Chapter 8

Road to LOVE

It’s been weeks that Taehyung is in US. He always calls Kumi however the time zone is messing them up, if its evening in Japan its morning in US. Also Taehyung was put into the therapy place and NamJoon is there taking care of him. He is actually happy that his brother is striving hard however he is also whining about being away from Kumi.

Bangtan and Agust D are going to different prefectures in order to compete. The team is almost combined but still Kumi and Jk choose to carry the name that Taehyung and Jimin established. Still their records are all wins zero loses. Kumi is taking it seriously when it comes to drifting, she even taught Jin how to and later taught her how to cook well.

They are currently in the Kim’s mansion and they are having a family dinner. Jin invited them because he feels lonely when NamJoon and Taehyung is not around.

“Wow the food looks delicious!” Hoseok stated as they saw how the food is placed on the table. “Jin hyung this smells nice.”

“Kumiko helped me to cook that.” Jin smiled as he placed the other foods.

“But there are so many foods, is there going to be a party?” JK asked.

“Hmmm not a party just a simple family gathering. “ Jin replied.

They all settled down and Jin called their father who is in the library.

“Wow, I am happy to see younger people here in our house.” He smiled as he sat in front of them. “I heard that Kumiko helped Jin here.”

Kumi smiled at him.  “Hai otouji. I hope you will like the food.”

“Anything for you Kumiko, and please don’t call me uncle, I know I cannot replace your father but you can start calling me Appa as early as now.” He smiled. Kumiko nods and smile at him. “Now let’s go and eat.”

They are actually enjoying their dinner.

“So how’s you and Taehyung?” their dad asked.

Kumi sighed. “We are okay, it’s just that Taehyung is sulking a bit because we are not really talking and seeing each other because of the conflict in time zone, I am busy working in my baito and he is in therapy. He also said that they visited the university last time. He is getting impatient tho.” She gave them a weak smile.

“Aigoo, Taehyung is really like that. I am sorry.” Their dad gave them an apologetic smile. “I am sure he really misses you.”

“I miss him a lot too. “she said then went back to eating.

“And that is why.” Jin brought out an envelope and handed it to Kumi and JK.

The two wonders about what is it. They opened the envelope and was able to see a passport. Kumi and JK looked at each other.

“Passport?” Kumi asked.

“You, young lady is going to US.” Yoongi smiled at her.

She is so surprised and looks at Taehyung’s father. “Appa?” she called.

“I am sending you to collage along with JungKook.”

“WHOA!” Jungkook exclaimed. “I am included?”

Jin laughed at JK. “Of course! Bangtan is not complete without you.”

“Nii chan.” Kumi looked at Yoongi.

“I can’t say no, they can send you to better college and you know that’s what I want. Don’t worry about me being alone here, I can manage.”

Kumiko hugs her brother. “Nii san, thank you!” she kissed his cheeks and then she stands up and went to their father. “Appa?” she shyly called.

“Awww I finally got a daughter.” The old Kim stood up and hugs the latter. “In two days you will leave Korea, please do not tell this to Taehyung. Jimin and Namjoon already knows about this. Everything is set, you just need to pass the exam in the university which I know you two can do it.”

“I’ll accompany you there, you will live in the hotel first because Taehyung and Jimin are living in our house there. Taehyung will be so happy about this.”

The preparations are already set; the cars are being transported from Japan to US. For the past weeks the family did fixed everything, Jin already talked to JK’s family about them sending the kid to college. Taehyung is actually being busy for the past days.

“Hyung why do I need to read these things?” Taehyung asked as he closed the book that RM wanted him to read.

“Hey, that’s addition to your knowledge.” RM pushed back the book to him. “I am sure that Jimin is going to be a good businessman. “

Jimin is serious in learning the things that he needs to know, they are actually opposite. Taehyung is a well-loved kid and his parents are not that strict but for Jimin its different. His brothers are all hands on when it comes to the business he is pressured because of it.

“I want to see Kumi.” Taehyung whines.

“Hey, you are sulking over her the last time that you guys talked.” Jimin break his silence.

“I just miss her; she is busy for the past few days.” He said and pout.

“You too, you are busy. With your therapy and studying.” Jimin reiterated. “You are actually giving her a hard time.”

Taehyung sighed and brushed his hand to his hair. “I just wish that she is here with us. It’s been a month already.”

 

Kumi, JK and Jin finally landed in the airport. The two kids are really excited.

“Are we gonna see Taehyung now?” Kumi asked clinging into Jin’s shoulders.

“Not yet sweetheart, we need to fix more things first, need to study for the entrance exam and I will teach you about it.” Jin said as they are ushered to the car waiting for them. “We need to stay in the hotel for weeks.”

“Hyung, what if Taehyung calls? Or asked for a face time with Kumi? What are we going to tell him?”

“Kumi can answer the call but she can’t face time him.” Jin gave them a faint smile. “Pretend that you are the one sulking now.” Jin winks at her.

Actually for the following weeks, JK and Kumi are really studying hard for the entrance exam. Kumi is very serious about this. She wanted to pass the exam so she can study better for her and for Yoongi. Good thing these kids know how to speak English. She seldom talks to Taehyung and the latter is really freaking out about it.

“JIMIN AH!” Taehyung called and flopped beside Jimin in the sofa.

“What?” Jimin shoots him a glare. “You know what you are so loud for the past few days.”

“Jimin ah.” Taehyung hold on to his shoulders. “Kumi is not talking to me, she said she is busy. She said she is studying, but she already took college exams right?”

Jimin is really irritated for Taeuhyung’s whining for the past few days. He is freaking out because Kumi is not talking to him just like the usual.

“What if she found another guy?” Taehyung pouted like a baby.

“Yah!” JImin stood up and shouted at him. “Can you please calm down? Do you really think that Kumi will do that?”

Taehyung was silenced by JImin. He looks like a lost child sitting on the sofa. “Taehyung, you need to control your here.” Jimin placed a hand on his shoulder. “You need to give her time. Get some rest.” Jimin then left Taehyung.

A tear then escaped from Taehyung’s eyes as he looks at his wallpaper which is their photo together. “I just missed you.”

In the kitchen, Jimin is actually looking into Taehyung. “Hello.” He called Kumi.

On the other line Kumiko and JK are still studying. “Jimin, why are you whispering?”

“I am in the kitchen and Taehyung is in the living room, I am looking at him now, he is crying by the way. He said that you don’t want to talk to him. “

“It’s not that I don’t want to talk to him, the exam is tomorrow and we need to pass it. JK and I are having our last review with Jin oppa, for weeks I’ve been studying, I was not able to enjoy.” JImin can sense her frustration.

“I know, But I know you can pass this. You are a smart girl. But please can you call him or just face time him for a few minutes?” he pleaded looking back at Taehyung and the guy actually disappeared from his sight. “He’s gone.” He said. Then he heard a car from the outside. “Oh .” he run towards the front door and saw Taehyung’s S15 coming out of the gate.

“I heard a car.” Namjoon came all of a sudden. “NO way!” he said running outside the door.

“Jimin? Jiminnie?” Kumi calls.

“Kumi I need to hung up now, Taehyung went out with his car.” He dropped the call and was about to go to his car to follow Taehyung.

“What the heck? Taehyung can drive now? How come no one told me about it?” Kumi is looking at Jin. “Oppa?”

“I am sorry!” Jin said apologetically. “He can drive but he is not drifting, his recovery is fast and the doctors approved that he can drive now. “

“Okay fine.” She said putting the pencil down and going into her room.

“Hyung..” JK called. “Give her a rest. Exam is tomorrow, she can manage.” He pats Jin’s shoulder. “Can I have a favor hyung?”

“What is it?”

“Can you cook something for me?” JK gave him a cute smile.

“Aigoo this kid. Okay, take some rest too.” JIn said as he went to the kitchen to prepare something for the kids.

 

Inside the room. Kumi dialed Taehyung’s number, she is getting worried. After 5 to 6 rings finally Taehyung answered.

Taehyung literally parked the car beside the road as he saw Kumi’s name pop’s up from his screen. “Hello..” he answered.

“Taehyung baby.” She calls. “Go home please, you are making me worried.”  She heard that Taehyung sighed on the line. “Don’t sulk at me.”

“I just missed you.” His voice cracked because he is about to cry.

“I miss you too. Please go home, once you get home we will face time okay.”

Taehyung hurriedly went back home, he arrived before Jimin gets out of the gate. He didn’t care to park his car in a nice way he went straight to his room with a happy face.

Namjoon and Jimin just sighed at Taehyung’s behavior.

“That kid.” Namjoon pinch the bridge of his nose.

“He’s in love hyung what can you say.” Jimin laughed. “care to have a drink?”

Namjoon nods at him and they went to the kitchen.

Inside Taehyung’s room, he changed his clothes and flopped himself on the bed. He dialed Kumi’s number and then the latter accepted the video call. Taehyung smiled widely, for the first time in a month she saw her face again.

Kumi is there smiling at Taehyung, she’s on her bed too. “Hi handsome. Woah stop, why are you crying?” she said as she saw the latter wipes his tears.

“It’s been a month that I didn’t saw you. I just wanted to hug you so tight.” He said as he placed his phone on the bed and laid sideways.

“Me to Taehyung, we will see each other very soon.” She assured. “Are you eating well?”

“Yes I am.” He nods. “The therapy is also doing well that is why I was able to drive again. How’s Bangtan?”

Kumi showed her a boxed smile, Tae giggles about it. “Hmmm the team is great JK and I are not doing races for a quite some time, we are both busy when it comes to part time job.”

“Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating well?” he asked kinda worried.

“Yes I am. I am happy that we can talk freely like this again.” She said. “I miss you Taehyung.”

“Awww I miss you too, I am actually familiar in the place that I have I guess I can ask Appa to go back to Korea so I can see you.” He said enthusiastically.

“NO!” Kumi suddenly replied.

Taehyung wonders about it. “Why is there something wrong when I get back there?”

“No, I mean you will just waste time right? And beside you can’t skip therapy.” Their plan cannot be busted now. She noticed that Taehyung became serious. “Baby.”

“Kumiko please tell me.” He paused. “Are you seeing other guy now?”

“What?” Kumi widened her eyes, “Taehyung it’s not what you think.” Now the latter is thinking things that he shouldn’t be thinking. “There is no other guy.”

“But you sounded like you don’t even wanna see or be with me.” He wanted to get angry but he knew that he should control his temper. “Let’s just call it a day I guess.” He said losing interest.

“Taehyung.” before she can speak the line got cut. She sighed deeply. “Now what.” she placed her phone under the pillow.

“Hmmm?” JK came with a bow of rice on his hand. “Jin hyung said you should eat.” He handed the bowl to him. “What’s with that face?”

“Taehyung thought I’m seeing other guys.” She face palms herself.

“Hey, don’t be distracted. Once this is done, we will be free.” JK winks at her. “Don’t worry about Taehyung, Jimin is there he can manage.”

 

After eating Kumi prepared her things for their entrance exam tomorrow and then she went to bed. Back at the Kim mansion, Taehyung came down from his room and he saw Jimin and Namjoon drinking. He also grabs a bottle of beer and sat beside them.

“Let me guess, something happened right?” Namjoon asked the younger Kim.

Taehyung hums in response.

“Now what happened this time?” Jimin’s turn to ask.

“I told Kumi that since I am familiar in the places here and I am better now, I wanted to go back to Japan and see her, I thought she will be happy but what happened is she rejected me. She said that I am just wasting my time if I go there.” He really sounds disappointed. “She really doesn’t want to see me, she didn’t even notice that I know she is not in their house, the place is like a hotel.”

Namjoon and Jimin looked at each other, if Taehyung only knew what’s ahead of him.

“Tae, it’s not right to jump into conclusions.” Jimin stated.

“I know, I just stated the facts that I observed.”

“Hey little brother.” Namjoon placed his arm over the younger’s shoulders. “Kumi is not seeing other guys, don’t think about that. I know you know her.”

 

Morning comes, Kumi and JK is already in the university. Both are nervous but they keep their cool. People are looking at them, since they are Asians but then again the univ is open for all. They actually went to the designated room where they will take the entrance exam. This is the moment of truth, if they passed they are accepted but if not they are going back to Japan and study. They worked hard for this and they don’t want to fail their family and friends.

Not long enough the exam already started, Kumi is focused and she is just thinking about the exam. She doesn’t want to be distracted about so many things. They have 2 hours to take the exam since its difficult, she just thought that Jimin and Taehyung passed it so they can do it too. It’s not that easy however Jin taught them well and she knew that they will bring home the bacon after this.

One the exam is done, they decided to look around the university.

“This is a prestigious university.” JK commented as he looks around.

“Yeah, and I know the fee here is really expensive.” She added. “How’s your exam?”

“I am confident about the answers that I put in the exams.” He smiled. “How about you?”

“I have faith that we will pass, after this I can see Taehyung now.”

They actually need to wait for few weeks before the exam results will come out. Until that they are still staying in the hotel, Jin and Namjoon are already preparing their rooms in the house. However, until the result is out she is not allowed to see Taehyung. Since the night that Tae cut their face time, the latter is not calling her, she didn’t call him too. However, Jimin and the others assured her that the younger Kim is fine, they just ask her to give him some time so he can think about something. The days passed by and it turns into weeks.