CHAPTER 15

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FIFTEEN   

 

 

 

Questions circulate Dara’s mind after that kiss. No one dares to speak after as Jiyong busies himself in caressing her now treated cuts. She can only stare at his fingers moving gently against her bandaid-wrapped ones. 

 

“Dara!”  

 

They both turn toward the direction of the door where Seunghyun, now panting, suddenly emerges. The sight of him made her to immediately pull her hand off Jiyong’s grasp and slowly distanced herself from him. The latter throws a glance at her direction because of this but she refuses to meet his gaze and trains her eyes toward their friend. 

 

Seunghyun, face laced with worry, rushes to her side and kneels on the floor as he looks up at her. “Are you alright?” He asked and gave her either arms a gentle squeeze. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have let you wander by yourself,” he continued and examined her. 

 

She smiles and shakes her head, placing a hand on top of his that is still rested on her arm. “I’m fine, Seunghyun. I only had few scratches but Jiyong helped me,” she explained. 

 

His hand then touches her face and runs a finger under her eye. There is a sharp intake of breath at their side but she keeps her gaze on the guy before her, still trying to calm her heart inside her chest. “You look like you cried.” 

 

“Well, the heel against my finger hurt, if I’ll be honest. But seriously, I’m fine.” 

 

Seunghyun nods and pats her hand. “Still, I’m sorry for not being there to help.” He stands up and faces Jiyong. “Thank you for being the caring friend that you are, Ji. I can’t imagine what worse could have happened to her if you were not there.” 

 

There is a glint of sincerity in his eyes when he said those words. Dara understands where his worry is coming from. After all, he’s aware of her situation. 

 

Jiyong keeps his silence, his gaze not leaving her direction. She finally meets his eyes and finds them unreadable.  

 

She watches how Seunghyun pats his shoulder, only to be pushed away as he tears his gaze from her and holds his friend by the collar. He pulls him down toward him and meets his eyes. “You better get her out of here, safe, Choi Seunghyun,” he said in between gritted teeth. 

 

Seconds passed before the former pulls himself off his grip and straightens his suit. He adjusts his tie after. “You don’t need to remind me what I have already planned on doing.” 

 

“It appears to me that you should be reminded who you came here with,” Jiyong responded. 

 

“I believe I should be the one telling you that,” Seunghyun answered. “Taeyeon is waiting for you outside. Also, the media and the rest is looking for you,  dragon. Now leave and let me do my job here,” he said and patted him on his shoulder once again. 

 

He did not say a word and just glanced toward her direction. She tried her best to hide the forming blush on her cheeks upon remembering what happened just few moments ago, but miserably failed. 

 

Jiyong opens his lips, as if about to say something, but closes them again. He walks past Seunghyun and stands in front of her, holding her by the arms. His grip tells her that he’s contemplating whether to pull her toward him and envelope her in an embrace, or not. In the end, he just rests a hand on her nape and gives it a soft caress, sending shivers down her system. 

 

“I’ll see you later,” he softly said. His gentle touch renders her speechless that all she can do is to nod in response, and gives him a small smile. 

 

He slowly lifts off his hand from her skin and smiles back before giving a final glance toward his friend’s direction and exiting the room. 

 

The smile on her lips slowly vanishes as the door closes, and she stumbles on her feet, holding on Seunghyun’s arm for support. 

 

“Dara!” He exclaimed and supported her weight. “Are you alright?” 

 

Dara nods her head as he guides her to a seat. “Just a little dizzy, but I’m fine.” 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

“Yes,” she said and started massaging her temple. 

 

“I’ll get you some water.” 

 

She nods and stills her gaze on the ground, trying to decipher the happenings that day; Seeing Jiyong arriving with Taeyeon; Being pushed to the ground and earned cuts and scratches because of it; Jiyong helping her and tending to her wounds; The kisses they shared; And his gentle voice and soft touch. 

 

She closes her eyes and sighs. Everything just sent her to a roller coaster ride of emotions, and now she has to deal in calming herself— Most especially her heart. It has been acting abnormally whenever he’s around, the only reason she can come up with honestly scares her. 

 

Is she falling for Jiyong? 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~oOo~~~~~ 

 

 

 

 

 

The ride back to Dara’s place was in full silence. After bidding a quick goodbye to Kiko and Shuhei, Seunghyun offered to bring her out for a dinner but she politely refused saying she’s tired and would like to retire for the day. He did not push her anymore after what she went through and just drove her back home. 

 

Once in front of her building, she turns to him and smiles. “Thank you for this day, Seunghyun. I had a great time,” she said. 

 

He lightly shakes his head and smiles back. “I don’t think I deserve the thanks after what happened earlier. Are you sure you don’t want to swing by the hospital to check you further?” 

 

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I just need rest to recover. Again, thank you.” 

 

“You are most welcome,” he said and patted her head.  

 

He hops off his car and walks toward her side to open the door for her. She steps out and faces him. “Have a safe drive back home.” 

 

“I will.” 

 

“And if it is not too much, please tell Miss Kiko that her exhibit was beautiful. I would be thrilled to see more of her creations in the future. I think I did not express enough how glad I am to see her craft today,” she said, wearing a big smile on her lips. She clasps her hands together. “It was an honour for me.” 

 

“You praise her too much. But I will make sure, the message will reach her.” 

 

“Thank you, Seunghyun.” 

 

“I think you’ve said that for more than 10 times, today,” he teased. 

 

“Because that’s how thankful I am!” She exclaimed, laughing. 

 

“Alright, alright. Now go inside, Miss Park, and take some rest for you and the little pea inside that tummy.” Dara giggles and nods before walking backwards, still facing him. “Now quit doing that or you’ll fall on the ground. Walk straight, teacher.” 

 

“Okay, okay. Bye, Seunghyun,” she waved. 

 

He waves back and watches as she finally enters the building. He waited for quite some time before settling himself back to the driver’s seat. However, he did not drive off just yet as he recalls the scene earlier before he announced his presence inside the room where he found her with Jiyong. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter