Chapter 5

Road to LOVE

Kumi opened her eyes and she saw the ceiling of the room, she stretched her body and doesn’t want to get up, she nuzzled her face in the pillow and inhaled Taehyung’s scent. “Hmmmm Taehyung~~” she coos. She then sits on the bed and looks around. She saw a dress hanging on the cabinet.

“Hi, good morning.” Jin came.

“Ohayo.” She bowed. She looks at the clock beside her. “Oh no! its 8 in the morning!” she wanted to get off of the bed but Jin entered the room having a tray of food in his hands.

“Ahhmm, I actually called your school and your brother. I informed that you will be going to school late today.” He smiled and placed the tray on the bed. “Please have breakfast.”

She is so speechless about what Jin is doing. “Thank you, let me use the bathroom first.” She gets off of the bed and went straight to Taehyung’s bathroom. 

“I heard that today is your school’s club week and there are no regular classes.” He started the conversation as Kumi went out of the bathroom.

“Hai, and the students are really having fun during this week, club activities are having different programs.” She settled on the bed and started to eat the food. “Oppa, you really cook so well.”

Jin smiled at her. “I always wanted to have a younger sister. I am happy that Taehyung brought you here.”

“Well I am happy to have another older brother.” She smiled her eyes forming crescents.

“After you eat go ahead and take a bath okay, I prepared all the things that you need it’s in that small bag there.” He pointed out the bad on the sofa.

Kumi nods and then she continues eating.

 

**

As she finished taking a bath, she was still shocked to see all the things inside the bag, everything is branded, from the hygiene kit and the under garments! She wonders where did Jin got all of those, all of them are guys in the house. She looks at herself in the mirror inside the bathroom. The dress is wrapping herself perfectly.

“Wow! I knew it, it will look good on you.” JIn cheered as Kumi went out of the bathroom. “Did you dry your hair? Come sit here.” He said as he pointed the chair in front of the desk. “I wanted to try this since then, however I seldom saw my cousins.” He started to brush her hair.

“Oppa?” she calls.

“Hmm I guess you are thinking that I am weird right? Let me tell you I just love doing this stuffs.” He started to fix her hair.

The two of them are having a good talk when the door opens revealing a Taehyung who is looking very handsome in his white tee, black skinny jeans and timberlands. Kumi smiled at him but it looks like he got stunned as he saw the young lady. She really looks beautiful in that pink dress and her hair is styled as Braided Crown updo and her cheeks are slightly pink.

“Wow hyung, you did a masterpiece here.” He said looking at her. “I would love to stay at home but Yoongi hyung is going to kill me. “

Kumi stood up and hugs Jin. “Thank you so much oppa.”

“You are always welcome to our house. Now go to school.”

**

On their way to school Taehyung keeps stealing glances to Kumi. She is actually aware of what Taehyung is doing.

“Tae chan eyes on the road please.” She said not looking at him. But she noticed that the latter stiffened.

“Jin hyung did really brought out the beauty inside you. “he commented.

“He is such a nice oppa.” She smiled remembering how Jin treated her.

As they entered the gate of the school they saw the other students having their club activities. They probably know where Jimin is by now. He is the vice-captain of the Kendo club.

As they get off of the car, the students look at them.

“Taehyung your fans.” She teases.

“Let them be.” He replied as they enter the school lobby. They saw Yoongi getting out of the music room.

“Nii san.” she called.

Yoongi looks at her from head to toe. “Are you okay?” first thing that came out of his mouth.  “Did that hurt you?” he is pertaining to Jackson. “I will break his leg.”

“nii san calm down, I am fine, Taehyung did save me actually. And did you talk to JK?” she asked.

“Yes and I scold him already.” Yoongi sighed.

“Poor kid.” Taehyung whispered.

“And you.” Yoongi looks at Taehyung. “Did you harm my sister? Lucky you your brother called me.”

Taehyung blinks his eyes. “I didn’t harm Kumi chan hyung.” She replied and smiled to him.

“Good or else I’ll kick your . “then he looks at Kumi. “Now look at you.” He smiled softly at her. “You really look beautiful. You look like umma.”

Kumi smiled back at her brother. “Go to your next activity hyung.” She then walks away from Yoongi. Taehyung bowed at Yoongi and followed Kumi. They are heading towards the Kendo dojo where Jimin is.

Kumi is excited to see Jimin. She peaked in the door and saw the kendo members are doing some exercise and Jimin is the one who is leading it. She smiled seeing the latter.

“Jiminnie is really good in this.” she looks at him carefully. Taehyung is feeling a bit not happy by the way she looks at Jimin, he is thinking that maybe she likes Jimin?

JImin on the other hand is really focused in teaching the students about Kendo, however he saw Kumi peaking on the door, he got amazed to see her looks. He didn’t notice that he is looking at her for a long time and his students look at Kumi’s direction.

“Now I know why JImin senpai is like that.” One of the student whispers.

Jimin came back to his short trans and heard that his students are cooing beside him. “yah, stop that!” he said blushing but the students are not listening.

Taehyung and Kumi entered the Dojo.

“Hey.” Jimin greeted them.

“You look so handsome in your uniform.” Kumi compliments and JImin blushed.

Jimin looks at Taehyung who is not happy about what is happening. Jimin wanted to laugh out loud but he can’t, yes he likes Kumi a lot but he knew what Taehyung feels. “Thank you, and look at you.”

“Jin oppa did this.” she said.

“SeokJin hyung?” he asked and Kumi nods. “When?”

“Something happened last night. Trust me you don’t wanna know.” taehyung sighed. Jimin looks at him seriously. “Okay Vice-captain. Jackson had a match last night, JK brought Kumi there and unfortunately that crazy guy snatched Kumi away from JK. I actually saw them inside his car.”

JImin raised his eyebrow. “You are there? How come?”

“Well I just feel like coming up to Hakone and there I saw it.” He excused.

“Are you okay?” Jimin pats her shoulder.

“I am, luckily Tae chan is there. Jk did chased us but Jackson didn’t stop.” She explained. “But let’s not talk about what happened okay.”  Taehyung and Jimin nods at her.

“I’m gonna go back to the class.” Jimin said and left the two of them. “See yah later.” Jimin winks at Taehyung.

“Tae chan, you have art class right?” Kumi asked.

They are walking in the corridors. “I don’t feel like going.” Taehyung chuckled. “Let’s go somewhere else.” He said and hold her hand.

Kumi’s heart is pounding so loud as if Taehyung can hear it. They actually went in the garden of the school where a large tree is located.

“Here, let’s spend time here.” He removed his jacket and laid it down on the grass. They are under the large sakura tree. Its spring and the Sakura leaves are blooming. Kumi sits on the jacket and Taehyung automatically laid down making her thighs as a pillow.  Kumi is really surprised at what Taehyung is acting since yesterday.  She looks at his face; the latter’s eyes are closed. She just finds herself the latter’s hair. While she looks at the sky.  Taehyung feels really comfortable right at that moment.

Around lunch time they decided to go to the cafeteria, they saw Jimin already sitting in their favorite spot. “Go ahead and sit I’ll get our food.” Taehyung said to her. She followed and went towards JImin, who is now changed in casual clothes.  “Minnie chan.”

“Hi, where did you guys go?” he asked while eating his food.

“Garden, Tae didn’t attend his art class, he drags me there.” She explained. “Kendo training is finished?”

Jimin nods. “Yes, those kids are really great when it comes in Kendo.”

“It’s because you are a great vice-captain and leader of Bangtan.” She winks at him.

“Aigoo. You can now say those things huh, come on there are only two main members of Bangtan, well JK should be the third one but he left.” He said sadly.

“I don’t like him being in that group, the leader is mean. And the truth is I am nervous for Taehyung’s match.” She sighed as she prompts her elbow on the table and her chin on top of her palm.

Jimin stops eating. “I know you are worried, Taehyung is a great driver, he just needs to control his emotions sometimes. He needs to stay cool or else everything will be a mess.”

“I know and I am worried about what Jackson will say during the match.” She sighed. “Now where is Tae? He said he will get our food.” She stands up and looks for Taehyung. There are different foods offered in the cafeteria and while looking around he passed by the vendo machines in the corner of the room. In front of her is a girl pinned on the wall in between of the two vendo and now she is facing the back of the person that she is looking for, Taehyung. The girl made eye contact with her, she is actually having a make out session.

“Don’t you know that its rude to stare?” the girl slightly pushed Taehyung away and look at her.

Taehyung who is kind of shocked of what happened look at his back and saw Kumi who doesn’t know what to do.

“I- I’m sorry.” She said in an awkward manner and left the two.

“Kumi..” Taehyung calls.

“Come on Tae, why are you still hanging with her?” the girl said as she plays with Taehyung jacket.

“I told you we are done! Now look what you’ve done.” He said angrily and left the girl.

Jimin knew something is off because he saw Kumi dashing out of the cafeteria. Taehyung is following her.

Taehyung is really irritated about what happened, he was actually getting foods for them when the girl grabbed him and suddenly attacks him. It’s not his intention to kiss the girl or to do something with her. Now he is chasing the Kumi is walks out fast from the cafeteria. When everything is getting better it is also being ruined.

Kumi remembers what Jackson stated. Taehyung will never change. It’s his system, being a playboy is in his blood. “Kumi!” she heard him calling but she pretends that she didn’t hear him.

Kumi actually went towards the school gate. Taehyung got surprised that she was able to get out of the school.

“No students can go out.” Said the guard to him.

“Wait! How did she managed to get out?” he asked.

“She said that she needs to run an errand for Min Sensei.” The guard replied.

Taehyung sighed. Kumi have a spare Id of Yoongi, her brother made it in case he needs something that Kumi can get in behalf of him. Taehyung went back inside the school and saw Jimin.

“Now what’s with the long face? And what did you do to her?” JImin asked while his arms crossed in his chest.

“She saw me making out with someone,” he replied and Jimin shake his head. “Jimin it’s not what you think, I got trapped.”

“It’s not actually her, she is not affected by that on a daily basis.” Jimin is thinking.

Taehyung analyzed what Jimin said, he smiled realizing something. “Yah, Jiminnie ah, do you think he likes me too? Why would she act like that?”

JImin shrugs. “I don’t even know.”

 

Kumi wanted to go to somewhere else. Her foot actually dragged her into a temple near the school. She remembers how her father used to bring her to temples to pray and offer things. She did utter a prayer, a prayer for Taehyung’s safety when the race comes. She also remembers her father and suddenly missed him. She walks around and stumble to the favorite ramen shop where they used to go.  She smiled and decided to dine in.

Classes are not yet over when she went back to their house. She did somethings that she knew she will be happy however her bad feelings didn’t even fade away. She’s in the garage and she looks at the car parked. It’s the Nissan 3507 of her dad, she maintained that car and she did a few test to it. It still has the setup of her father. She actually got a crazy idea, she changed her clothes into shirt and jeans. She takes the car and drive off to the city. She went to one place where she knew that she can let go of this bad feeling.  This is going to be her first time to do it, usually she is always with Yoongi cause the latter doesn’t want her to be alone.

She went to one of the parking areas in the heart of Tokyo where in door drifting are being held. She the car enters the parking lot she saw many cars parked. There are many individual drifters out there and they are racing in this parking lot. She parks her car and gets off from it. She looks around seeing the other drivers with their car hood popped up and she can see the engines that they have.

She knew that there are strong opponents in the area much way to professional and experienced that them. She also knew that there are skillful mechanics around. However, her focus was distracted when someone taps her shoulder. “Hoseok nii?” she is surprised to see her brother’s best friend.

“Kumi chan?” Hoseok is surprised too. “What are you doing here? Are you with Yoongi?’

Kumi smiled and shake her head. “Iie, I came here alone. I just wanted to relieve some stress.”

Hoseok looked at his watch. “You didn’t go to school?” he just gets a smile as a response from her. “So things are actually being good here, just checking out some racers who wanted to join the team.”

“Owhhh so Agust D is expanding.” She nods. “That’s good to hear. Have you seen other racers who can possible join the team?” she looks around them.

“I saw some but I will try to look and check for others.” He smiled. “So… have you decided to race?” Hoseok gave her a bright smile.

“Is there a match for tonight?” she asked with seriousness on her face.

“Oh shoot.” Hoseok exclaimed. “I was just joking, Yoongi is going to kill me if I let you.”

“Come on Hobi nii chan, I am serious about this.” She winks at her.

Hobi thought for a second. “You brought a car right? Don’t tell me.” Kumi nods at him.

“You are getting it right nii san.”

Hoseok smiled. “Allright, stay here.” He said and went to somewhere. Kumi stayed there and check on the other cars. Few minutes later Hobi came back.

“Okay, you are up for a race tonight. But be very careful okay.” He warned. “We don’t like an angry Yoongi.”

Kumi nods at him. “Yes, I understand.” She then went back to the place where her car is parked. The news is being scattered around the place, that tonight a girl will compete, tho there are girls who are drifting it’s just that she is knew in the place. She started the car and went to the starting line. Hobi did tell so many things to her about being careful.

She sighed deeply as she saw the car next to her she remembered JK as the car is M3. M3 is a good car for drifting too however she has her faith that her 3507 will not fail her. “This will be our first one otousan.” She said.

As the girl in front started to count she grips the steering wheel tighter. And then the race started. She stepped on the gas pedal and shifted to second gear. The car accelerated fast and she’s tailing her opponent. Screeching of wheels and the shouts and cheer of the people around them are being heard. They are also filming the match. The driver in front of her tried to block her entrance and she can’t see an opening.  The lap is not that long so they are about to reach the finish line. She doesn’t want to lose especially to an M3. The driver in front of her drifted in the inner corner of the curve so it’s now or never she shifted the car to the left side and will take the outer side of the curve, she pulled the handbrakes and drifted the car, few more inch and she will scratch the wall however she managed to control the car and passed the M3 in success and reached the finish line. As she gets off of the car cheer are being heard.

Hoseok run towards her. “Kumi chan!” because of his happiness he hugs her. “You are so good with this. However, don’t be too risky please.” He said with pleading eyes.

Kumi just smiled at him. She looks at her watch. “Classes ended already.”

“Wanna grab something to eat?” Hoseok asked. “My treat.”

“Can we have okonomiyaki please?” she pleaded.

“Aigoo, how can I resist to that?” Hoseok pats her head. “Follow me okay?”

She gets back to her car and Hoseok did the same.

**

Back at the school. Yoongi sighed as he heard that Kumi went out of the school. He is in the parking lot of the school. He was about to go when he received a video. His eyes widened as he saw the car and the driver, it was the footage of the drifting race. “What the heck?” he then saw Jimin and Taehyung walking towards their car. “Yah! You two.” He called.

“Hyung?” Jimin asked.

“You know this?” Yoongi said and throw his phone at Jimin and luckily the latter catches it.

Jimin wonders and look at the video, Taehyung did check it. Both guys widened their eyes as they saw who the person is.

“Kumiko?” they both said.

“Now do you know this?” Yoongi asked and he two boys shake their head. “Fine I’ll go home.” He left the two boys wondering.

“She competed.” Jimin sighed. “I guess she is upset.”

“And it’s my fault.” Taehyung concluded.

 

Around 7 in the evening Kumiko arrived home. She was greeted by Yoongi who is not so happy. “Nii san.” She smiled at him.

“You competed without even telling me, it’s dangerous.” He started to lecture her.

Kumiko sighed. “I was just upset about something and I had to let go of the bad feeling.”

“You drive angry and you could get into accident.” Yoongi shake his head.

“Please don’t get angry at me. I was able to control it and I did well, are you not proud of me.” She said looking down the floor being upset again. “Hoseok nii chan is there and he is happy for my performance.” She sighed and then walked passed Yoongi but the latter pulled her into a hug.

“You know that I am proud of you, it’s just that I am worried about you. I am your big brother and it’s my job to protect you.”

Kumi returned the hug. “I know nii san.”

“I am happy that you finally took the car. Wanna Join Agust D then?” he looks at her with a smile of his face.  Kumi widened her eyes but she has something in mind. “I know, Bangtan right?” Kumi didn’t reply but Yoongi knew the answer.

**

Days passed by and Kumi is back to herself, she acted normal on the other day after the incident. Taehyung felt awkward because of it however he didn’t look into other girls or play with them. Jimin is feeling awkward between the two but he didn’t say anything. Its only days before the much awaited match. They even went to watch few matches before and now they are currently in the park, their cars are parked in front of them.

“It’s nice seeing those cars. “ Jimin smiled as he takes a photo of the cars. “Your Nissan is really good.”

“I just maintained that, it’s still had otousan’s adjustments and set up.” She smiled remembering the memory of how her father sets up the car. “We should have four cars if JK is just here.”

“I am.”

They all look at their back and saw JK standing.

“Kumi chan. Gomen na.” he said still feeling bad about what happened last time.

“Jungkook ah!” Jimin shouted and happily went to his friend and hugs him. “Finally I see you again.”

“Hyung..” he smiled. “I am sorry for everything, I left GOT7 after what happened. I don’t want to be associated with them again.”

“You are always welcome here Kookie ah.” Jimin ruffles the latter’s head. “Now, there’s four of us.” Jimin is really happy.

“I am happy that you left that group.” Taehyung stated.

“Actually the other members are nice, it’s just that Jackson has his own will.” He sighed.

“Now let’s not talk about that guy.” Kumi said as she jumps back at JK’s back. “Let’s do barbeque later in my house.” The boys nods.

“Ahmm how about lets changed the venue to my house?” Taehyung suggested.

“Yeah! That’s nice, we have more space and you are paying!” Jimin exclaimed.

“Fine.” Taehyung pouts at him.

“I’ll ask Yoongi nii san and Hoseok nii san.” Kumi brought out her phone and send some messages to them.

“I’ll ask Jin hyung to prepare something good for us. I am sure he will love it.” Taehyung smiled at them.

 

******