Chapter 2

Road to LOVE

On their way home Yoongi and Kumi stopped in a convenience store.

“Kumiko.” Yoongi called.

Kumi looked at Yoongi. The latter seldom calls her in her complete name. “Nii san?” she replied.

They sat in the chair in front of the table to eat the ramen that they bought. Kumi is kinda nervous about the aura Yoongi is emitting.

“Is Jimin courting you or something?”

Kumi blushed at that and she can’t even answer. Yoongi is really serious. “Or Taehyung?” she blushed more as she thought about Taehyung courting her.  “Taehyung is really different; I would prefer Jimin than him.” Said Yoongi as he started eating.  Kumi stares at her brother.

“Why are you saying those things nii chan?” she asked still not eating.

Yoongi looks at her. “Eat..” Kumi then started eating. “I know you have other friends but we all know that those two drifters are really close to you. I saw them race and I also know how they are in the track. Jimin has this good boy aura in him while Taehyung has this bad boy image. Girls are always with him. I don’t want my sister to be associated with a guy like that.”

Kumi knows that Yoongi always wants the best for her, it’s just that there is something more from Taehyung, he may be a bad boy type but he has his soft side too and she knows it. On the other hand, Yoongi is not wrong when it comes to Jimin, he is really gentle man and kind hearted. She just shrugs what Yoongi said and started to eat. In the end she is the one who drives home.

 

She is currently lying down on her bed, trying to find a sleep since its Friday and she has no homework she wanted to take a long rest. She was about to doze off when a beep was heard from her phone.

SpeedStar: Are you sleeping?

Techgirl: Not yet why?

There is this guy the she met, well not technically met because they haven’t seen each other yet. This Speedstar guy messaged her directly, they got into a conversation about cars because they are both member of a group wherein they discuss about drifting and other stuffs.

Speedstar: Did you went to Togue earlier,

I heard that there was a match.

Techgirl: Yes I did, I went with my brother

 the match is nice. Are you there?

Speedstar: Yes, I am with a friend, we saw the other famous drifters there.

Some drifters from AugustD and Bangtan are even there.

Techgirl: Wow, that’s nice. How are you by the way?

Speedstar: I am doing fine, school is being boring.

Techgirl: Well, school time is going to be over anytime soon.

Also when do you think we can meet?

Speedstar: Why you wanted to meet me?

Techgirl: Yeah, that’s fine with me, we can discuss more about cars.

Speedstar: Well, there is a right time for that.

 

They continue talking until Kumi just fell asleep.

When the morning comes Yoongi wakes her up. “Kumi chan, someone is here for you.”

Kumi is amazed that her brother is already awake its just, 7 in the morning, usually Yoongi stays up late if it’s weekend. She went to the bathroom and took a bath then she went down to the shop and saw Jimin and his car parked.

“Ohayo.” He greeted showing the food that he bought.

“Ohayo..” she said and went towards him. “You alone?”

Jimin pouted. “Why? Are you looking or expecting someone?”

“Iedayo.” She replied and then went to work on the car. “We need to align your wheel and also let me check your brake pads, maybe we need to change them too.” She smiled.

“Before we work lets grab some breakfast first okay.” He said as he pulled her in the couch.

“Omu rice..” she smiled, its actually her favorite.

Kumi admits that Jimin is really attractive. He is also a nice guy anything that you can ask for he has it. However, Kumi is not in love with Jimin. The funny thing is, she is in love with Taehyung. But she knew that things won’t work with her and the latter. Taehyung didn’t show any interests to her. And now that Yoongi is disapproving Taehyung for her it’s a problem. There are so many things that you will like at Taehyung just don’t pay attention to his trait as a ladies man. He is smart and also caring in a different way, his good looks is just an add on.

Jimin did help her to tune up his car, for an 18-year-old girl she is very talented when it comes to fixing cars. She didn’t fully open the shop just like what her father did before, there are only few cars that she is working with. Taehyung’s, Jimin’s and of course Yoongi’s. She sometimes checks Hobi’s car if they got a chance too.

“Lunch is served.” Yoongi called them out.

“Minnie chan lets eat first.” She said as she wipes her hand with a towel to remove the grease.

“AHmmm okay lets go.” He said standing up.

“Wait..” she said as she reaches out to his face and wipes something. “You got grease on.”

Jimin blushed. “Mianhae.”

They entered the house and peacefully have lunch with Yoongi.

“I heard that Taehyung’s match will be Jackson’s GOT7.” Yoongi stated the topic.

“Ah ne, that’s correct. Two weeks from now they are going to have a match in Akina.” He replied.

“Akina?” Kumi questioned.

Yoongi knew how sensitive this part to Kumi. Its been three years but she didn’t set foot back in AKina. She doesn’t want to go there and now she’s afraid  that Taehyung is going to have a match in AKina with Jackson.

“Did Taehyung did some training or did he studies the Mt Akina?” Yoongi asked.

“We went to the mountain last weekend and as per what I can see he was able to go down smoothly.”Jimin replied and he looks at Kumi who is still deep in her thoughts. “Hey, no worries Taehyung can handle it.”

Kumi snapped out of her short trance. “I researched about Jackson of Got7, he is a good racer and no record of losing. “

Jimin smiled at him a bit proud. “No record of losing because it is not recorded for an actual match. But he did lose one time.”

Yoongi and Kumi tilts their head.

“Jackson is a friend of  my older brother, I beat him in a friendly race 4 months ago.

Yoongi’s eyes widened. “You did not..”

JImin smiled his eyes shaping crescents. “Yes hyung, I did beat him. However, he is really good when it comes in racing and drift, also his evo is tuned up perfectly. “

“If that is the case Taehyung should not be careless about this match. Speaking of Taehyung where is that guy?” Yoongi is really talkative today.

“The thing that I know is he is in their house.”

 

**

Taehyung opened his eyes and he saw his white ceiling, he faced the side of his bed and its already empty. He sat up and the mirror in front of him, it showed his morning look, hair is sticking out in different places and his upper body is decorated with red and violet markings. The room smells like and he is not enjoying it. He gets up from the bed and went towards the bathroom to have a shower. It’s already noon and he went down to the kitchen and saw his brothers.

“Its already noon you silly kid.” Namjoon stated as he reads his book.

“Yes hyung hello..” Taehyung stated and sit in one of the chair. He looks at his other brother, Jin the eldest. “Hyung what are you cooking?”

Jin smiled at him. “I am actually baking my younger brother.”

Tae’s eyes sparkles as he heard it, Jin’s baked goodies are way better that the other shops. Some of his goodies are being delivered to the hotels.

“The girl this morning, who is she? She doesn’t look like your age.” Namjoon stated now looking at the youngest Kim. Taehyung just give him a boxed smile. “How long are you going to play? I also heard that you are going to have a match weeks from now.”

“Hyung just let me do the things that I want as of the moment, I know that when I hit collage things will be different.” He said whining.

“You better be careful Taehyung, if you knocked out some girls you are out of this house and family.” Namjoon warns him.

“Namjoon ah, we know that this kid will not do that.” Jin stated, he is the opposite of Namjoon. The latter is really strict since he is the current CEO of their company. Their father is still the owner and still working but Namjoon almost do all the jobs. “Our Taehyung is not that dumb to do that, right baby boy??” JIn then ruffles his hair. Jin still treats Taehyung like a baby. Taehyung nods at what Jin said. “Why don’t you look for a girlfriend Taehyung?”

“I am not interested as of the moment.” He replied coldly.

“The girl that you brought here, what is her name again. Kumiko?” Jin said.

“What about Kumiko?” asked Taehyung.

“She is nice, I actually like her. You can invite her again.” Jin said in an excited way. “I can prepare some baked goodies for her.”

Taehyung smiled at his brother. “She is actually nice, she is a Matsuo, if you heard the name.”

Namjoon place his book down. “The skillful mechanic who died in the Mt. Akina. So she is the daughter.”

“She is into cars too?” Jin asked and Tae nods. “Poor girl. Maybe you can bring her again so we can know her.”

“Why would I?” Taehyung asked.

“Because I want it.” Jin said seriously.

“Okay, okay, next time.” Tae said in defeat.

“Its new that Jimin is not here.” Namjoon said. “You two okay?”

“Neh, we are good. He is with Kumi right now, they are tuning up his car.”

“Is there a match for Jimin?” Jin asked as he placed the cookies in the table.

“Smells good.” Tae said as he grab one. “No, he did change his tires and I guess they are going to align it. This taste so good hyung.”

“I know; why don’t you bring some for her.” Jin said as he winks. “Let me pack it in a nice way.”

Taehyung didn’t stop his brother from doing it. He also wanted to check what is happening to Jimin and Kumi. As Jin finished placing the cookies in a fancy box he handed it to Taehyung. “Now you go bring this to your girl okay.” He said as he pinches his nose.

“Right.” A blush crept into his face. “See ya later brothers.” He said as he went to his car.

 

Its almost dinner time, Jimin and Kumi are already resting since they finished tuning up the car, just few more touches and its good to go. They are laughing and talking about so many things when.

“You know Kumi chan you are so pretty.” Jimin suddenly said and Kumi stopped. “The first time I saw you, you are young and petite, and look at you now.” He said as he tucked the excess hair behind her ears.

Kumi is frozen, he notice that slowly Jimin is leaning towards her. She didn’t know what is happening but slowly she is leaning to him too. Then a kiss landed to her lips.

“I’m- Im sorry..” Jimin said as he scoots away from her.

“Hey.”

Both of them looked at the shop’s door and saw Taehyung standing.

“Tae chan..” she said and stands up.

“Something wrong? You guys looks odd.” Tae said as he entered and sat beside Jimin.

“He did saw us??” She asked herself.

“How’s the car?” He asked Jimin.

“Its good, few touches and were good to go, what brings you here?” he said as he looks into the box that Tae is holding.

“Oh yeah.” He remembers and handed Kumi the box. “My brother baked some cookies and he wants you to have this.” He smiled. “Hyung bakes delicious pastries.”

Kumi smiled at the gesture. “Its SeokJin san right?” she asked as she opens the cookies. “Wow, this looks good.” She smells it. “Minnie chan you should taste this.” She smiled and feeds the latter.

Taehyung is just looking at them. Jimin is smiling sweetly at Kumi. “Tae chan!” she said as she faced Taehyung. “Please tell your brother that this is really delicious.”

“I will, and he also wanted to meet you some time.”

“I’d love too!” she said giggling. “Well then let me do the last touches to this and it’s all settled.” She said as she went back to work on JImin’s car.

There is an awkward air lingering in the shop because of what happened. Around 9 in the evening its already set and finished.

“Here.” Kumi handed the key to Jimin. “It’s all set ready to go.”

“Thank you for this.” JImin smiled and ruffles her hair. “I’ll make it up to you next time okay. “

Taehyung is just there looking at the two of them. He is kind annoyed and pissed about Jimin’s actions.

“You get a good night sleep okay.” Jimin said. “Taehyung come on.” Jimin entered the car.

“Take care okay.” Tae said and pats her head, but a kiss landed to her forehead. And the latter went to his car and both of them drove off. Leaving Kumi in front of the shop. Yoongi was actually there looking at the three of them.

 

***

Posted!