Chapter 6

Road to LOVE

 

They decided to go to the Kim’s mansion. Once they arrived Jin is really happy to see all of them even its his first time seeing Yoongi and Hoseok. RM also went home early.

The barbeque is set up near the pool area of the house. The cars are parked in their huge garage. Jin is happily cooking the bbq for them.

“I never thought that you are this rich.” Hoseok said to Taehyung.

“Hmmmm I actually don’t care about the money that we have. I am just lucky I guess.” Tae replied as he started to eat the bbq.

“Us. We need to work our assess in order to get the things that we need.” Said Hoseok but still he smiled.

“Maintaining these cars are not a joke, now I have two cars to maintain.” Yoongi sighed as he drinks his beer.

“Don’t worry nii san.” Kumi came and hugs her brother from behind. “Next month, I am no longer a high school student. I will get a job.”

Yoongi scrunch his nose. “No, you will study college first.” He said sternly.

Kumi pouted at her. “But we need money.”

“Your education is much more important okay.” he pinches her cheeks.

They are about to graduate and she is not sure what course will she take up. She just gives her brother a smile and then she went near the pool and dipped her feet. She went away from the boys. She is actually looking into the cars in the garage. She is thinking that after graduation she may not see Jimin and Taehyung anymore. Not seeing the two of them, especially Taehyung is not a happy outcome. It’s been years that she’s in love with that guy and she can’t even say it.

Taehyung noticed that Kumi is sitting there alone.

“Hey..” Yoongi said. “Let me ask you something, are you eying my sister?” he asked.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” RM chuckled. “The little TaeTae looks startled.” He teases and saw that Taehyung is blushing.

“Joonie, don’t be like that Tae bear.” Jin pats Taehyung’s shoulders. “We know it Taehyung.”

“Whoa, looks like there will be a couple?” JK added.

“I saw you. I know what you do, I’ll be straightforward, I even told Kumi that I like Jimin better than you.” No one can really stop the tackles Yoongi. All of them are surprised about what he said. Jimin looked at him with a smile on his face however he looks down remembering the agreement with Taehyung.

“Owhh no. Don’t tell me Jiminnie also likes Kumi?” Hoseok asked.

“But the biggest question? Does Kumi likes any of them?” JK said. “I’m sure that Kumi likes both of them in a friendly way. But in a romantic way? Tae, you seriously like her?”

Tae sighed and gulp his drink. “I like her. Jimin also likes her and we are not even sure about her feelings. I have a serious intention about her.”

“Wow so brave. So Jimin?” Yoongi asked.

“As much as I want to pursue her, I chose friendship. I know Taehyung since we are kids and I am sure that he will not hurt her.” Jimin smiled at them.

“Wow, this is really something.” RM stated as he eats his food.

“Then go get your girl and confess.” Yoongi nods at Taehyung. “Just don’t hurt her or I’ll break your neck.”

Taehyung gave them his happy smile and he went towards Kumi.

“First time that I saw him happy like that.” Jin smiled seeing his younger brother happy. “Yes we all know that he played but I guess this is the change.”

“It’s time for him to be serious now, he’s turning college tho, and he needs to learn how to check priorities.” RM nods, thinking about the things that they can do once he finished college.

 

“Kumi chan.” Taehyung calls and sat beside her.

“Tae chan..” she replied and smiled. A brief silence engulfs them.  “The match is in a few days.”

“I know. Are you still nervous about it?” he asked scooting closer beside her. Kumi nods at her.

“I guess it won’t be remove; this feeling.” She said not looking at her.

“Nothing bad will happen. Hmmm maybe you want to walk around?” he asked wanted to walk in the garden with him.

“Yeah sure no problem.” She stood up and put her slippers on.

Taehyung looks at his hyungs and they just nod at him. They both went to the garden in the house. Kumi is having fun looking at the beautiful flowers.

“Here…” Taehyung placed a Flower in her ear.  “You look pretty.”

She playfully smacks Taehyung’s shoulders. “Such a joker.”

“I am not.” He smiled and then he laced his hand to hers.

Kumi is feeling awkward about it, now Tae is acting all sweet towards her again.  “Why are you doing this?” she asked in her mind.

“Kumi..” he called seriously. “I know I’ve been a for the past few years, I know I played so many time and I am sorry for that. I am not really honest when it comes to my feelings, I’ve been rude to you teases you for the past years, however I wanted to say sorry and I wanted to tell you something.”

Kumi is so surprised by what Taehyung is saying. “Taehyung what are you saying?”

Taehyung smiled at her. “What I am saying is I am in love with you for the past years. Ironic right because of the things that I did, but this is what I am feeling.” He finally said it.

Kumi was shocked to hear it. “Taehyung you are joking me right?” she said as she lets out a laugh and distanced herself from him.

“Kumi ah.” Taehyung hold on to her hand. “This is not a joke. Kumiko suki desu yo.” He holds on to her cheeks and kiss her.

Kumiko blinks her eyes; she doesn’t even know what is happening. Taehyung is kissing her. It was a smack at first but then the latter holds on to her waist and he started to move his lips. This is not Kumi’s first kiss, we all know that Jimin stole it the last time, but feeling Taehyung kissing her is really different. She doesn’t even know how to kiss. She was carried away by the feelings that she kept from him, she managed to hold on to his shoulders and followed what the latter is doing. She kissed back.

Taehyung didn’t even know what’s gotten into him and he suddenly kiss her, he was about to retrieve from the kiss when he felt that she holds on to him and started to kiss back too. He is in euphoria; he doesn’t want to let go but he needs some fresh air.

When the kiss ended Kumi is looking down but Taehyung can see her flushed cheeks. Kumiko doesn’t know what to do, she kissed him back. She is worried about everything; his brother might get angry at her.

“Kumi..” Taehyung called and lift her face. “I am serious; I like you since before. It’s not just simple like, I love you.” Taehyung is getting worried because Kumi is not responding to her. “So I guess, you have someone in your heart.” he said and gave her an awkward smile. “Its fine, I just need to say this before I get crazy.” He though that she likes Jimin. “Let’s go back there.” He said and turn his back from her but Kumi quickly hold on to his arms.

Kimi no koto ga suki da.” she whispered shyly.

Taehyung’s heart wanted to jump out of his chest, he faced her again. “What did you say?”

“I said…” she looks at him. “I love you too.” she turns red.

Taehyung shows her his boxed smile and he pulls her into a hug. “Finally Kumi chan..”

Kumi returns the hug and rested her head to his chest. Neither they know that they hyungs are actually peaking at them.

“Seem like our family is going to be one now.” Jin said to Yoongi.

“He better not hurt my sister.” Said Yoongi but he smiled.

JK noticed Jimin looking at the two. “Hyung..”

“Gwenchana Kookie ah.” Jimin nods at him. “They are feeling the same thing for each other, I should have seen it before.”

JK placed his arms over Jimin’s shoulder. “You can do this hyung.”

“Why don’t we send her to college too?” Namjoon asked.

“I like that idea.” Jin agreed and looks at Yoongi. “I am sure they don’t want to be separated, we can send her to school.”

“You will do that?” Yoongi asked in surprised.

“Yeah, I am sure appa will like the idea too. However, Taehyung is going to study overseas.” Namjoon explained.

“As much as I want to say no, but if this is for her future I will agree to this.” Yoongi smiled while looking at her sister.

**

The day of the race finally came. Kumi faced her greatest fear in climbing up Akina mountain using her father’s car. She is really nervous at first but Jin is there beside her to calm her down. The Kim brothers actually decided to watch the match of their younger brother. Bangtan and Agust D went to the place together. Jimin is leading then followed by Taehyung and JK is on the last. Many people are there to watch the most awaited match.

When they arrived on the top of the mountain, they saw GOT7 is already there. Agust D will stay downhill to wait for the winner while Bangtan is up there. JK saw his former team mates, he is still good with them, it’s just that he doesn’t want to talk to Jackson.  Jimin is wearing a very serious face and he doesn’t want to be intimidated to their opponent. On the other hand, Taehyung is boiling in anger, he gets angry right away as he saw Jackson on the other side of the road.

“Keep your cool.” Said Jimin.

“I hate that guy.” Taehyung replied.

They are doing the last check for his car, Kumi is actually working on it. “Everything is set, the data is matching and please take care.” She said to Taehyung.

Tae smiled at her and laced their hand together. “The car is functioning well because of you, and I am inspired because of you, what more can I ask for.” He kissed her forehead. They can hear some whispers around them because they all know that Taehyung is not sticking in one girl but then again they don’t care about what others will think about them.

“This is on live tho.” JK said as he opens his phone.

“Kook..”

All of them looked at the person who calls. “Jae hyung.” JK replied. “Time to toss the coin?” Jaebum nods at him.  Jungkook then tossed a coin, they picked heads and it the one that came up, so Bangtan is going to tail in the match.

“I’ll do it.” Jimin said.

“I’ll go.” Kumi added.

“Kumi, its fine. Nothing to worry about.” Taehyung tried to calm her down.

“I just wanted to be sure and besides Jimin is going to drive, I’ll just watch.” She really wanted to make sure that everything is going to be fine.

“Okay, if that’s what the princess wants.” He pinches her nose. And was about to go to his car.

“Finally got her as your toy?” Jackson stated as he leans in his car.

Taehyung’s mood changed, he is getting annoyed. “I don’t have time for this .” He replied.

“Owhhh getting angry huh. So how is she in bed?” Jackson keeps pushing it.

“I told you cut it out.” He was about to grab his collar but Kumi stopped her.

“Taehyung, no. he is distracting you. Don’t listen to him.” She holds on to his face. “Concentrate okay.”

“Owhhh lovey dovey. You know what Kumi, you don’t belong in Bangtan. I assure you, you will enjoy my company better than him.” Jackson added with a wink.

Kumi sighed and looks at him. “You know what, you pathetic freak, if you can’t shut your mouth, I’m gonna shut it for you.  Bangtan is much way better than your team. Remember the person who beats you? Look at that direction” Kumi pointed Jimin who is leaning against his car. “You know what your team members should have just join Agust D instead, they probably have future.” Then she raised her eyebrows at him.

Taehyung and the rest of the boys are shocked about what she did. The cute Kumi can also hurt someone using her words. And she exposed the secret, the boys look at Jimin who has this serious expression on his face.

“I’m so loving you.” Taehyung smiled and kissed her lips. “I’ll be back later okay.” He then enters his car.

Jimin and Kumi did the same. Kumiko fastened her seatbelt.

“You okay?” Jimin asked.

“I am Minnie ah.” She smiled. “I hope this will end well.”

The countdown ended and the racers speeds off. Jimin started to tail the two racers, on the first curve Jackson is leading. Taehyung is still irritated at him but he is keeping his calm. He is determined to win the race so the latter can stop bragging himself.

The cheering is still heard out of the car and the screeching of the tires are heard. Kumi is happy to see how Taehyung is such a pro in driving.

“Taehyung improved a lot.” She said smiling while looking on the road.

“He is inspired, what more can he ask for.” Jimin replied. “I am happy to see that the he is doing good.”

Kumi sighed. “After a month we are going to college. I still don’t know where should I study. “

“You got accepted to all the universities that you took an exam right.”

“Yes, how about you?”

“Tae and I will study overseas, you know business.” Jimin spilled the bean. He noticed that Kumi didn’t respond. “Oh , you didn’t know it?”

“I- I don’t know; he didn’t tell me something about that.” She got distracted.

“I’m so sorry.” He said.

“It’s fine.” she replied with a smile but Jimin knows she is surprised.

Their attention went back to the race and few curves had passed, Taehyung is still trailing Jackson. He is actually having a hard time to pass the guy.

“What the heck!” Taehyung exclaimed, he needs to think a strategy The race is almost ending there only few curved left, he needs to surpass him, he thought of something, there is a straight way ahead, he will use the speed of S15 and he will take the next curve, the thing is he needs to surpass him on the freeway.

“It’s the freeway.” Jimin whispered. “You got this Taehyung.”

“You think you can surpass me huh, you still have a long way to go Taehyung.” Jackson smirked as they approached the freeway.

Taehyung is approaching past in the freeway.

“Don’t tell me, he will try to surpass him in this and take the curve in a high speed.” Kumi adjusted her seat. “He can’t do that, the car might jump and fall of the curve.” She looks at Jimin worried.

“The heck Tae.” Jimin shook his head.

S15 is fast in the freeway and seems like his plan is working few more seconds they are approaching the last curve.

“Take this you Jackass.” Taehyung stepped on the gas pedal, he is approaching fast. He then changed gear and pulls up the handbrakes and turn the car to the left.

“Not so fast!” Jackson speeds up his pace and the car accelerated however it bumps into Taehyung’s car bumper.

“NO!” Kumi exclaimed.

“Oh !” Taehyung tried to control the car but he is too fast. He hit the brakes but it didn’t work due to too much speed. The car turns around and worst case happened the car flips around. It flopped in front of August D.

“What the !” Yoongi exclaimed as he run towards the car along with Hoseok and NamJoon.

Jackson reached the finish line and he gets out of the car.

“Jackson! What did you do?!” Hoseok exclaimed.

Namjoon did dial the emergency number.

Jimin and Kumi gets off of the car they hurriedly run towards the S15.

“Taehyung! Taehyung!” Kumi shouted as she knelt down in front of the car and saw Taehyung with pained face, blood coming out of his forehead, his arms are pinned by the steering wheel. “Taehyung! Baby please look at me!”

Taehyung doesn’t even know what is happening, his head hurts and he can’t feel his body. But he can hear Kumi shouting his name. he looks at the window and saw her. “Ku- kumi.”

“Tae baby just hang in there okay.” She said crying.

“Kumi calm down.” Jimin is also worried about Taehyung but he needs to calm down now.

Kumi stood up and looks for someone, she spotted Jackson who is with his team mates with a shock expression on his face. She run towards him. “You freak!” she shouted as she slapped him so hard.

“Calm down Kumi.” Yoongi assisted her. “The ambulance is on its way.”

“Nii san this can’t be. I can’t lose Taehyung.” She cried and hug her brother. Then they already heard the sirens, not too long the medic team pulled Taehyung out of the car and placed him on the stretcher. Namjoon accompany him inside the ambulance while Jin took Kumi’s car, and Kumi rides with Yoongi because she is not stable.

When they reached the hospital Kumiko is in shock. They cannot talk to her. Yoongi is also getting worried. Kumiko is crying and they can’t even stop her. Jin gave her a brotherly hug and she was able to calm down a bit. Due to excessive crying she dozed off in Jin’s arms.

Right now Taehyung is in a critical condition. He had a broken arm and a broken leg, they did an MRI test to him to check if he got a damage in his brain.

When the morning comes Taehyung was admitted into his private suite in the hospital. Kumi then find herself settled in a comfortable sofa inside the room. As she opens her eyes she was greeted by the smell of the hospital. She looks around and saw no one except the sleeping Taehyung. Her heart was broken as she saw him unconscious and his leg and arm is on cast. There is also a bandage in his head.

“Taehyung.” She wanted to hold him but she is so afraid to touch him. She just sat there on the chair looking at his beautiful face.

The door opens revealing Jin who has paper bag in his hands. “Good morning.” He greeted.

“Oppa.”

“Did you sleep well?” he asked placing the paper bag on the table. He gets a nod from Kumi. “You need to eat okay, I am not taking a no for an answer.” Kumi then went beside Jin. “I was not able to cook for you but I think this will do?”

“I don’t have time to complain oppa, how is he?” she is looking at Taehyung.

“Broken arm, broken leg. There is no brain damage however he is in coma, the doctors said that they are not sure when is he going to wake up. He actually needs therapy once his wounds are healed. I am hoping that he can walk like he used to. “ Jin’s voice is cracking, Kumi knows that Jin is trying to be brave and he doesn’t want to show her that she is also broken.

“He can make it. I know he will.” She whispered and hugs him.

“Ahmm do you wanna go home and get some rest?”

Kumi shake his head. “I am fine, I just want to be close to him, I am quite relieved that he didn’t totally left me. Everything is going fine not until Jackson. OH! What happened to him?” she asked.

“Namjoon handles it, I am not sure what is he doing but he said that he will take care of it. “he pulled out the chair for her and they both eat.

**

After three days Kumi went back to school, the whole school knows what happened to Taehyung the day of the match but no one dares to ask her about it. She is always with Jimin and the latter always keeps her company. He doesn’t want to see her sad.

“Few more weeks and we are going to graduate.” Kumi sighed, they are at the back of the school, in the garden.

“I hope Taehyung will wake up now. I know that the match in Akina is the last match that we are going to attend since getting into college is difficult.” He sighed, thinking that he needs to go alone in overseas. “This will be the first time that Taehyung and I will not be together.”

“Maybe you can ask your parents to stay here in Korea to study.” She suggested.

But Jimin shake his head in disagreement. “Business is too important for them.”

Sometimes Kumi felt so bad for JImin, yes he does have the things that he needs in life however there are things that he needs too that he can’t even get. She makes sure that she is there for him as a friend.

After school they decided to go to the hospital and visit Taehyung. They got curious because there are so many people outside of the room.

“No..” Kumi hurriedly opens the door. “Taehyung?” She saw Namjoon, Jin and their father there.

“Kumi?”

Kumi smiled as her eyes started to tear, seeing Taehyung awake with a smile on his face. She walks towards him. “Taehyung.” She placed her hand to his cheeks. “I am happy that you are awake now.”

“Baby please don’t cry.” Taehyung wipes her tears away using his free hand.

“I got worried. I thought you will leave me too, I told you I have a bad feeling about the race.” She can’t stop herself from crying. The hyungs are watching them. Jin is teary eyed seeing the two youngsters.

Their father signaled them that they should leave so the two of them can have a time for themselves. The two are so lost in their own world.

Taehyung scoots over the bed and patted the space beside him. “Stay beside me please.” Kumi smiled and settled herself beside him. “I love you.” He said kissing her forehead.

“I love you too. How are you feeling?” she asked carefully not wanting to hurt him.

“I’ve never been better. It’s just that I had Jackson.” He feels frustrated that he was not able to beat him.

“Jackson is such a , let’s not think about him. You need to be healthy because you need to go to therapy.” she smiled and peck his lips. “No drifting and racing. We need to spend time together before you went overseas and study.”  She gave him a faint smile.

“How?” Taehyung was surprised because he didn’t mention to her that he is studying overseas. “Kumi, let me explain.”

“Tae chan.” She shoos him. “It’s fine. I understand, you and Jimin are going to study for business. You don’t need to worry about me.” She then closed her eyes and wanted to take a rest. But the truth is she wanted to cry. Not long enough the two of them already fallen asleep.

*******************