TWO. RUCKUS

I'll Be Waiting For You

Yerin is gasping while sitting on the bench after running with this mysterious red-haired girl beside her.


After almost one hour of running from the never-ending blue lights, she can now see a clearer view of the place that she thought was a black or blue dimension. They are now at the place where everything seems normal. 

 

People were passing by, carrying something that they used as a tool for hunting animals, some people painstakingly walking like a real majesty and there were lots of guards surrounding those people. Their habile was really different from the way Yerin dressed. The place was like a real kingdom. The breezy air will tell how peaceful this place is and Yerin liking it so much but she didn't know how grim it is when this kingdom is covered by darkness. And Yerin can't help but think that this kingdom kinda resembles the kingdom in her favorite novel. The people, the things, the set-up, it's like Kingdom Shua.

 


She turned to her left side and stared at the red-haired girl. Finally, she was able to see her face clearly. She ineluctably thinks that this girl has a resemblance to Hwang Eunbi because of her red hair. But her cold eyes talk differently. 

 

According to the description of Hwang Eunbi from the story and Yerin's imagination, Eunbi has meek eyes that could melt every people's heart but this girl right beside her has cold eyes that could almost freeze her anytime, staring at those eyes gives Yerin a horrible feeling. 

 


"Staring at me huh? Tss," said the girl while shaking her head.

 


Now that Yerin saw her cold eyes that really different from Hwang Eunbi, she also witnessed how this girl is being rude to her. 

 

'No, this girl is really far from the kind-hearted Hwang Eunbi so there's no point to think that she resembles her,' she said to her mind. And to think that Eunbi has a benign personality than her, she's just really desperate to have Hwang Eunbi in her life.

 

"Would you mind telling me where the hell am I?"   Yerin nagged her but she just looked away, instead of answering Yerin she just stood up.

 

"Let's go, it's getting dark."

 

Yerin also stood up while frowning because she didn't get an answer. 

 

"Yah! What place is this? Where am I? Who are you?"

 


The girl turned to her, looked annoyed but Yerin remained unbothered by those cold and fearsome looks of the girl.

 

"Shut up, will you? You're giving me this vexation," the girl leered at her and continued walking. 

 

Yerin couldn't do anything but wait until she gives answers to her questions. But she won't think that this girl will talk casually and comfortably at her as she already witnessed how cold-hearted she is. And maybe what happened earlier is just a show. She saved Yerin from that guy but Yerin was still baffled.

 

 

The sunset vanishes slowly and after a couple of minutes, they finally arrived at a small area with a shack. 

 


"You lived here?" Yerin examined the small house and went inside. 

 

"Yeah," the girl responded.

 

 

It was all new to Yerin when she saw someone cold-hearted like her living in this kind of house. With her, being a stubborn and a rich brat, she didn't experience living in this small area.

 


"Why? Got a problem? And why do you dress like that? Where have you been? Where do you get that clothes?"

 


Yerin looked at her clothes after noticing that the girl is now asking her questions.

 


"I should be the one who's asking you that, red-haired girl, what place is this? How did I end up here? Like hey, I was just at the school library and reading that nov-------" Yerin couldn't finish her words when the girl went closer to her and inclined her on the wall. She examined every part of Yerin's face. From her bright eyes to her sweet and kissable lips and Yerin was shocked when she did that. Their face is just half an inch away from each other. 

 

 

*DUB DUB DUB DUB DUB DUB*

 

And for the first time since she met this girl, she felt her heart racing by what the girl did. She never thought she'll feel something weird and it kinda bothers her.


"Tsk, weird." The girl averted her gaze and let go of her. She walked away and went inside a small room, probably her room. 

 

Meanwhile, Yerin is still in bewilderment while touching her chest and feel her heartbeat. It was now beating normal. But why does it feel like she's having a Tachycardia when that girl leaned closer to her? It's like that girl really dears to her.

 


She shook her head when she remembered what happened earlier and just looked around the house. Even the set-up of this house has a resemblance to the house of Hwang Eunbi and she's dying to ask the name of that cold-hearted girl. 

 

 

*BOOGSH*

 


She heard a loud sound and probably coming from a bomb so she quickly stoops and lies down. She heard noises outside and she's really scared knowing that she didn't know what kind of place is this and when she remembered the guy earlier who tried to attack her.

 

 


She closed her eyes and keep on covering her ears to not be able to hear the noises coming from the ruckus outside. Her heart is now beating so fast. Even if she covered her ears, the chinks of the swords still lingering on her head. She's quivering, tremulous, and doesn't know what to do.

 


The riot outside scared the hell out of her.  And that made her broke into tears.

 

And she hates this kind of feeling. 

 


Suddenly, someone reached her hands and intertwined them with her. Yerin opened her eyes and there, she saw the red-haired girl beside her.

 

"Don't be scared," she said which makes Yerin believe that everything will be okay. It's just three words from a cold-hearted girl yet have a meaningful impact on Yerin. Their intertwined fingers give her hope. 

 

 

The other hand of the girl reached Yerin's face to wipe her tears flowing. 

 

Yerin's lips formed a small curve even if there are still tears flowing from her face because this girl reminded her of Hwang Eunbi. Her embrace, the way she cares, it's all connected to Eunbi.

 

Yerin inclined her head on her shoulder while waiting for the ruckus to stop. Knowing that she has this red-haired girl beside her, she'll never be scared.

 


Then, all of a sudden, they both looked up when someone opened the door.

 


"YAH!!!"