CHAPTER 13

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THIRTEEN 

 

 

 

 

 

After walking along the pavements on the way to the garden of the hospital while holding a plastic bag containing foods and drinks, Seunghyun stops on his tracks. From his location, he watches as Dara wipes something from her cheeks using both her hands, before covering her face with her palms. 

 

He’s a er for tears, but he can’t just let her sit there alone, waiting for him, when he only told her he’s going to grab something to eat. 

 

With a sigh, he moves forward and looks down inside the plastic he’s holding before calling her name. 

 

“Hey, Dara,” he called out, trying to appear cheerful like the usual. 

 

He occupies the space next to her and hands her the plastic bag. 

 

“What’s this?” She asked after masking her earlier emotion with a smile. 

 

“Egg sandwiches and avocado shake.” 

 

She turns her head toward his direction. “Wow. Are you a mind-reader, or something? I’ve been craving for some avocado since last week!” 

 

“Glad you do. I spent 20 minutes in front of the cashier, trying to figure out the best shake to buy for you.” 

 

“The line must be long, after.” 

 

“You bet!” He exclaimed, and Dara giggled in response. She fumbles inside the plastic bag and hands him one of the sandwiches. 

 

After unwrapping their foods, they ate in complete silence until Seunghyun decided to break it. 

 

“So, positive huh.” 

 

She exhales while munching on her food. “Right. Five weeks.” 

 

“When are you going to tell him?” 

 

“I don’t know. Right now, I am just trying to wrap my mind around the fact that this is really happening.” 

 

“That… You’re right.” 

 

Dara places her hands on top of her lap, blankly staring ahead of them. The wind blows, and from the corner of his eyes, he sees her shuddering a little. 

 

Seunghyun reaches out and envelopes her small hands with his. She glances at him, and he offers her a smile. 

 

“Take your time. I just want to tell you that I am right here whenever you need to unload whatever is bothering you,” he said. “I’m sure, your family and friends too. But most importantly, the father of this baby, whoever the bastard might be.” 

 

She returns his smile with a small one, and lets out a soft chuckle. “Thank you, Seunghyun.” 

 

“I hope this doesn’t sound like I am pressuring you, but I hope you tell him about your situation. The sooner, the better. You should not go through this alone.” 

 

“I know.” 

 

Another moment of silence envelopes them until he finally decides to let her hand go. He claps his hands and stands up. 

 

“Alright! Let’s go, shall we? I am ready to blow the minds of the little monsters with my power-teaching skills.” 

 

Dara gasps and looks up at him. “You were able to prepare an activity for them?” 

 

“Of course. I know how to keep my words, you know?” He offers a hand to her and she holds it as she brings herself up to her feet. “My internet search bar was practically filled with ways on becoming the best handsome teacher in the universe.” 

 

“No way,” she grinned. 

 

“Oh, yes way. Now, let’s go. We can’t let the kids arrive at the park before  us, right?” 

 

After saying this, he assisted her out of the hospital toward the parking lot, and drove off to Dara’s neighborhood. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~oOo~~~~~ 

 

 

 

 

 

Just what Seunghyun had declared earlier, Dara silently watches him now as he gives the kids the activity he prepared for them. She inwardly laughs at his every attempt of stopping himself from bluntly cursing in front of them whenever he messes up a little. Although he had a hard time at first, he was able to grasp the process well later on. 

 

“What is he doing?”  

 

She was startled when someone spoke from behind her. She turns around and finds Jiyong standing there with arms crossed over his chest, and gaze resting toward Seunghyun’s direction. Her heart jumps at the sight of him. 

 

“You startled me!” She exclaimed, clutching her chest. 

 

The frown on his forehead disappears as he looks down at her and grins. “Sorry, Miss Dara,” he said and sat next to her. 

 

“You didn’t tell me that you’ll be visiting today.” 

 

“I aimed to surprise you. And the kids too. But seems like they’re busy. What is he doing there?” 

 

“He prepared some activities for them.” 

 

“I see.” 

 

Seunghyun tuns to them and upon seeing Jiyong, he says something to the kids before running toward their direction. 

 

“Yo, Jiyong!” 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong asked. 

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one, asking you that? What are you doing here? You’re supposedly in a meeting today, right?” 

 

“Meeting finished earlier than scheduled. I am here to visit the kids and to bring over some snacks.” He points at the box behind the bench that Dara only realize is lying there. “And you?” 

 

“I prepared some activities for the little monsters,” Seunghyun turns to the kids before facing them again, “and visiting Dara. Got a problem with that?”  

 

She chuckles at his response. 

 

“Stop giving me that look, dragon,” the guy before them said. Curious, she turns toward Jiyong’s direction but missed to see it when he suddenly stands up and walks to get the box.  

 

She turns her questioning gaze to Seunghyun who just shrugs at her, smiling.  

 

“You know what? You should quit using the kids as an excuse to see Dara. If you are planning to pursue her, just do it.” Surprised, the two look up at his direction. He focuses his gaze to the guy next to her. “I am the substitute teacher for the day, so thank me later, okay? Lover boy.” 

 

“What?” Jiyong blurted, and his friend just raised a hand and waved. 

 

She was embarrassed to hear that. Feeling her cheeks getting warm, she tries to laugh the embarrassment off. 

 

The guy left with her turns toward her direction, and chuckles before shaking his head. He once again occupied the space next to her. 

 

“Don’t mind him.” 

 

“I know.” 

 

“I have some pudding here for you.” 

 

“Seriously?” 

 

Dara stares at Jiyong’s hand which holds a small container of the dessert. He raises a plastic bag containing more of it. 

 

She gasps at the sight, and softly laughs. “You seriously did!” 

 

He grins before unwrapping the plastic spoon. “Of course.” 

 

“Thank you.”  

 

He opened himself a container of pudding, and they ate in silence. Upon recalling Seunghyun’s earlier question, Dara turns to Jiyong. 

 

“Seunghyun mentioned about your meeting today. That means you’re busy, right?” 

 

“Not really. Indeed I had a meeting earlier, but I am still working now. Just not in one of my studios, nor my office at the business district.” He shrugs before eating a spoonful of pudding. 

 

“So, you are just passing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter