NINTH :Past but Catherine Edition

Anoxia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 P-Q 2

Nobody's POV

   After a lot of struggling of Byun's head family got, finally the company gotten be stable back after 7 years. Jihyun doesn't know who made this and that, all she knows is she is with her family and never worry about others. She's quite stubborn and the one who really wanted to befriend with is just Kyungsoo, his childhood friend. Now, they in their Grade 8 which means, they are in their teenage era.  Today, Kyungsoo was at the school's gate waiting for Jihyun to arrived at their school. Playing with grass, stomp feet many times and also picking the flower petals. All his routine was that while waiting for his favourite friend. Seems Kyungsoo is really picky in a friend, he rarely to find a temporary friend in his life. He as socializes but not that closer as he with Jihyun. As he picking the petals, he slowly turns around because he already knows what time she arrived, exact 10 seconds he counted Jihyun approach him with a sudden piggyback but because he turns around quickly they're both fell on the side of the gate. Jihyun's school's skirt got exposed and the bodyguards looked away. Kyungsoo noticed that and he quickly covered it with his hand. Accidentally, his hand was a touch on her back. Everybody looking all the messy and looking disgusted by them. One of the reaction was, "Aye! Get some room kid!". Ah, sunbae saw me...he thought. 

   "Oi! What are you doing?! You're erting these days, huh? What a grown man!" Jihyun kicked him spontaneous as she gets up from Kyungsoo. He smiled and fix his attire back. "You make me this way, tsk!" Kyungsoo brushed his blazer. "Hey, quick! We only have 10 minutes before the bell's ringing!" Jihyun pulled her best friend's but Kyungsoo's cheek was red and his heartbeat faster than usual. He feels weird with all of this. When he was 8 back then, he felt the same thing but he doesn't care about it much than today's case. 

   "Hey Kyungsoo, you know what..." Jihyun lows her voice to talk to him. "What?" he answered her even though they were in their class session. "I'm in my period! First period". Kyungsoo feels so dead inside and he stopped writing. He covered his face and rubbing his eyes repeatedly. "Why you-" Kyungsoo gave a stare to her. "Kyungsoo, are you having stare contest with Jihyun? Miss Byun, please well-behaved in my class," the teacher give a warned. Now, Jihyun elbowed Kyungsoo blaming him on her behaviour. "Seonsaneg-nim, I have to go to the toilet." The teacher wave as the sign he can go to the toilet. 

   "Ah, it's bad! Why she have to tell me those things! Erk...!" He rubbing his face again and again and straight went to the toilet. 

   "What in the world! Annyeong, Jihyun-aa!" one of the classmates gathered in front of her table. "What do you want?" Jihyun asked her with her head down. "Don't tell me it's your first day of period? Why don't you notice your skirt has a stained?" The girl smirked. "W-why you said that? What do you mean?" Jihyun stuttered. "Look, look. She's stuttered! Hahaha..." the girl laughed to her clumsiness. Jihyun stayed still and doesn't get her head up. "You're rich but dumb you know!" she pointed Jihyun's head. However, Kyungsoo was entering the class at the right time.  He shouted right of that girl's name and walked towards them. "What are you doing to my Jihyun, just now? Shut up," he asked her gently. "W-who are you, huh? Her bodyguard? Tsk, oh I have almost forgotten. She is rich!" The girl continues to laugh out loud and mimicking their attitude. "I said shut up!" his fist right on his table where simply near to her hips. She got surprised by that and all of them sat in their own place. Jihyun still lowed her head. "You really scared of those girls and you barely respect me?" Kyungsoo cupped her chin but her eyes still looked away. "Hey, you know I'll protect you. That's what your dad asked to," said Kyungsoo grabbed her small hand. Jihyun hugged him tight as well as he patted her. Even if that's not your dad asked, I'll definitely protect you forever. He thought and smiled. 

   Since their middle school went well, Baekhyun one of her childhood friend doesn't appear as usual. That because he studied in his college. He's one of the top students in his college. However, today Baekhyun came to their school to greet them, with a surprise. Everyday Kyungsoo and Jihyun always eat tteokbokki and eomuk while they were on the way of their home. Kyungsoo always walked with her to her home and after that, he will walk to his home. Even though the driver offers them, but Jihyun refused to do so. Today the surprised was Baekhyun came to them after a long time ago they've met. After school time at 4 PM, Jihyun and Kyungsoo ran together out from school, "Today's the best weather to get a date!" Jihyun shouted. "Hey! Don't drag me like that!" Kyungsoo struggled with his shoes after Jihyun straightly pulled his hand, again. Suddenly she stopped from her running and Kyungsoo accidentally bumped to her back. Her hair slapped his face and even touched his inner right eye. "Ow!" Kyungsoo covered his eye and pat it gently. "What are you doing, Jihyun?! You've hurt me today so many times!" he slowly opened his eyes after he patted it. "Kyungsoo..." Jihyun's jaw dropped. "What now?!" Kyungsoo frowned. This boy always frowned at his young age. He followed where Jihyun's finger laid to. "Hyung?!" Kyungsoo surprised with the tall man 50 meters apart. "Oppa, isn't it?".

   Baekhyun saw two of them and he started to wave to them excitedly. About more than a year they didn't meet up, they're both excited too and ran to him like there's no enough land to get a walk. Those middle-schoolers hug him tightly and Baekhyun embraced them like an angel. "I miss both of you, how's school?" Baekhyun smiled. "Oppa! Don't smile at me like that! I got hot," Jihyun pouted and covered his cheeks with her small palm. Baekhyun ruffled the two of the 'sibling's' hair. "I'm sure you guys have grown up so well. Jihyun-ssi, you got naughtier than I've expected," he complimented her and he laughed. Kyungsoo followed him in giggled. "Hyung, aren't you busy these days? Why suddenly showed up?" Kyungsoo the curiosity as always. "Aigoo, I can't meet my 'siblings' after all this time?" Baekhyun pouted. "Oi, Kyungsoo! Don't bully him! He's our guardian too!" Jihyun backed up his favourite guardian. "Hahaha! That's not it, hyung. I was just worried if you have a lot of works," Kyungsoo explain while shrugged his shoulder. Baekhyun nodded, "Alright, alright. I've understood what you mean. You surely really care about people, eh Kyungsoo? That's why the head family asked you to protect her." He brushed Kyungsoo's hair. "The head family?" Jihyun looked at Kyungsoo confused. But then Baekhyun offered them to ride his car and go somewhere to eat. 

   Jihyun does not alert with her surroundings, Kyungsoo is her 'bodyguard' since then. She'd never noticed about others feelings and so naive about that except if Kyungsoo told her. Ever since so, Kyungsoo really care about her and wanted her to be more careful with her behaviour. Right they said, she rich but dumb. She acted spontaneously without thinking about the consequences. All she knows that she'll stick to her family and never think about to lose them. 

Baekhyun's POV

   Following their early dinner, I brought both of them to our company's mall. Where Jihyun wanted to buy some new clothes. Kyungsoo following us too because I know, Kyungsoo is needed by her side. As we walked separately after Jihyun entered in the woman's lingerie area. Though she pulled Kyungsoo, I shook my head and she sighed. She knew Kyungsoo can't follow her everywhere. Now Kyungsoo and I walked together, as we walked, suddenly I asked a question to the teen kid. "Are you and Jihyun, fine?". Kyungsoo stopped from his walk. "Of course we are. How's your day in college, hyung? Are you fine as well?" he asked back to his 'brother'. He was the curious young man that I've ever found. 

 "Don't worry," I breathed out, the words like rust on my tongue. "Everyone escapes in the end, I am just doing it on my own terms." I smiled.

   Kyungsoo gasped as he heard what I just said. He was looking anxious, like what does escape mean? I can read his face like he was suspicious of me. But, he managed it right away. What a good kid. "I- um, hyung. Jihyun has already finished her shopping," Kyungsoo pointed to Jihyun as he saw Jihyun skipping out from the premise. "Oh, you got Calvin Klan?", I hugged her shoulder. Kyungsoo seems awkward so he was just silent. "But, they give me this free," Jihyun said. "Yes, of course. This is yours anyway," Kyungsoo finally said. "Ah, that's right Jihyun. How can you forget?" I giggled.

Nobody's POV

   Later, after all shopping for that day, Baekhyun sends him home before Jihyun. Since he wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter