Chapter 15

4 Seasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

No there's no starting over

Without finding closure

You'd take them back

No hesitation

That's when you know you've reached the sixth degree of separation

 

 

 

 

 

 

They stepped out of the restaurant into the cool night air. Dahyun wrapped her coat tighter around her body and turned to face Sana.

 

“Thank you for dinner, Sana. Such a lovely place. And the food was amazing. But it was so expensive. You know, you do not need to take me out to fancy places like this.... I am perfectly fine with having dumplings or take out.”

 

Sana reached for her hand as they started to make their way back to her apartment. “I know you don’t need it. But I wanted to do something special tonight.”

 

Dahyun furrowed her brows in confusion. “Why tonight?”

 

 

“You don’t know?”

 

 

 She shook her head.

 

“Well, you’ll see. Come on.” The japanese inclined her head towards her apartment. “Momo and Jihyo are staying over at Daniel's tonight, so we can go back to eat dessert and watch a movie.”

 

Dahyun let herself be led all the way back, trying to use the time to think about what Sana could possible mean. But by the time they arrived at the door, she had come up with nothing.

 

Sana held the door open for her to pass. Then, as soon as she heard the door close behind her, Sana’s arms wrapped around her waist and gently but firmly turned her and pressed her against the door. She felt Sana’s lips find hers in the dark. Dahyun was stiff against her, like she wasn’t sure what to do, but her lips were soft against hers, silently telling Sana that she could break it at any time. 

 

But that was the last thing Dahyun wanted. 

 

After her initial surprise, she quickly responded, trailing her hands up Sana’s arms, over her shoulders, with one hand settling on the back of her neck and the other at the junction of her neck and jaw, fingers brushing her cheeks, pulling her impossibly closer. Dahyun pressed herself more firmly against Sana, as the blonde held onto her tightly, as if she was going to float into space without her hold on Dahyun. Dahyun suddenly pulled away and asked "Is this okay?" 

 

 

"Yes, Dahyun. Kiss me."

 

 

The korean turned her and she was now pinning Sana against the door, the japanese gasped, clearly suprised by the move Dahyun just made, and Dahyun took advantage of that and slipped her tongue into . Both of their moans got tangled up in their mouths as Dahyun’s hands started wandering, having a mission of their own.

 

She wasn’t sure when she started rocking her hips. Slowly at first, but then starting to pick up rhythm when Dahyun's kisses started turning desperate, her bottom lip roughly in . Dahyun broke the kiss for a second to inhale, but Sana guided her lips back to hers just as fast, encouraging Dahyun to keep rocking into her. 

 

Sana was trying to slow her rhythm down or else she was going to lose it, but Dahyun's hands s behind her to her lower back, pushing her harder against her. Sana let out an embarrassing low moan against Dahyun's lips before she broke the kiss again, this time, to attach her lips to Sana’s collarbone. Dahyun was aware of what she was doing, and so was Sana. She kept her lips firmly against Sana’s neck, it softly, claiming spots.

 

Sana wrapped a hand in her hair, the other tightly against her lower back as Dahyun rocked steadily into her. When Dahyun started nipping at the soft skin of her neck, Sana yanked her up, capturing her lips into a solid kiss. Dahyun was having a hard time keeping up with the kiss, when she felt like her lungs were on fire, but she didn’t pull away. All she did was kiss Sana harder. 

 

It didn’t take long for her to feel completely consumed, all of her thoughts replaced by the taste of Sana’s lips, the feel of her tongue, the sound of her breaths. Sana was a damn good kisser, Dahyun had realize, early on, and that was never clearer to her than right now. Maybe it was because her kissing involved more than just . Maybe it was the way she used her hands, up and down her back, at once comforting and stimulating. Or the way she pressed her body close, so close that Dahyun could feel her heart beat. Or perhaps it was the way she always smiled at one point or another during the kiss, as if she couldn’t help expressing how happy she was, subconsciously letting Dahyun know how much she wanted this. Whatever it was, taken together, it never failed to reduce Dahyun to a pliant mess.

 

She was well on her way there when Sana pulled away all of a sudden, but still keeping their foreheads pressed together. She opened her eyes and saw that Sana still had hers closed and seemed to be working on controlling her breathing. She lightly her cheek with her thumb still resting there. “Sana, what’s the matter?”

 

At her voice, Sana opened her eyes. Even in the darkened room, with just the light from the streetlamps outside spilling in from the opened windows. Dahyun could still see Sana's brown eyes.  And for a brief moment, she really, truly believed in the old saying about eyes being the windows to the soul.

 

Rational thought seemed to come back to Sana as she quickly smiled and pulled farther away. She reached beside her left to turn on the lights.

 

“Nothing matter, babe. I just don’t want to get distract--, I mean, I do,” she quickly corrected, as Dahyun gave her a questioning look. “Of course I do. Want to get distracted, that is. Doing that. With you.”

 

“Sana. It's okay if--” Dahyun placed her hand on her arm to stop her rambling.

 

Sana took a deep breath to collect herself before continuing. “No! God, tha'ts not what I mean,  what I mean is, I have something planned. And I want to make sure we get to it first.” She looked at Dahyun to make sure she understood. “And after that, we can get distracted. Okay? Let’s remember to get distracted. That’s important.”

 

Dahyun laughed and pushed Sana gently away to make her way into the living room. “You’re the one who kissed me.”

 

Sana looked sheepish as she shrugged and said, “I know. I couldn’t help it. We were in a fancy restaurant all night and couldn’t do any kissing. That was much too long.”

 

Dahyun sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to her. “Okay, what is this all important movie that we cannot afford to get distracted from?”

 

Sana didn’t make her way over to Dahyun. “Actually, it’s not even a movie, Dahyun.”

 

Dahyun looked at her in confusion again. “What is it then?” She noticed Sana fidgeting with her hands.

 

“Okay, so I am not really those sentimental person ‘let’s celebrate every little tiny anniversary’ kind of girl, so don’t get used to this, okay?”

 

Dahyun figured she still had a look of confusion on her face, because Sana continued to explain, “Today is our six month anniversary. From the day we met.” She looked like she was expecting realization to dawn on Dahyun’s face with that statement. But it didn’t.

 

“Remember? When we met at your work? When I was so charming that you practically threw your number at me?”

 

 “I remember the story a little differently, Sana.” Dahyun smiled. “But go on.”

 

“Dahyun, don’t tell me you don’t know that today is exactly six months from that date.”

 

It was Dahyun’s turn to look sheepish. “I am not so good with remembering dates.”

 

Sana made an exaggerated s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter