible when it comes to her. 

 


AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

 

 

I rolled in my bed as I think those scenarios in my head about me and Eunbi. Damn you Hwang Eunbi for making my heart beats fast. I felt elated upon imagining those things. I'll do everything to become close with her. Even if she keeps on pushing me away, even if she often showed me her cold eyes, I'll never stop chasing her. I'll never stop loving my cool red-haired girl. 

 


Suddenly, I heard a noise that comes from the living room so I immediately tumbled and get up from bed. 

 

 

I saw Sojung and Yewon talking in the living room. Oh, I suddenly remember that this is the next scene. Yewon and Sojung will talk and Sojung will invite Yewon to their house, this is their bonding time. I wonder what will happen if I interfere.

 

 

"Oh? Yerin? You're here?" Sojung exclaimed and beamed upon seeing me here. She even went to me and hugged me. "I thought you were already gone. It's good to see you here." 

 

 

"Younghoon let me stay here," I smiled shyly but when I glanced at Yewon, she's rolling her eyes. 

 

 

"Do you know each other?" Yewon asked, feeling irritated. What's her problem? She was like this since we first met. Fine, if she doesn't like me, I don't like her as well. 

 

 

"Ne, she's my friend!" Sojung responded. There's a hint of great bitterness in Yewon's face but I just ignored it. I just focused my eyes on Sojung. 

 

 

 

"What brings you here?" I asked with a cheerful voice. 

 

 


"I just came to invite Yewon to our house. And since you're here, I want to invite you as well. We'll be having a good time there. So, you want to come?" She's smiling from ear to ear.

 


"Uh, mianhae Sojung. I have lot of things to do here. I won't come, maybe I can make it some other time," Yewon suddenly spoke.

 

 

"Hmm, is that so? Okay then, Yerin come with me. Please?" She pleaded and showed me her beautiful eyes. She's really pretty though. I think everyone would agree with me if I said that she really fits to be a model. Not gonna lie, she has a beauty that can make everyone drool over her, if she's living in the real world, I'm sure a lot of guys will ask her out. 

 

 


"How can I say no to you?"

 

 


"Waaah! Thank you!" 

 

 

 

***

"Wait, what are we doing here?" I stopped for a while when I realized that we're in front of Eunbi's house. "I thought we will go to your house?"

 

 


"It's boring if it's just the two of us, right? So, I come up with an idea that we'll invite Eunbi— Aha! Let's just stay here!" 

 

 

 

"W-what?" I'm stuttering, not because of nervousness but because I'm shy. I feel like I don't have the urge to face her after that night. And the fact that this is not the scene I'm expecting is quite queer. The scenes are gradually changing because of my appearance. 

 

 

"Why? Don't you like the idea? Don't you like to see her?"

 

 

"No, it's not like that. I—" My words are interrupted when the door suddenly swung open and we saw Eunbi. There's a hint of surprise in her face upon seeing us in front of her house. 

 


"What are you two doing here?" She glanced at me but quickly looked away. I felt the awkward atmosphere circulating around. 

 


"Eunbi-yah! Let's have a good time!" Sojung said cheerfully and passed by Eunbi making her way inside the house. Gosh, I suddenly remember Eunha. She's like Sojung who just barge in someone's house especially if she's really close with that someone. I wonder how is she right now. Is she finding me? Hmm.

 

 

"Hi, Eunbi!" I removed the awkward atmosphere as I waved my hand at her. "Let's go," I said playfully and hold her hand. I noticed how her cheeks turned red and she was about to refuse but she can't do anything when I already pulled her inside her house. 

 

 


"This is the second time I saw your hands gripped together," Sojung said facetiously while giving us a sneering look. She sat on the wooden chair and seems like teasing the two of us while looking at our hands.

 

 

Meanwhile, Eunbi and I both looked at each other while I'm still holding her hand. My heart is pounding when Eunbi's lips formed a little curve and I can't help but smile as well.