Part 1- Dead end

Crime in Jeonju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The police department of Jeonju was extremely frustrated because every member believed Kim Yongsun had killed her husband. However, there was no way to place her inside the house apart from the words of the neighbor who heard the man screaming at a woman.

Nonetheless, the chief of police and his team couldn't give up and end the investigation without an answer. So they were using a bit of their influence to keep the mansion closed while they tried to sweep the area over and over again.

By the end of the month, someone from a high sphere called Mr. Maeng and informed him that an investigator of their trust had been chosen to be in charge of that case and that the whole department should respect and follow her lead.

The older man was not a bit satisfied with the idea of having a stranger in his department with that amount of power. Especially because this detective was a woman.

The following morning, the chief gathered his whole team and told them the news, which caused a lot of protests.

One of them asked:

__ Who is this and who did she to get this opportunity?

__ Boys, you must keep the respect. This is a dire situation. I was angry too but I checked her records. She has an impressive career. Her name is a synonym for solved cases and she went under training in the FBI among other things.__ Mr. Maeng explained.

__ What's her name?__ The chief's second in command questioned.

__ Moon Byul-yi.

Another of Maeng's men widened his eyes and whistled before speaking:

__ I heard about her when I was in Seul. This is the person who proved the mayor had faked his wife's kidnapping. She is very cold and practical.

__ Ah, come on! Women can't find a unless we it inside their mouths.__ A new member of the team joked and they all laughed. Except for the one who was talking before.

Someone coughed to get the group of policemen's attention and when they turned around, a very handsome and sophisticated woman dressed in a grey suit was standing by the door.

__ This area is not allowed to civilians, sweetie.__  The vulgar man who was joking before said.

The dark-brown-haired woman ignored the guy and asked:

__ Could anyone inform me where I can find Mr Maeng?

The Chief of police stood up, fixed his shirt, and declared:

__ I'm here. How ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter