Attention

We found love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM:

SHINee, Attention

Apink, Lovely day

———————

Seoul. 

Apr, 2020.

She pressed a certain 4-digit code. With a buzz and a click, she lowered the handle and pushed open the door.

She shook off her shoes as she glanced past the wooden floor, the shoe rack, and several framed portraits of his hanging on his white walls.

A book was lying casually on the coffee table, along with a switch, a remote, a pair of glasses and a bottle of air refresher.

Everything in the apartment spoke of him — from the countless drawings and fan-taken photos, the huge grand piano, his scented candles, to his belongings and furnishings that casually lay around the room. It has been a while since he got this apartment, and she thinks he definitely did a good job in setting up furnitures and interior design.

Unlike her busy schedule, he was at home — the TV that’s still on spoke of his presence. He’s been at home resting for a few days, occasionally leaving the house for the recording booth only. The pandemic has disrupted his plans, so now he’s re-organising his schedule. In a way, she was glad, because at least, this period gave her workaholic boyfriend some time to rest properly.

She glanced around the apartment, wondering where the owner went, until she heard a hiss and pit-patter from the bathroom.

She turned back to the living room, removing her coat and leaving her bag on the dining table. Her belongings mixed with his.

She sat for a while, scrolling her phone mindlessly, before taking a glance at the clock.

A blink of thought passed her mind as she placed down her phone, and tiptoed towards the corners between the living room and the corridors.

She scuttled behind the wall with a tint of mischief in her eyes. When she was young, she loved scaring her sister from behind. It has been a while but her boyfriend was funnier when he got scared.

The corners of twitched as she heard a halt from the shower.

A rustle, a drip, followed by a clear of his throat, then, the doorknob turned. She stifled a smile.

She counted three seconds inwardly, then jumped behind the wall with a bright smile on her face.

“Boo!” She shot out of her hiding place, earning a yelp from him.

“OH MY GOSH!”

She bursted out into laughter, until she had a good look of what she was looking at.

A towel was wrapped around his torso (thankfully), but he walked out of the bathroom with a bare and moist chest. His hands were raised in a hurry, barely covering his upper body.

He wasn’t really well known as a body builder, but she would have to admit, that he had good proportions. His skin wasn’t tanned dark but there were still indents and firm curvatures over his pale chest and abdomen. It looks like her boyfriend hadn’t stop working out, even though gyms were closed in the pandemic. Despite the puff in his cheeks, his abs were well maintained. She tried to ignore the urge to touch his body — no let’s not go there, and instead settled for a look of approval. That’s good, she told herself. It’s good that he’s keeping himself healthy and…

“YA! What are you looking at!” He yelped again as he retreated back into the bathroom.

Her cheeks bursted into flames as she muttered an apology and turned away quickly.

She fanned herself to calm her heated cheeks, as she settled to the nearest chair on his dining table instead.

Meanwhile, he rushed from the bathroom into his bedroom, as she heard a distant call. “Don’t look!”

She stifled a roll of her eyes as she shouted back, with her eyes facing the living room, careful not to take any glimpse of the man who rushed behind her.

“I wasn’t looking!” She shouted back, hiding her face in her arms with a curl on her lips hung up high.

It took him a moment to re-appear in a sweatshirt and with long pants, as he ruffled his dampened hair and settled in the seat opposite her.

“I didn’t know my innocent Son Naeun would secretly be a ert.” He raised his brows with a smile of mischief.

“I thought you would have clothes on!” She argued with a puff on her cheeks.

He stood up from the chair and leaned towards her. “If you want to see it, you could’ve just asked.

He whispered lowly in her ears, flickering the hems of his shirt. “I will show you anytime at your request.” He winked.

She smacked him in the arm as she felt her cheek blast into flames again.

“Granted,” he said, pointing to his abs, “if they’re still there, though.” He chuckled as he settled on the sofa instead, while she shot daggers from her eyes, the redden blush still lingering on her cheeks.

—————

She raised her glasses and flipped open her script for ‘dinner mate’, murmuring her lines over and over again, while he laid against the sofa with a book in his hands.

The clock ticked by, and she was done with memorising most of her scenes.

She glanced over to his slanted silhouette.

Long when her boyfriend moved into his first apartment, she was highly skeptical of his sofa choice. Even his mom, auntie Kyungsoon asked why he only bought a sofa that can barely fit two people, when family, friends and… well, Naeun herself, will visit. Glancing through the sly in his look back then, she bet he bought it so she would be forced to cuddle against him.

With the highlighted sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter