Part 2- Sweaping the trash

Crime in Jeonju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The detective gave Choi a list of tasks related to the case and the assistant got shocked when he saw some of the people being investigated. However, Moonbyul made sure he understood none of that could be shared with anyone.

Together, both got concrete evidence that many politicians and several police officers were indeed involved in crimes related to the drug cartel, ion, and human trafficking.

Moonbyul went inside the Chief's office without an invitation and the 62-year-old man looked at the female detective with surprise.

__ Mr Maeng, I know everything.__ The handsome woman declared with a calm voice.

__ Wow! You closed the case?__ The older man smiled in doubt.

Nodding affirmatively, Moonbyul replied:

__ Yes. And no.

__ I'm sorry. I don't understand...

__ Hear me out, Mr. Maeng. Mr.Kan's death has become a difficult case not because your men are incompetent. No....it's quite the opposite, isn't it? Nobody in this town really wants to find the murderer.

The chubby man rehearsed an offended face and exclaimed:

__ Are you insane, Ms. Moon? We are serious people here! My men work hard...

__ I suggest you lower your voice, Chief. You don't want to call attention to your office.__ Moonbyul was checking her nails.

__ Who do you think you are, young lady?__Mr. Maeng was getting red.

Shrugging, the detective responded:

__ I'm just an outsider who kept bumping into dozens of lies.  But this was just a temporary problem, Mr Maeng. I've gotten proof against the mayor, some of his men, and 5 of yours. Is there anything you would like to share with me? Any information?

The Chief of Police widened his eyes, stood up, and shut the drapes.

He sounded tired and scared when he asked:

__ What do you want?

__ The truth. You see, I don't believe you are corrupted or anything. But your name keeps showing up somehow. Would you care to explain why?__ The detective questioned with a concerned expression.

__ The mayor....is a powerful man. He manufactured evidence against me. Things that could damage my image and I have no means to defend myself. However, I can assure you he is not involved in Kan's death.

__ I know. But why did you make the coroner hide information?

__ My friend Kan was involved in many bad things. Even if the mayor didn't kill him, his name could come up due to all the .... they did together. The mayor forced me to do something about it.__ The Chief of police was visibly ashamed.

Moonbyul sighed and asked:

__ What about your men?

__ These are the mayor's spies. I never considered them my men.

__ Mr. Maeng, I'm going to sweep this town and end this chain of corruption. All the evidence has been sent to the Department of Justice and to every department involved with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter