Soldier (Pt. 2)

We found love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM:

Apink, Always

SHINee, Don't Let Me Go

——————

Seoul. Apr, 2021.

The door snapped open as she rang the doorbell. 

“Hey. You went out today?” A woman greeted her. 

“Yea, I went to YG to take some photos.” She nodded as she stepped into the house. 

Naeun went straight to the sofa and watched her friend, Stephanie bringing out cups and drinks from her fridge. 

“Well, don’t think too much about it now.” Stephanie took out a few bottles of wine. “We should celebrate for your new beginning.” She winked. 

Naeun stifled a laugh. “Sure. As long as you know what I’ll become when I get drunk.” She gave her a knowing smile. 

………

“I-I’m…s-scared… this is what I wanted and I look forward to it…” Naeun stared dreamily on the sofa, with a glass cup of wine in her hands. “But I’m s-starting to get scared…””

Stephanie raised her eyebrow. I… should’ve prepared myself for her tantrum. She thought to herself. 

“I’m alone… I don’t have my membersssh…the s-staff I used to know… I just have my… my…ss-sister who’s doing golf right now.” 

Stephanie blurted out. “You still have your boyfr-” but she clasped shut. 

It was too late. Naeun heard her words and her lips drooped. “S-See. I don’t even have oppa now. He’s leaving soon…”

She bit her lip and lowered her head.

“I don’t want to… I don’t want to bother him.. last time we had a deep conversation and I know he’s through so much pressure…” 

Stephanie watched as Naeun slurred. She sighed and pried off the wine glass from Naeun’s grip. 

“Naeun, stop drinking now. You’ve had enough.”

“No! Gimme back my glass.” She protested and snatched her glass from Stephanie’s fingers. 

She chugged another sip. “I’m starting my new life but oppa isn’t here for it.”

“Naeun-ah…” Stephanie sighed. She knew how much her best friend had to go through. Sleepless nights, doubtful visits to companies, phone calls with different people… She is proud of her best friend, as she is so strong, to make a bold decision and change her career. Naeun was always her beautiful, resilient friend who takes steps out of her comfort zone. The only thing she worried about was how she always endure things in. Over the years, she got better, but her habit of enduring stress or hardships are still going on. 

Every time Naeun gets drunk, it was the way she can let out her emotions and thoughts, which was why Stephanie loves seeing this side of her (despite her being a mess). 

She stared at Naeun, who mumbled with her eyes closed. She smiled warmly and patted Naeun’s forehead lightly. 

“Naeun-ah, you’re doing a great job already. I’m proud of you, my friend.” She said quietly. 

 

——————

After a day of busy schedules, he sighed and laid on his bed with fatigue. His phone buzzed.

“O….O…O..p..p..a…” Her voice boomed. 

He frowned instinctively. She told him she’ll be hanging out with Stephanie today, but he didn’t know there’ll be alcohol involved. 

“Naeun-ah, where are you right now?” 

“O.p..pa… I…miss… you…” He heard her hoarse voice. 

He stood up right away then grabbed a coat and a mask as he walked towards his door. 

“Are you with Stephanie? I’ll come pick you up.” 

He flinched as he heard quiet sobs from his phone. “Oppa… why are you leaving now… I don’t want you to leave…” He bit his lip and gulped. He knew she has been enduring the news. From the day he told her, she acted like nothing happened, but he knew something was wrong. 

It breaks him to hear her like this, to sob over his departure. He blinked off the rising steam from his eyes.

“N-Naeun-ah.”

Before he could continue, he heard a female voice. “Oh my gosh. Son Naeun, what are you doing…”

He heard ruffles and scuttling before another voice picked up the phone.

“Hello? Taemin-ssi?” 

He blinked in recognition. “Stephanie?”

“Yes its me. I’m sorry, Naeun has gotten really drunk right now. I can take care-”

He broke her off. “No, no. It’s fine. I’ll come pick her up. Can you send me your address?”

She paused, to calm the whining girl on the sofa, then came back to him on the phone. “I’ll send a text to you. Thank you.”

“No worries.”

 

———————

There were the times when Stephanie would be glad for her friend. Before, she doubted Taemin. They were both celebrities and she was worried that being in a relationship with a top celebrity, with so many fans, would hurt her best friend a lot. But watching how he treated her, how he protected her and how he loved her, she knew it was worth it. 

Just like now, watching how he dropped the things he had to come and take care of her. Of course, there were times where he can’t leave work or he had schedules, but whenever he had t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter