The Moment I Knew (Sooshu)

Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud party music banging all around the house where a celebration is happening. Happy conversations can be heard as friends chitchats with each other. Some are dancing at the dance floor, giving everything they can. Party drinks and foods are aligned at the huge table in the middle of the room. All of them are celebrating ...... or maybe not all as the celebrant is there at the corner, sadness can be read on her face .... not only sadness but also disapointment, hurt, anger and acceptance. 

 

 

Shuhua sighs for the nth time of the night as memory of another broken promise flooded on her thoughts.. 

 

Flashback

 

"You'll be there right?" Shuhua asked her wife with so much hope in her voice 

 

"O-of course, I wouldn't miss my wife's birthday" Soojin said not looking at Shuhua 

 

"I hope you'll not break your promise again" Shuhua said in a low voice hanging her head low, a gesture that caught her wife's attention. 

 

"Hey Shu, I'll be there. I promise" Soojin said slowly approaching Shuhua and embracing the latter into a loose hug. 

 

'You better be' Shuhua thought sighing deeply as she controls herself from breaking down infront of her wife. 'You're not the same anymore, even your hugs feels different' she continously thought to herself, forcing her mind to just enjoy the hug Soojin is giving her.

 

"I'll better go to work now, don't think too hard Shu, I promise I'll never mess this up. I'll be there" Soojin said while breaking the hug and lifting Shuhua's chin starring straight to the latters eyes. 

 

"Ok" Shuhua said breaking the eye contact, she cannot stand looking at those orbs that are once full of softness while starring at her. 

 

Flashback ends

 

She smile sadly shaking the thoughts that are crawling on her head. She should be happy, it's her birthday. Her friends and family are there to celebrate with her. 'Maybe Soojin is just late' she thought. She will just enjoy the night. 

 

"Hey Shu, happy birthday" A loud voice said making Shuhua turn to that someone, a genuine smile finally sneaking on her lips. 

 

"Yuqiiiiii!" She happily shouts letting her self be engulfed by her best friend's hug. 

 

"I am with the gang, they are just parking their cars" Yuqi said excitedly to Shuhua

 

It's been months since they last saw each other and Shuhua is happy that her friends made time just to celebrate her birthday with her unlike someone she knows. 

 

Minutes later three running ladies made their way to Shuhua and Yuqi. 

 

"Shuhshuuuuuu" Minnie, Miyeon and Soyeon said in chorus as Shuhua welcome them with a hug. 

 

"Waaahhhhhhh unnies thank you for coming, I missed all of you" She said emotionally as her unnie encircle her in a group hug. 

 

They jump there while singing their youngest happy birthday not minding the people looking at them, some are questioning their sanity and some are similing because of their silliness. 

 

"Hahaha wait unnies, stop haha I'm tired" Shuhua said catching her breathe while Miyeon pats Shuhua's head like a puppy

 

"Yahhh unnie! Don't mess my hair" Shuhua said pretending to be annoyed by the oldest gesture

 

"Hahaha you're still beautiful Shushu" Soyeon said while laughing at the two. These two never change. 

 

"Yah Shuhua-ya, where's Soojinie?" Minnie suddenly asked Shuhua causing the latter to sigh deeply.... again

 

"I don't know, maybe still at the office, you know how hard working Jinjin is" Shuhua said trying to sound convincing. She knows her unnies are not buying her lies, they know. Specially, Yuqi. 

 

"Hmmmm..... okay let's go to the candle blowing" Miyeon said trying to break the akward atmosphere. 

 

"Right unnie" Soyeon said holding Shuhua on her arms and dragging the latter to the center stage while Yuqi and Miyeon bring the cake. They start singing Shuhua happy birthday while clapping their hands as Shuhua tries hard not to breakdown in front of everybody. You said you'll be here. You never did. She tries with all her might but she failed. Tears started to stream on her face. Causing everyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter