CHAPTER 17

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 

 

 

 

 

A new project he’s working on occupied Jiyong’s time for the past days. He has been really busy that he cannot find time to visit Dara again after their last talk in front of her apartment building after the art exhibit. 

 

He would always send her a message and she would respond but recently, she has never returned any of his messages and he started to worry. Could it be that she is avoiding him? But why? That’s impossible, right? 

 

“I have something to tell you when we see each other again.” 

 

That was what she said when they parted ways, and the memory of it had been crossing his mind from time to time. So, there’s no way she would avoid him, right? 

 

He pushes the thoughts off as he drives his way to the park, carrying with him some snacks for the kids. On his way there, he passes by his sanctuary. This made him to stop his car just few meters away from the place. When was the last time he had been there again? Oh, right. That time before he met Dara.  

 

The place had provided him an inspiration— Particularly that girl he had seen for only a few times but enough to help him pass through the struggle of not being able to produce a new music after his brother and Taeyeon’s engagement party. And although he had only seen her back profile, for some reason, he knew that he has slowly moved back to track just by that sight.  

 

Butterfly, that is what he calls her; The girl on the other side of the wall. 

 

He smiles at the thought. The girl resembles Dara— Her back profile, that is. And he would be lying if he say that it never crossed his mind that maybe, just maybe, they are the same person. But then again, she never mentioned about that place… About the sanctuary. 

 

With her in his mind, he gets moving until he’s slowing down near the park. He stops the car to the side and shuts the engine. Carrying the snacks, he steps out of the vehicle and with light feet, makes his way to that particular location. 

 

But the sight of a familiar figure slows down his movements and every step starts to get heavy. His smile starts to slip away. 

 

“What are you doing here?” Was the first thing that came out of his mouth as he finally stopped, few steps away from the figure. 

 

At the sound of his voice, Seunghyun looks up. With a final explanation about the activity to Mino, he approaches him. 

 

“What are you doing here?” His friend asked back, chuckling. 

 

As his usual excuse, Jiyong raises the box on his arms. The sight made Seunghyun to roll his eyes and turns his back away from him. 

 

“Right. The kids.” He claps his hand to catch the children’s attention and from their activity, they all look up at him. “Alright, monsters. Time to take a break. Jiyong here brought some snacks,” he announced. 

 

It did not take long for them to jump on their feet and run toward their direction. Jiyong distributed their foods, and they thanked him back in the process. 

 

Once done, he joined his friend who is now seated at the nearby bench. He handed him his share before sitting next to him. 

 

“She’s not here,” Seunghyun said and unwrapped his sandwich. 

 

“I did not ask.” 

 

“But she’s the reason why you’re here,” he remarked, and Jiyong chose not to respond and kept his silence. “Oh? You’re not denying it?” 

 

“Where is she?” 

 

“Like I said, not here.” 

 

“I need a decent answer from you, Choi.” 

 

Seunghyun gives him a pointed look and leans back. “Tell me, Jiyong. Tell me why someone like you— A businessman, an artist, and a producer— in short, a busy person, always finds time in between his busy schedule just to visit someone he claims as just a friend?” 

 

He meets his friend’s gaze. “Tell me why I should answer that question.” 

 

“Because it appears to me that your motive in doing that is not clear. Your actions contradict your words, Kwon. You are way overprotective toward Dara, and it actually reminds me of myself back when I was still pursuing Bom.” 

 

Another moment of silence envelopes them as he keeps his gaze at his friend who is now looking ahead of them. Seunghyun has never brought up anything about his ex-girlfriend, Park Bom, before. And with him doing it now means his  situation frustrates the guy to a different level. 

 

He finally turns away and faces the kids’ direction, a small laugh escaping his lips. “Why do I feel like you were so frustrated that you were in the verge of punching me, but chose to mention about your ex-girlfriend instead.” 

 

“Hallelujah!” Seunghyun weakly raised an arm while saying this. “Be thankful, then. It was a lowkey blow to myself, you know?” He chuckles once again. “Are you going to stay put here and listen to me talk about my past relationship, or would you rather go and start the search?” 

 

Jiyong stands up and faces his friend. “You sure have no idea where she is?” 

 

“Well, if I know, I’ll just throw you straight there than keep you here and bore you to sleep,” Seunghyun shrugged and took a bite on his sandwich. “Go on, leave. I will not stop you.” 

 

“That’s the plan.” 

 

He starts to move and makes his way to his car when his friend calls out his name. He turns to him. 

 

“Dara,” Seunghyun breathed. “I like her. She’s a good person. If you’re going to ask me, I would pursue her if given the chance.” Jiyong fully faces his friend, holding his breath as he waits for him to continue. “But then, chances are slim. Some things weigh heavier in my heart than take the road to a relationship with her. However, I want to keep her as my friend, and so are you. That’s why, I beg you not to screw this chance up. The diamond you’ve been waiting for is there for you, so stop taking a detour to a rocky road anymore.” 

 

His gaze lingers on his friend’s before looking down at his feet and chuckling. He nods his head, as his chuckles turn to a bright smile before meeting Seunghyun’s gaze once again. 

 

“I know. Thank you for being a good friend, TOP.” 

 

The guy nods at him in response before Jiyong turns around and resumes to walking on his way to his car. He has no idea where to start the search as contacting Dara would be useless now that she hasn’t answered any of his messages. But he knows who to consult, yet he’s just not sure whether she will be kind enough to give him information. 

 

Before he can start the engine, his phone starts ringing. He pulls it out from his pocket and the caller’s name on the screen surprises him. 

 

He slides the button to answer the call, and places the gadget near his ear. 

 

“By any chance, are you a mind reader?” He asked, his voice laced with amusement. 

 

“Maybe I am. Are you free?” 

 

“For her? Always.” 

 

“Wow. That sounded like an indirect confession,” the caller giggles. “Meet me, I have something to give you.” 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~oOo~~~~~ 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara breathes in and the freshness of the sea breeze fills her nostrils. Her eyes are closed as she enjoys the serene moment before her. She missed this. When was the last time she visited this place again? 

 

“Enjoying the breeze?” A voice suddenly coursed through her thoughts. She opens her eyelids and turns toward the person who just occupied the empty space next to her. 

 

She smiles. “Yes. I can’t seem to remember the last time I’ve been here. When was it again, mom?” 

 

Laughter erupts from Kyung-ran. “Aren’t you exaggerating it, my dear daughter? You were just here on Sanghyun’s birthday—“ she 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter