Part 1- A lead

Crime in Jeonju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The detective went back to the mansion and decided to investigate parts of the house the police found irrelevant to the case.

Moonbyul reached results practically nobody in the force back in Seul because of her high IQ and her level of perception that was never dependent on simple logic.

She would always see things 20 steps ahead, just like in a chess game.

After sweeping the widow's bedroom up and down, the brunette did the same in the deceased's private chambers.

It was well known that the couple didn't share the same bed and the man had a place formed by a master bedroom, an office, and a library.

After a careful examination, Moonbyul found a hidden spot in the deceased's desk and she used a pocket knife to open it.

Inside, there were two notebooks and there were hundreds of hand notes with names and phone numbers.

Besides that, there were comments about those people and Moonbyul could easily understand she had a map of illegal actions that happened in the city.

The detective returned to the police station and asked the Chief's assistant to drop by her room as soon as possible.

Extremely anxious, Officer Choi showed up quite fast and offered his services.

Moonbyul closed the door and said while showing him the notebooks:

__  I'm going to show you something but I need that you keep this information to yourself for now.

__ Okay, ma'am...

__ Don't worry. We are not going to make anything illegal. __ The brunette declared when she noticed the guy hesitated.

__ But shouldn't we report everything to the Chief?

Sighing deeply, the woman glanced at the tall male and then, decided she would trust him.

__ Choi, there is something really dirty in this city. I'm not saying that the Chief is part of this. However, he is close to most people around here. So I need to do my job without interference. And I need your help.

__ Alright, ma'am. Let's go.

__ Take a good look at these names and tell me if you recognize any.__ The detective handed him the notebooks.

Choi studied them carefully and after a while, his eyes got wide open.

__ Ma'am.....

__ There are judges, politicians, and other big names in the city...They were all involved with ion and the trafficking of women. There are people here marked with notes related to drugs too, among other things....__ The young officer was shocked.

__ Yes, I saw the notes about crimes. Is there any name that could lead us to the ion place these men meet? 

Officer Choi checked all the notes again and finally found something.

__

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter