FIFTH :Some brain cell

Anoxia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've wake up from my sleep. Watching my surrounding and I felt pain at my wrist. I don't see anything weird or scar, but I feel burn inside. I rubbed my wrist and try to massage them. I looked at the watch, the clock shown it was past 8 AM already. Oh my, I pass the breakfast time with them. It's near a month, I still can't manage my time properly. What did I do yesterday though? 

General's POV

   Kyungsoo pulled out the chair and sit while thinking about what happens at the party yesterday. He laid his back and gave a long sigh. He ruffles his hair because of frustration. Catherine went downstairs and he's not aware of it. 

"W-why are-". Catherine stuck.

   She started concern, "Are you okay?". Kyungsoo surprised by her present and try to neutral his face back. From frowning to poker face really does suspicious somehow. Catherine sit next to him and asked about what happened in his mind. She rarely to be brave, but today she will hear out for Kyungsoo. Even though she felt she can help him, unfortunately, he's not open up. He gave a glare and went up. 

   Catherine's pouted. Today, she'll be eating with the late squads. The twins came right after Kyungsoo left her behind. Sehun the youngest greet her with a bright smile, "Annyeong, noona!". Catherine's simply waved. 

   "Why your face looks sad, noona?" Jongin asked while taking the leftover food. "Have you eaten yet?" Sehun asked. She just shook her head. Yixing coming from behind and give a touch to her face. "Good morning, dear... cousin," he smirked. 

   What the hell, she thought. Catherine became silent and her face got a flush red. Yixing smirked and he really knows what he did. Yifan gave a stare to him but he acts like he did nothing wrong. "As you can see, we're not dating cousins. So don't worry." Yifan suddenly makes a clear up sentence. "But we didn't say we can't 'cheat' with them, eh?" Yixing teased again. Sehun and Jongin keep eating their meals since they can't understand much about what their cousins talked about. 

   Catherine slowly wanted to reach a salad, but Yixing made that fast as lighting and finished all of them. "What is wrong with you?!" Catherine blew up there in front of the meal. Asians did not being rude or mean when they had their meal, but this case made her push at the end of her patience. Sehun and Jongin startled when they enjoyed their breakfast. While the others stop doing what they're doing. Suddenly, Kyungsoo appeared in the dining room again. Because of a sudden scream from this teen girl. Baekhyun also there, but Catherine can't look at his eyes. Basically, she can't look up after she being 'rude'. Even though she seems outgoing or not so well mannered, she can't be mean or cruel or became anger straight forward like that. It's not her true personality. She's fragile.

   Baekhyun pulled Catherine's hand to move. Kyungsoo just stands there because he can't do anything if Baekhyun already took her. She is his cousin anyway, what he can do? He is not even related blood with her. Yifan made an ahem to not bothered by the incident. Yixing smirked and continued his meal. Kyungsoo knows the cousins must so much until she can't bear it anymore. Since she was not surrounded by men and all she wants, she got that. But now, she's out of her comfort zone. Kyungsoo left them to eat and went to the living room. While in Baekhyun and Catherine's situation, she still can't look at her oldest cousin. 

   "Look at me, Catherine," Baekhyun said. She stays stood in front of him with lower her head. She is on the verge of tears. She tried to hold the tears. Her finger was crumbled and her toes tapping. 

Like a kid doing wrong, he thought. 

   Baekhyun slowly grabbed her arm and look under her face. He literally lowered his head to look at her face. She tried to avoid and Baekhyun's grabbed is more firm. She stays still. Their closeness made Catherine's more anxious. After the party incident, she became more afraid with this side of Baekhyun. She can't accept that her cousin is not sweet or soft like the first week she stayed.

   "Don't harm me," said Catherine in her fear sound. Baekhyun surprised by her words and let go of her arms. He realized his actions made her uncomfortable since then. Catherine rubbed her arms with her palm and finally, her tears flowed. But she still manages to hold back her voice.

   "A-are you crying?" Baekhyun became panic in the situation. "I'm-I'm sorry. Please don't mad at me again," she stuttered. Baekhyun pulled her close to his chest and hugged her tight. "No! I'm sorry. Don't be sorry for me. Why you look so scared Catherine? You're shaking." Kyungsoo eye tailed saw the hugged between them and sigh. "I wish I can comfort you...".

   Several minutes later, after she relieved from her crying, they were sitting on the couch while the TV's opened. Baekhyun's pat her hair a few times to comfort her. Not long after, she fell asleep on the couch and Baekhyun smile looking at her like that. 

   "I don't even know you could be so soft and delicate like this. I'm sorry I'm not aware these days..." Baekhyun talked to himself. But then, the quadruplets appeared before his eyes. He shocked and nearly scream of surprised. "What the hell you guys doing!" Baekhyun said.

   Luhan put his finger on his lip to made Baekhyun stop talking while she still sleeps. They were sitting in front of Catherine and looking at her. Baekhyun getting pissed by them and asked them what to watch her sleeping like that. 

   "I want to say sorry," said Yixing. "So you're the one who this bad?" Baekhyun frowned. Yixing look at him and nodded. He even pouted. Catherine's eyebrows wiggled like she's going to cry again. But she's in her sleep, so she couldn't cry that easily. Baekhyun patted her hair again. They all looking at Baekhyun with a confused face. 

"What?" 

"We don't date-" Tao wanted to say something but he got elbowed by Yifan.

   "Yes, we don't date cousins. I know that I'll just take care of her like my own sister." He said and confirmed his word. They all sigh of relief and continue to watch her sleeping like a baby. Baekhyun got pissed and rolled his eyes. 

I wish I can smack them all, tsk! He thought. 

   For about 30 minutes of nap that she takes, the quadruplets still sit in front of her with their phone. It's not like they recording her, it just they played their phone waiting for her to wake up. Catherine slowly opens her eyes and surprised by their existence. 

   "Oh my!". She said with covering her face with her small hands. Luhan giggled, "Woah, you so cute even when you're just awake." Then, Tao interrupts. "When you sleep too...", with a smirk on his face. Catherine looks terrified more than pleased. Baekhyun is suddenly speaking, "Enough. What did you guys want?".

   The four of them silent and still in front of her. "If you do not talk about what you need, then go." Baekhyun straight forward but Catherine touches his hand to calm him down. He fluttered and cover his face with his left hand. 

   Pabo (stupid), what is wrong with you Baekhyun?!, Baekhyun's monologue. He so confused with the touch yet excited. Though the rule is not dating with the cousins. After a few minutes, Yixing broke the silence with his apologize. Catherine feels relieved and glad to hear that. She smiles wide in front of them. 

   "Is that your pure intention?" Baekhyun asked them again. But, Luhan and Yifan shook their head. Luhan just sit there, adore her face all the time while Yifan brought her something. Catherine's eyebrows raise and her face makes a sign weird. Before this, Yifan didn't really want to interact with her. But now, he even brought her a portion of food. Well, after the brunch incident. 

   "I-I don't really know, so I just bought a-...uhm...a jjajangmyeon (black bean noodle)?" Yifan pointed a bowl of noodle on the side table. "Is that because of you're not eating any of breakfast?" Baekhyun asked her. 

   She nodded slowly. Baekhyun pats her hair, "I'm sorry. I should make yourself eat first...".

   "Mwo (what)?! What do you mean by first?! You guys not-" Tao's mouth got shut with Yifan when he accused them to do something shouldn't not doing in a daytime.

   "For god sake-" Baekhyun put his palm on his face and shook his head. Catherine chuckled when she heard that. She really fast in catching feelings though, but not with Kyungsoo. 

   She gets up from the couch and the cousins looking at her literally just lingered their eyes to her. Her cheeks flushed red and she felt uncomfortable with scratch her left arm. 

   "Where are you going?" Luhan asked her like he's a kid that can't understand anything. As usual, Yifan will get pissed and unfortunately, he can't reach Luhan to beat him up. Yifan just rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth. Catherine just shook her head and went upstairs. 

   "Guys, don't you think she's attractive?" Tao still lingered his eyes on the stairs even though her shadow had gone. "Don't say that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter