Chapter 3

Road to LOVE

Jimin and Taehyung are in the Mt Akina. They are both looking at the overview while drinking a soda.

“The car is good to go.” Jimin breaks the silence.

“Jimin ah.” Taehyung called. Jimin looks at him. “Do you like Kumiko?”

Jimin was taken aback by the question. “Mwo?”

“I saw you.” He said still not looking at her. “You kissed her.”

Jimin sighed. “I- I don’t know what is happening earlier.” He chuckled. “But to answer your question, it’s a yes I like her a lot.” He honestly said.

Taehyung sighed, contemplating if he will say something or not.

“You okay?” Jimin asked.

Taehyung looks at Jimin. “I like her too.”

Jimin was surprised to hear it, they all know that Taehyung didn’t stick to one girl. “Taehyung you are joking.” When Taehyung didn’t answer, Jimin knew that the latter is really serious about this. “Oh , you really like her?”

Taehyung brushed his hand to his hair. “I do Jimin, I like her.”

“No in way, you slept with different girls and made out to others and you will say that you like her?” he sighed in annoyance.  “What were you thinking? You did all those things to other girls. Are you out of your mind?” now he is being a hyung to Taehyung.

“Jimin I- I am not serious with those girls.” He said in defense.

“That’s bull Taehyung, Kumiko is different! She is not like the that you keeps banging every night. She is an innocent girl.” Jimin is really frustrated for two reasons: 1 Taehyung is such an for hooking up with other girls, 2 he is his best friend and brother they can’t compete to one girl.

“I know you are annoyed but what can I do, this is what I felt. I was just playing around.”

“You can’t play around with her. You are sick if you wanted to make her moan under you.” JImin is really angry at Taehyung. He wanted to punch the latter.

“I made up my mind Jimin, weather you like it or not I will pursue her.” he said in a serious tone.

“You are crazy Taehyung.” Jimin went inside the car and was about to leave the latter.

“If you beat me in the race I will stay away from her.” Taehyung blurted out, he is also getting irritated about the situation.

Jimin looks at him angrily. “So be it.” He replied.

Both drivers are in line in front of the stoplight. Cars are accelerating, nobody wanted to lose. Right at this moment they treated each other as rivals. As the green light displays Jimin and Taehyung started to drive off. Jimin is actually in front Taehyung behind him, both drivers are good in racing and drifting, as the first corner approaches Jimin smoothly shifted and drifts in, Taehyung followed behind him.

Jimin is satisfied about the performance that his RX7 is giving him. The wheels are already aligned and running smoothly. Taehyung behind him know that Jimin is really serious about this, they did race as friends for a couple of times but he was always beaten by the latter. “I will not let him beat me this time.” He said with determination.

If we are going to talk about cars, the S15 has a better specs and capacity than the RX7 however we are also talking about the drivers here. Both guys are trained when it comes to this. Jimin is really serious as he looks on the road. He looks at  the rear mirror sometime checking on Taehyung.

Screeching tires are heard in the mountain as the two boys drifted in the corners of mount Akina. Taehyung is finding a way on how he will overtake Jimin at this point, it’s either he will attack from the inner corner or outer as they drifted. He did study the mountain for a few days now since he is having a match. There are 5 hairpin curves that is crucial in this mountain.

The race was about to end and Jimin is still leading Taehyung, the latter at the back is really pressured about what is happening, Jimin is not giving him an opening. Now it’s the last curve and Taehyung is really desperate to win this one. Jimin actually drifted in the outside corner of the curve. “Its now or never.” Taehyung didn’t shifted his gear he accelerated and tried to overtake JImin inside the corner as the latter’s car drifted out of the corner.

The car is running so fast and Taehyung needs to maneuver the steering wheel to the right since it’s a right curve.

“What the hell?!” Jimin exclaimed as he saw Tae is not dropping down his KPH.

Taehyung finally leads the race as he overtakes the RX7. “!” he shouted as the car run passed Jimin.

Jimin then hit the brakes of the car.

Taehyung gets off of the car with a huge smile on his face. “I won.” He cheered. “Finally.”

JImin sighed and flick the latter’s forehead. “You are crazy freak Taehyung, that’s dangerous!” he got worried for the latter. “You could have ended in an accident.”

Taehyung chuckled. “I can’t lose JImin, not this one.” He said seriously.

Jimin sighed and extended his hand to him. “You better be sure about her Taehyung, if she sheds a tear because of you. You know what I will do to you.” He said and Taehyung accepted the handshake. “And stop hanging out with other girls Tae, please.”

Taehyung nods at Jimin. “I will Jimin. I am serious about her, I just hang around because I don’t even know how to approach her or ask her out.”

“Well, since I lost this is my revenge, I will not help you. You need to figure out how to let her know about your feelings.” Jimin smirk at him.

“You are mean. Let’s just go home.” He said and pats the latter’s shoulders.

 

**

Sunday morning and Kumi is doing nothing.

“Do you have a home work or something?” Yoongi asked as he placed his coffee on the table.

“None so far. Wheeew I wanted to sleep all day. Have any plans today?”

“Hmmm well I have a music class later in the studio.” He replied. “You know, needs to work hard for a living.” He smiled.

“Neh, gomene if I am not able to bring money to our house. Maybe we can open the shop like before.” She said with a sad expression.

“I am not forcing you to do it or to open the shop against your will, I am happy that you are able to pick up some tools again and proceed to checking up cars, tho its my car and your friend’s cars.”

Kumi sit beside Yoongi in the couch and snuggles to his side. “Nii chan.” She rests her head to his shoulders. Yoongi then caressed her hair.

“Are you going to Akina in Taehyung’s match?” he asked. “Are you ready?”

“I don’t know nii chan.” She replied.

“Do not force yourself if you can’t okay.” He continues to caress her hair. Yoongi maybe a strict brother but he only wants the best for his baby sister. “We can still manage since the last time I won the race, we can cover up the expenses.”

“Nii chan, I will not go to college and I will just work so we can sustain our needs.” She suggested.

“Aniyo, you will go to college. That’s what Otousan wants for you. And I will make sure that you will go to college.”

“Aishteru nee chan.” She said and hugs the latter.

“Nado saranghe. Now go get some rest more okay.”

 

After lunch Yoongi left the house to go to his job. While Kumi is there lying on her bed all day, she’s feeling lazy probably tired of what happened yesterday. She was about to sleep when she heard a car honking out of their house. She went out irritated and saw a cute face smiling in front of her.

“Kumi chan!”

She sighed and rolled her eyes but in the end she smiled at the person. “Koo chan..”  The latter came towards her and ruffled her hair. “Hey stop that.”

“Is Yoongi hyung here?” the guy asked.

“Ani he is not here, he went to work.” She replied. “What are you doing here?” she said as she looks at the BMW M3 that is parked in front of their house. “Looks cool huh..”

“Wanna go for a ride?”

“Jungkook ah, nii chan will be angry if I left the house.” She whined. “And besides I don’t feel like leaving the house. “

Jungkook pouts at her. “Well I just want to ask you to come with me. GOT7 have a match today. In Hakone Hill climb.”

She is thinking is she will go or not. She may see Jackson there. “And why would I go? You declined being in Bangtan right and joined Got7 instead.” She raised her eyebrows at him.

“Come on couz are you still mad at me for joining them?” Jungkook pouted at her, he is his cousin and former classmate also friends with Taehyung and Jimin its just that he went to other city and the four of them got separated.

“Why do you want to bring me there?” she asked a bit annoyed.

“Jackson is having a match, I just thought that you wanted to see how he drives. You know he's having a match  with Taehyung.”

Without thinking anything she replied. “Fine, I’ll go. Wait here.” She went back inside and changed her clothes. “Send a message to Yoongi nii san.” Then she went to the driver seat. “I’ll drive.” She smiled at him and JK went to the passenger seat. Its gonna be a quite long drive going to the Hakone Hill Climb but Jk keeps her pre occupied because of his stories. On how many races did he won and other stuffs about life.

It was around 6 in the evening when they reached the place. Jungkook was welcome by his team mates.

“JK!” Yugyeom called. “Owh, you are with.”

“Now who do we have here, the Muse of Bangtan.” Jackson came and winks at her.

“Hi..” Mark greeted her.

“Hi..” she replied back as she eyed JK. Jk gave her a faint smile. She doesn’t like the attitude of Jackson towards her.  Then she looks at the Lancer evo parked in the starting line. She is actually worried about the match between Tae and this guy she really didn’t know why she is having this feeling.

“So what brings you here?” Jackson stand beside her, she is leaning against JK’s car. “Are you here to spy?” he is teasing her.

She is getting irritated about this guy. “What do you think of me a low grade person who will spy for someone?” she looks at him sharply.

Jackson smiled seems like being amused. “You know what I like you..” he said and slowly leans on her. “If I win the race tonight, or lets say if I beat Taehyung to our race go out with me.”

Kumi furrowed her brows. “Whether you win or lose I will not go out with you, let me remind you that in a professional race you are unbeatable but off track you already lose to someone..” she said and then walk away. “Such an idiot.” She sighed and felt that her phone beeps.

Speedstar: Hey.

Techgirl: Hi.

Speedstar: Something wrong?

Techgirl: I am in Hakone right now, and this guy, Jackson.

He is really irritating me.

Speedstar: Wait, what? You are in Hakone right now?

Techgirl: My friend brought me here, he wanted me to see

how this Jackson guy drives.

Speedstar: Are you okay? Did he harm you?

Techgirl: No he didn’t, he is just so boastful.

Speedstar: Take care please.

Techgirl: Aww, why so worried?

Speedstar:  Of course I am; we haven’t seen each other yet.

Techgirl:  Aww you are such a cutie, where are you?

Speedstar: Just home chilling.

Techgirl: I hope we can see each other soon, I would love

To discuss some things with you, especially when

 it comes to cars.

Speedstar: I love that, I want to meet you soon.

Techgirl: Yeah, it will be great to talk to other people

about cars and stuff.

Speedstar: Let’s call it a date then. <3

Techgirl: Are you asking me out? O_o

Speedstar: Why? You don’t like it? Hmmm

how about we meet, AKina mountain on

the day that Bangtan and Got7 will have

a match.

 

Kumi stopped for a moment. The guy is asking her out. Well wanting to see each other in Akina mountain. Bangtan and Got7’s match is really spreading.

Speedstar: Still there?

 

“Kumi chan! The race is going to start.” Said JK as he holds on to her arms.

“Ah..okay..” she said and placed her phone in her pocket.  She got confused when JK drags her to his car. “Koo where are we going?”

“Fasten your seat belt we are going to follow the race.” He said as he put his seatbelt on.

“Eh? Is this allowed?”

“It is, when you are having a match with a GOT7 member we have our own rules. Tho its fair because the people that will follow the racers are being decided by a tossed coin. Probably this is going to happen in Tae and Jackson’s match too.”

They are still talking when the race started and the JK followed the boys in a distance. Kumi is observing how JK drives and how Jackson drives. Currently Jackson is behind his opponent. She wanted to see by her own eyes how this guy drives. She finds him skillful as the car smoothly drifted in the corner. She wanted to see how this guy will try to surpass the car infront of him.

“Jackson is good in this.” JK stated.

“Jimin is still better. He beat him once.” She blurted out irritated.

“You serious?” JK glanced at him as he drifted the car.

“Yeah, he is a friend of Jimin’s older brother.” She is looking at JK and she didn’t notice that Jackson already surpassed the opponent. “What the heck?”

“He attacked using the outside lane.” Said JK.

“That’s kinda difficult.” She replied.

 

Few minutes they are in the finish line and Jackson was declared as the winner. Kumi is not interested as she looks at the team with her cousin. She is looking at her phone and saw the last message of Speedstar. She also got a message from Yoongi asking where are they and how is the race. She was about to reply when someone took her phone.

“Hey!” she said trying to reach her phone from Jackson.  “Give it back.”

Jackson hold the phone up high. “You want it so get it.” He said.

Kumi is reaching out the phone, she hold on to Jackson’s arm trying to pull it down. Jackson smirks at her, the latter grabbed her wrist and drags her to his EVO.

“Hyung!” JK asked knocking the mirror.

“Koo!” She called, she wanted to get out of the car but Jackson locks it and she can’t even open it.

“Let me borrow your cousin okay.” Jackson said to JK and then he started the car and drove off.

“What the heck!” JK enters his car irritated and the other member’s followed him.

 

***

 

updated, finally!