ONE :Leaving Canada

Anoxia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P-Q4  

Byun Catherine is my name, the girl that always do what she wants without thinking about the consequences. The girl that always think she was always right. I'm 18 this year and gonna spread my wing in this country. I don't know if it was alright to do all alone. Since my parent's death, I don't do any alone but with the bodyguards. My aunt said that I have a cousin that same age with me that live in South Korea. Do I really look like I'm Asian right now? I lived in Canada since I was little. Well, I don't know my parent's ethnicity after all. Might be my dad or my mom could be Korean. Byun is my first name, hm. It could be my dad. Ah, forgot again, I was told that my parents were from South Korea. Anyway, I got an interviewed with MyTV, yeah I was volunteered to be a news anchor—but just a newbie for sure. There's a lot of chances that I can do in my age. With a beauty mind and feature is all about. When I was little, there's a young adult boy who came into our house. He looks Korean. I don't remember his name nor his purpose to my aunt. It's like right after my parent's death, there was some discussion between him and my aunt. Was he is my cousin? For the rest of my life, I've been never asked about my family to my aunt. She said that I have to forget all about my family for awhile —tsk, it's not for a while. It's the whole damn decade. I couldn't resist what she said to me, since it's for my safety. I'm just an ordinary grown girl, I'm not a daughter's president or anything. Duh, this world's crap.

   Talk about life, I've been diagnosed as a hyperthyroid patient last year. I don't know what exactly happened to myself back then. I was always felt fatigued all the time and makes myself sleep all day long. This behaviour makes my aunt worried about me. I was not active since my childhood. I've been through a heart broke when I was 15, too. This time I was so depressed and make myself didn't know who I am sometimes. Woke up without feeling want to eat and so on. Now, I'm still eating the medicine called Carbimazole. The dosage still has to eat 4 pills a day. You know what? This kind of I really hate the most. Like why I have to depend on all things surround me? I feel so irritated.

  "Honey, come down now eat something", shouted the old lady from downstairs. I've heard my aunt's voice was my routine. All the things we do, I've had remembered all. I wiped my wet hair and body. Open the closet as I'd always do. But yeah, when you'd lived like a princess in the high tower, your outfit always got ready already. I thought today I would like to choose my outfit, but I guess not. I saw my yellow dress already on the bed. Wait a minute, a dress? What this old lady wants me to?

  "Excuse me? What with this dress, Charlotte?", withholding one hand to hold the towel and one holding the dress. The bodyguard outside of my room covered all their eyes. Am I really ignorant at this moment?

  "Miss Byun, can you not ask me every time your outfit already there for you? There are so many people that want to live like you. Treat like a princess, eat something expensive..", she spun around like she is a ballerina. This lady really makes me sick always. I don't want to live like this, who said that I choose my life. No.

  "I would like to know the answer, Charlotte. I have an Interview with the company", I said while holding the dress, still. "Ani. You have to pack your baggage", she folded her arms. "Where to?", I rolled my eyes. I don't talk Korean even though I was Korean. "Miss Catherine, please pack your baggage. We'll send you to Seoul now", said one of the bodyguard. "Excuse me, who are you to command me? I don't want to move in that country again", I said with full of rage in my hand. Then, my aunt cut our conversation, "Your cousin will take care of you. Since now, your serial killer won't search for you after the rumours had been spread that you've already dead 10 years ago. Just pack your baggage, the jet is waiting for you. Don't waste any time", she said with a firm tone and her eyes look sharp into my eyes. I gasped. What was she said just now? A serial killer? That's the meaning all of this safety? What happened to me this time? I was so confused. What is this?

   Then, I ran to my room and locked the door. My breath was short. My eyes trembling and my towel makes me half-. "WHAT ALL OF THIS?!", I scream loudly in my room. I scream all out from the bottom of my lung. I just want to be happy, like an ordinary girl. Why my fate must be like this? I don't believe what she said, but my body interacts with it. Which was, I wore the yellow dress and pack my baggage like I completely accepted this. I just noticed that my important things had already disappeared. 3 days ago, our maids already took it to somewhere but I didn't ask for that. What a dumb. I wasn't suspicious about it for real. This is bad. After an hour I was in my room, the bodyguard ready to take my baggage. I'm still not eating breakfast and just stared at the food on the table. "Do I really have to do this?", I asked while stared at the food. "You'll know soon. I'm sorry for not telling you these days. I-,I was afraid to tell you all about yourself and the rest of our family. The reason I've kept you. Your cousin name was Byun Baekhyun. Even though he is your cousin, he'll not take care of you. But his friends. The leader of this mission is Do Kyungsoo. I was lying the serial killer won't search for you. But, they work for it now. They've found out that you were the white girl in disguised. Your face doesn't look like Korean like your late father, but more to your mother. Your late mother was not an Asian at the first place..", she explained even though she said she won't. What great.

   "...and I", she stopped. I heard sobbing in my ears. She was crying in front of me. I was just stared at her when she looked down. I felt hopeless and felt like I will die because of this surprising news, not my illness. My head hurts so much. It feels throbbing inside. I held my head and the bodyguard aware of my condition.

   "Maam, Miss Catherine not really fine!", said the bodyguard. "Take her to the jet now. We don't have much time", she said. My vision was not that cleared. I blinked once then, I fainted.

   I opened my eyes slowly and my ears were buzzed. Do I really on the way to Seoul right now? I saw my bodyguards sat in front of me. I saw one of them, but it seems not really my bodyguard. Who is he? He looks like a prince charming to me. Was I dreaming right now? My head feels throbbed again. I decided to take asleep once again. I hoped that when I open these eyes again, the words from that old lady won't come again.

   "Sir, her blood pressure is stable now", said one of the bodyguard.

   "Good to hear that, make sure her condition is good. Her pulse and heartbeat is an important one to observe. Got that?", asks the man. "Yes, noted that".

   Who's voice was that? Who is following us? Shh, Catherine. Sleep, don't mind that.

  "Surely, I'll take care of you, Catherine. I will never let you touch by other m-", that the last thing I heard before I'm truly in sleep session. That man talked to me about this condition. So it was true after all. I have to accept this. I can't escape my life with this tough fate.

   Once we arrived, I slowly opened my eyes when I heard the sound of packing things. The man was beside me. I try to talk to him, "Um..". "Yes, miss. We've arrived. Please don't talk and continue to rest. We'll get you later", he smiled while talking to me. He's so kind to talk to me like that. Isn't that good being a gentleman? He has a good face too. Could he be the new bodyguard that Charlotte took in?. As I waited for the jet completely parked, I stared at the ceiling of the jet and wondering what was happening in my life right now. I feel cold and I pulled my blanket to cover all my body. "I'm sorry, miss. Seoul in winter season for this month..", he said again. "You think I'm stupid for not knowing this month was made for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter