NINE. I'M SORRY

I'll Be Waiting For You

Days have passed but Eunbi still can't find Yerin. She went to different places in Kingdom Shua but Yerin is nowhere to be found. She searched the whole area but there's no Yerin on it. 

 

She's worried as hell. She felt guilty for what she has done that time. 

 

 


"I shouldn't let her leave. You're so stupid, Eunbi!" She slammed her face and began closing her eyes. She's afraid, she's afraid that she might not see Yerin again. And this is not the time to hide it. Yes, Yerin makes her happy. Yerin brightens her day. Yerin did things that Yewon can't even do to her. And that made her see Yerin as someone special. 

 

 

"Yah, Eunbi." 

 

 

She quickly opened her eyes when she heard a voice and saw Sojung in front of her. 

 

 

"What happened to you?" She asked upon seeing Eunbi in that kind of situation, frustrated and agitated. 

 

 


Eunbi looked away and didn't answer. Her mind is still thinking about her and doesn't have the energy to utter any words. 

 

 


"Where's Yerin? Is she still here?" She took the vacant chair in front of Eunbi and sat on it. 

 

 

When Sojung mentioned Yerin's name, it aroused her attention and looked at her. Sojung noticed the sadness in her eyes. Although she is known for her cold eyes, her closest friend, Sojung, sees it all. Sojung sees her sad eyes, she knew her weakness, she knew if Eunbi doesn't have the strength to hold on, she knew if Eunbi is distressed. And when Eunbi is at her downfall, Sojung is there for her.

 

 

 

"I think I've lost her."

 

 

"Huh? What do you mean?"

 

 

 

"She said something that I didn't like so I sent her away. But when I come out of my house, I saw a pool of blood but I can't see her body. Now tell me, that blood isn't Yerin's, right?"

 

 

 

Sojung covered and looked surprised. "What if there was a dangerous man who attacked her and took her body away?"

 

 

"No, it can't be!"

 

 


"Have you tried looking for her?"

 

 

 

"I've tried many times but I failed. I went to all the places here but I still can't spot her."

 

 

 

"Oh my! What if she finally came home? I mean, what if she decided to come back to their place?"

 

 


Eunbi leaned her back at the wooden chair and heaved a sigh. "Why would she come back? There's no way she'll do that. She said several times that she wants to stay here. She even said that she lost the way to their place."

 

 

 


"So, where is she?"

 

 

'I can't lose her.' 

 


Yerin seemed to be the guiding light of Eunbi. She helped her many times despite the fact that they're both strangers. She didn't even bother talking to her casually. She put her trust to Eunbi.

 

 


In the midst of her thoughts, Sojung interrupted her. "Gosh, I'm so sad about her disappearance. I've talked to her and we had a great time. I like her bright personality, she's very easy to deal with. I wish nothing bad happened to her. I wish she comes back here, I wanna talk to her again. Anyways, how's Yewon?"

 

 


It seemed like there's cold water that abruptly splashed to Eunbi. "Wait, I haven't check their house yet." Eunbi's eyes are now filled with hope.

 

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

 

 


"She's friend with Younghoon. Damn! Why didn't I think of that?"

 

 

 

"How stupid of you," Sojung shook her head as she looked at Eunbi who's now walking quickly out of the house.

 

 

 

 

***

Eunbi is out of breath as she keeps on running. She arrived at Yewon's house catching her breath but it doesn't matter as long as she sees Yerin. 

 


She opened the gate and the garden of their house welcomed her. 

 


She stopped for a while when she saw a girl who's holding a book and she's talking to the flowers. 

 


"Yah! There's this book that I read lately, it's about a girl who's still waiting for the love of her life. Do you want me to share her story with you?" She opened the book and started reading it. 

 


Eunbi's heart began to beat faster and faster as she saw her long shiny black hair that could emanate beauty. Her sweet voice could pass as a piece of music to her ears. She went near her and felt relieved upon seeing her. She knew it's Yerin. 

 


All of the negativities suddenly vanished. She's grateful that she's alive, that she's still here. 

 

 


"Talking to the flowers, huh?"

 

 

Yerin is shocked upon hearing her voice so she quickly stood up and face her. She didn't utter any words, instead, she sat on the wooden bench beside the flowers. Eunbi sat beside her and tried her best to speak up. 

 

 

 

"I thought you were gone. I..... I've searched all the places here but I can't find you."

 

 

 

Yerin still ignored her and just focused her eyes on the plants. What Eunbi did pains her heart and she still has no guts to talk to her. 

 

 

Meanwhile, Eunbi looked at her and wondered why she still didn't talk. 

 

 

'Probably she's mad at me.'

 

 


"Yerin!"

 


They both stood up when a voice shouted Yerin's name and they saw Younghoon walking in their direction. 

 

 


"What are you doing here?" Younghoon asked, his eyes are filled with anger and rage. She holds Yerin's hand and Eunbi looked at their intertwined fingers.

 

 


"Nothing. I just came to visit Yewon," she excused. 

 

 


Younghoon went closer to Eunbi with her clenched fist. He gave her a deadly stare but Eunbi didn't even move. She's standing there as if she was frozen. 

 

 

 

"You still have the guts to show yourself to Yerin after letting her stabbed by some dangerous guy. Shame on you," he gritted his teeth and gave her a piercing look.

 

 


"W-what?" Her body seemed like ain't moving at all. Yerin got stabbed because of her and that made her felt guilty about her actions towards her. 

 

 

 

Suddenly, all of the heaviness in her chest came back. So, that blood was really from Yerin. She must save people from those dangerous men but she wasn't able to save the one who gave her comfort. 

 

 

She faced Yerin and was about to talk to her when suddenly, Younghoon already pulled her and entered the house. 

 

 

Eunbi is left there dumbfounded. She's glad that she's alive but her heart can't stand seeing her with Younghoon. And the fact that she's the reason why Yerin got stabbed, she doesn't know what to do anymore.

 

 


'Wait, she said that Younghoon and Yewon are allies of Helios but why she's still here?'

 

 

 

 

Jung Yerin's POV

 

Younghoon is extremely mad at Eunbi. Like a lot. I don't know if he truly cares for me or that's just a part of his grudge against Eunbi. But somehow, it makes me happy that he shows his kind heart to me. I'm starting to think that he's not that really bad. We just met but his kindness to me is nothing compared to Eunbi who's cold and doesn't care about me. 

 

 


But she's finding me? 

 

 


Aish, okay. I don't want to think that despite her actions towards me, she still has a little bit of care. I don't want to think that she's worried about me. I don't want to think that she wants my presence. Because I don't want to hurt myself again. My heart is already in chaos. 

 

 


I heard a knock on the door and I walked towards it to open it. 

 

 


When I opened the door, I saw Younghoon who's holding a cup. He handed me the cup and said, "Take it, it's a tea that is good for your body. Drink it before going to bed."

 

 

I took it and beamed. "Thanks. Good night," I said but he reached my left cheek and pinched it. 

 

 


"Good night, Yerin!" He smiled at me and already left. He's really sweet. 

 


When I finish drinking the tea, I went to my bed and lie down. Thinking of what happened earlier. 

 

 

 

I saw Eunbi's eyes earlier when she knew that I got stabbed. It was full of guilt. I don't want to be delusional here but I can't stop thinking if she means that. 

 

 

Ugh. I can't sleep at this hour. I can't stop clouding my mind with such thoughts. 

 


I get up from the bed and looked at the table to reach the book I'm reading lately. But I noticed that the book isn't there. 

 

 

Oh gosh, that's Younghoon's book. Where did I put that? Geez...

 

 

Wait... I'm holding that book earlier when I'm talking to the flowers...

 


"Geez! I forgot it on the wooden bench."

 

 

I walked out of the room and went outside of the house. The moonlight is the only one that gives light outside. But when I stepped outside, someone pulled me closer. I thought someone will stab me again but that someone suddenly hugged me tightly.

 

 


And then, I noticed it's Eunbi. 

 

 


"I'm sorry, Yerin." She said while resting her chin on my shoulder and hold me tightly. "I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you."