CHAPTER 10

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TEN 

 

 

 

 

After experiencing a day of an upset stomach, and a little more that morning, Dara finally has the appetite for something sweet. And the donuts on the fridge that Jiyong brought yesterday just saved her from a sudden cravings. 

 

Munching on the confection while occasionally sipping on the cup of coffee she prepared, she browses through the artworks of her students. And each of them brings a smile on her lips, seeing how they are uniquely talented on their own. 

 

She was in the middle of it when her phone next to her vibrated with an incoming message. She picks it up and unlocks it; A message from Jiyong appears on the screen. 

 

Her lips unknowingly stretch with another smile. 

 

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: Good morning to the irresistible Miss Dara. How are you this morning? 

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: Good morning to you too, mister ego booster. I’ve been better compared to yesterday, thank you for asking. 

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: Mister ego booster? Hahaha! You really came up with a nice title there for me, creative teacher. By the way, my brother mentioned that he met Bom last night, and had the chance to meet you too.  

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: Oh, right. I met him last night. I didn’t know Kwon Sangwoo is your brother. I was awestruck, I was almost lost for words. Those business magazine shots did not give him justice, he looks better and more handsome right up close! 

Message: And he was with Taeyeon. She’s very kind, and so beautiful! Is she a model or something?  

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: I didn’t mention? Maybe I did, and you just forgot. I’ve been to magazines too, you know? 

Message: No, not a model. She’s a cellist. 

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: I’ve seen more business-related magazines than entertainment-related ones, but I’ve seen some of where you were featured too. 

Message: Wow! She’s a musician! No wonder, you like her. 

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: What business magazines were you checking? I am a businessman, Miss Dara, may I just remind you. I had my fair share of features in those kind of magazines too, you know?  

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: You do? 

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: Yes! I’m hurt. :-( I’ll provide you some copy for proof so you’ll know what you are missing. 

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: Okay, okay. Hahaha! I’m so sorry for being quite ignorant. Forgive me? 

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: Did you eat the donuts I gave you? 

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: I am eating some now. What about them? 

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: Then apology, accepted. Eat all of them, and I’ll bring more snacks later. I’ll bring some sandwiches and fruits.  Any personal requests? 

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: No, I’m fine, thank you. But you are visiting the kids, again? Today? 

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: Yes, and yes. Any preferences with ice cream flavors? Is vanilla okay? 

 

To: Jiyong 

Message: Seriously, Jiyong. You don’t have to.  

 

From: Jiyong 

Message: I want to. See you later, Miss Dara. 

 

 

Staring at the last message Jiyong sent, Dara cannot help but to shake her head while smiling. 

 

“Why do I feel like I gained another student? A persistent one.” She chuckles at the thought. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~oOo~~~~~ 

 

 

 

 

 

As the gentle breeze blows, and even with little shivers, small heads remain hanging low as the kids at the park are busy with their activity. They are focused on expressing their ideas into colorful piece of art, not even bothering on raising their head and throw the kid next to them a single glance. 

 

This is the type of concentration that never fails to amaze a certain man standing few feet away from their area, and liking the sight of a small-lit fire of passion before him. Oh, how he missed seeing this view.  

 

With a small sigh, a huge smile breaks on his lips. And with hands shove inside the pockets of his pants, he starts making his way toward that particular direction. 

 

“Ayo what’s up, little monsters!” 

 

It did not take that much effort for him to grab their attention. The familiar sound of his deep voice was enough to break into the spell of their concentration, and heads finally glanced up and pairs of eyes zoomed in toward him.. 

 

The next thing that followed were pencils and coloring pens dropping on top of their papers as they  jumped on their feet and started running their way to him. 

 

“TOOOP!” They shouted in unison. 

 

“It’s T.O.P in the house, yo!” Seunghyun exclaimed, lowered his body to the ground and gathered everyone that fits in his arms. The kids all give him a hug, almost tumbling him to the ground which he only laughs off, liking the attention he missed for the past weeks.   

 

His visit to his grape field in Argentina made him to miss out on a lot of things; One of them is learning about his friend, Yeonjung, finally taking her maternity leave. She is a community teacher who teaches art in her neighborhood, and also a good friend of his and his sister. They share the same passion with art, and has visited her teaching sessions that is why he is familiar with the kids being her student. 

 

“What are you doing here?” One of the kids, asked. 

 

“You don’t visit us anymore!” Another one followed. 

 

“Are you here to play with us?” 

 

And the seem to be endless questions continue. All their excited voices resonate the area, and he chuckles at their overflowing excitement. 

 

He raises both his arms in the air. “Hold up!” That put them to a stop. “TOP flew somewhere using his magical wings, but he’s back now so no more questions, okay?” 

 

They did not ask anymore, instead, a loud cheering erupted. 

 

“I’m here to play with you, you little monsters, but first, let me talk to your teacher, okay? I need to ask for her permission first, okay?” They nodded in unison. “Now, where is she?” 

 

They exchange glances, and after some time, point to the same direction; The restrooms. 

 

He excused himself, instructing for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter