CHAPTER 19

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINETEEN 

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, Busan!” Jiyong exclaimed while stretching his arms as he stare at the view of the port from the top of Lotte Department. 

 

Dara chuckles at the sight as she rises from the bench and walks toward him. She stands next to him and his arm instantly finds its way around her shoulders. She leans her head against his chest and they stare ahead of them in silence. 

 

She woke up early that day due to morning sickness, and ran immediately to the bathroom. When she came back to the room, he was already up and was staring at her with worry. She reassured him with a smile and sat back on the bed where he asked her if she can show him around before they leave the next day. 

 

And they ended up there as the first place they visited in their itinerary.  

 

“Feeling better?” He asked while running his hand, up and down her arm. 

 

“Much better. How about you? Did you sleep well?” She inquired and looked up at him. 

 

Jiyong smiles and nods as his free hand reaches for hers. “I slept like a baby with you in my arms.” She chuckles and playfully pushes him using her shoulder. He laughs aloud at her reaction and intertwines their fingers. “I am quite hungry, though. What would you like to eat?” 

 

“How about you?” Dara asked back. 

 

He sheepishly smiles and taps the tip of her nose. “I am not part of the breakfast menu, Ms. Park.” She frowns and as understanding dawns on her, she makes face and elbows him. He laughs before pulling her in an embrace. “Anything is fine. But can we have something for our breakfast around Busan Tower?” 

 

“That’s specific. Did you do some research of what you’d like to do?” 

 

“Yes, kind of,” he nodded, “I want to do something there, but it’s not about food. So, I’ll let you decide and tell me what you are craving for. Again, except for me.” 

 

Dara steps out of his arms and starts walking away. “Whatever, Mr. Kwon.” 

 

He laughs aloud and runs after her.  

 

 

 

After eating breakfast, they stroll around Yongdusan Park as the number of tourists slowly increases. Jiyong adjusts his cap and mask before turning toward Dara, and adjusting hers. 

 

“Someone might recognize us,” he informed. 

 

“Recognize you,” she corrected and reached for his temple to wipe the beads of sweat there. “Why don’t you take a picture there,” she pointed at a direction using her lips. 

 

He puckers his lips and inches closer to her. Laughing, she places a hand on his mouth to stop him from getting closer, and turns his body around. 

 

“I thought you want a kiss,” he protested. 

 

“No! I was pointing there,” she said, this time while using a finger to point at the statue by the entrance of the park.  

 

“You want me to take a picture with the dragon statue?” He asked and turned his head to her. She nods, grinning. “What am I? A kid?” 

 

“Come on. Your name means dragon, right? Go, I’ll take a picture of you.” She pushes him forward until they wait for their turn.  

 

“Da—“ 

 

“I want a picture of you in my phone. As remembrance,” she said, cutting off his protests. He clamps his lips and just nods obediently at her request. How can he say no when she’s giving him that pleading gaze? “Yes! Now, go and stand there.” 

 

He walks near the statue and turns to face her. He places his hands behind him, waiting for her to snap a picture. 

 

Dara slumps her shoulders and her head to the side. “Ji, don’t stand there like an old man.” An old guy clears his throat next to her. She mumbles an apology, and bows toward the guy before facing him. “Do some cool poses. You’ve done that before, right? I saw from—“ 

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll do a cool pose now,” he cut her even before she can blow his identity. Not that she’ll do that, anyway. 

 

After snapping shots, he walks to her and gently pulls her arm as she browses through the images. 

 

“Happy, now?” He asked. 

 

“Yes!” She exclaimed, not taking her eyes off the gadget. 

 

“Alright, stay here,” Jiyong pulled her to the side and made her stand there as he ran off somewhere. 

 

Finally looking up from her phone, a sign welcomes her sight.  

 

Shiny Love 

 

Her eyes widen in surprise and her gaze immediately searches for Jiyong. She finds him walking toward her with something being twirled in his fingers, all while smiling at her. hangs open as she stares at the thing on his hand. 

 

“What is that?” She asked. 

 

“Uhm, a lock? With our names on them?” He answered and showed her the word “forever” on one side, and their name on the other side. “What do you think?” 

 

She closes . “I think, you’re crazy.” 

 

He chuckles at her response. “Why?” 

 

She finally meets his eyes and gives him a questioning look. “You really want to do this? With me?” 

 

“Who else, then?” 

 

“I don’t know? Maybe someone who de—“ 

 

“Are we headed to that conversation, again? Because I’ll just answer you with no one else I want more than I want you. So, I came here with the thought of doing this with you.” 

 

She bites her lower lip. “You planned on doing this?” 

 

“Yes,” he nodded. “I told you that I want to do something here, right? This was it.” 

 

“You really want to do this with me? Are you sure? You must be crazy.” 

 

Jiyong laughs and places a hand at her nape. “Yes, yes, and if you think so, then yes, I am crazy too. Now, shall we do this now so we can go and move on to the next spot you’d like to show me here in Busan?” 

 

“Why do I feel like I am being forced to do whatever you want to do?” She squinted her eyes at him. 

 

He gives her a pointed look. “You don’t want to do this padlock of love with me?” 

 

Dara lowers her gaze and nods. “I want to,” she whispered. 

 

“That’s what I’m saying. Now, let’s go,” he enthusiastically said and pulled her to the attraction. 

 

 

 

After they spent the rest of the day exploring Gamcheon Culture Village, walking by the sands of Songdo Beach, passing through the Songdo Skywalk going to the Turtle Island, and visiting the seaside observatory at Taejongdae, Jiyong found himself sitting in fron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter