THREE :Past memory

Anoxia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What are you doing last night?", Kyungsoo asked Catherine in the middle of breakfast time.

 

"She was eating late-night snacks with me!", Luhan interrupted the conversation.

 

  Kyungsoo glared at Luhan and made he continued eating his meal. The dining room not filled with them since in the morning. They were not waking early like four of these morning people. Which was, Luhan, Junmyeon, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo. Excluding her actually, but since she's not used to these surroundings, her body reacted to be a discipline one. "I saw the kitchen was not clean–the cooking area to be specific..." he said while grabbed a salad and eat. Catherine gulped. "What with sudden mood?", Junmyeon tried to change the topic. "Just eat the meal, and leave." Chanyeol took a sip of tea and left the table without taking his dishes. Kyungsoo sighed. Chanyeol a real clumsy one in this house. He was a messed once he did something in his room. Study? The book was thrown away everywhere. Music? The script note always flew under his bed. And, many other things. Catherine keeps stirred her coffee for five minutes and made Kyungsoo focused on her again.

"Was that necessary?", he said.

"Again with the same question?", Catherine began to debate.

"Woah, you-"

 

   His word got cut.

 

  "Enough with that Kyungsoo, she might be hungry in the middle of the night." Junmyeon saved her from the battle mouth between his friend and Catherine.

  The crunchy sound from nuts that got eaten by Luhan made Kyungsoo more annoyed in the situation. "Well, after this. Let me teach you the rules in this house."

Kyungsoo glared once more and forcibly pushed his chair to the back to get up. Catherine saw Kyungsoo's jaws, he gripped it. "Just ignore what he says..."

Junmyeon smiled. Luhan still eats the leftover from Chanyeol's plate. "You sure be glutton, Luhan ssi." She said with a smile on her small face. Luhan kept eating the food until there just the only main dish for the rest of them. "You're wipe out the dessert already?", Junmyeon shocked. Luhan awkwardly smiles while the last rice cake in his mouth. Catherine giggled.

 

  Messed what they left. Since the only one was just you, you got up and cleaned the table with yourself. "Aigoo~My present as a maid, again," Catherine sighed. She took a plate and placed it on her upper arm, the second plate on the below while another two on her head. Kyungsoo suddenly appeared in front of her and take the plate from her head. "Don't you know the consequences if you continue to walk?" Kyungsoo sharp gazed made she startled and nearly dropped the plates. Catherine held her chest and patted it several times after the plates got taken by him. She sat on a long chair and tried to calm herself. 

 

   My heartbeat isn't that good, she thought. In the end, he was the one who cleaned all the dining rooms–including wiped the table and swept the floor. "Mianhae," said Catherine. Kyungsoo continues to sweep with a long, wide broom. Catherine tried to make a conversation, "Don't you guys rich? Why just don't hire one or two of the maid?". "We won't hire any, or our shelter being hijacked by someone just because of your absurd idea." Kyungsoo stood there with the broom on his right hand with his poker face. "Again with that face?" Catherine rolled her eyes. "I don't interact with people to kill my time," he continues to sweep the last one dust. Catherine got up and went upstairs.

Catherine's POV

   Kyungsoo always harshes to me like I'm the criminal in this house. Charlotte said that I'll be their friend, or good, friendly cousins. But, they're not like that. Today I'm already a week in this house, Kyungsoo still not played with me. Yeah, what I mean is, he's not really caring and just continue to speak like a robot to me. Is he an artificial intelligence that Byun's family creates? Huh, what a weird imagination. There's none of your fantasy here, Catherine. However, just now, I'm, nearly can't control my race heartbeat. Well, if anything happens, it could be Kyungsoo's fault to surprised me so sudden like that. I went upstairs to watch the TV. I'm bored, to be honest, all of them busy with the new strategy. Just me that wandering around like a child played by herself all the time. Oh, I wish I can do a job and meet new people every day.

 

   Though this would be fine in the beginning, living with 12 men in this house sometimes could make your mind went crazy. Catherine, think! Think about how you can escape from this mansion once. Well, at least. That's the only thought I had. I took a remote control from the side of the TV and pushed an ON button. "Watch it at your room please," Yifan took a remote control from me. How rude he can be. Ugh, I hate him the most right now!

 

"What with that look?", he said.

 

"I wanted to watch my show!"

 

"So?", he splashed water in the hot oil I guess.

 

   I throw a cushion to his face. Not considering how hard it is, but whatever! He rude to me so I need too. Yifan just hated my present since on the first day here. I would talk normally but it just him that can't accept me, somehow. I stomped my feet like a five years old kid to my room and banged it. I throw myself to my squishy bed. Ah, so good to be in your own room with a nice smell. I rolled my body all over my king-sized bed. At the side of my bed, I let my long wavy hair. Staring at the ceiling wondering about something. Something like–my dreamt.

 

   Yesterday, I don't have any nightmare but suddenly it came into my mind now. Sometimes, I did remember this place. Every time I tried to feel this deja vu, my head always feel throbbed. I don't know what happen with my head but Charlotte had said before that I had an injury on my back head when I was a kid. I don't what a specific age was. Speaking of which, how Charlotte now? I grabbed my phone in my handbag and put a call for Charlotte.

 

The number you have dialled is not on the service.

 

   What? Are you serious Charlotte? We're just not in contact a week and now you disappear all of sudden. I wanted to talk about this to Kyungsoo since he's the only one who actually stayed with me and Charlotte.

 

   Wait.

 

   Why my memory? I remember him? Kyungsoo, does he really stayed with me? I held my head, here we go again. I shut my eyes close and I laid back to my pillow. All I see was a white flash even I closed my eyes. I'd blinked my eyes several times to correct my vision. I feel like something stabbed my head. All positions, all sides of my head feels numb after that.

 

   Blank.

 

"I will take care of you for the rest of my life"

 

"Jihyun-aa, we'll move to Canada after this vacation, arasseo?"

 

"EOMMA!!!!!"

 

   Knock sound from my room door. I don't know when it was started but it'd already knocked many times. I tried to get up but my body is so weak. So I let my body sank on this bed. I guess my room is not locked, why they knocked it many times? Argh, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter