CHAPTER 11

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER ELEVEN 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong pockets his phone after sending a response to Dara, and bites on the sandwich he’s holding. He smiles while watching the kids sharing fruits with one another. He cannot help but to think how amazing it was that these kids were taught proper values and right conduct.  

 

He pats the head of the kid sitting next to him who looks up at him and gives him a toothy grin. 

 

“Jiyong, are you going to play with us again today?” Mino, the kid next to him, asked while munching. 

 

He throws a glance at their papers and artworks lying idly in their areas, before looking back at the little boy. 

 

“Hmm.” 

 

“Please, Jiyong?” Mino pleaded. 

 

“Yes, Jiyong. Please?” Jihoon seconded. 

 

“Pretty please, Jiyong?” Lily, who just arrived at their area, said without having any idea as to what the two boys were pleading for. 

 

He chuckles and pats her head. “If you promise to be good and finish your activities now, maybe I can ask Miss Dara if she can give you some play time. How about that?” 

 

“You promise?” 

 

“I will try my best, if you can promise me you will do your best too,” he negotiated. 

 

The kids shouted yes in unison before doing a happy dance with their sandwiches, raised in the air. 

 

“Oh, what is this?” Jiyong turns his head to the source of that familiar deep voice. The kids did the same. “Aren’t you going to invite us to the picnic?”  

 

Hearing this, the kids start running towards him. 

 

“Look, TOP! Jiyong gave us sandwiches and fruits,” Lily said with both arms raised, showing the food to the guy. Seunghyun crouches down and carries her in his arms before standing tall once again. 

 

Dara, who is next to him, smiles at the sight. This takes Jiyong’s breath away as some strange uncomfortable feeling creeps inside him while staring at them. This made him stood up from the bench, but did not take a step forward to approach them. 

 

“Can I have a bite of that sandwich then?” Seunghyun asked Lily. Without second thoughts, the little girl enthusiastically offers him her food. 

 

Jiyong probably spaced out that he did not notice that Dara is now standing in front of him. 

 

“Hi,” she gently greets.  

 

His heart jumps inside his chest as he blinks his eyes, focusing his attention to the girl before him. The smile on her lips is so contagious, and he finds himself returning the gesture. 

 

“Hello.” 

 

“Thank you for the snacks, Jiyong, although you are not obliged to bring them anything whenever you feel like visiting them.” 

 

He fakes a gasp at this. “Could it be that you hate me, Miss Dara?” 

 

Dara stares at him in confusion, then giggles. “What?” 

 

“I can’t possibly come here, empty-handed. They will hate me, tackle me down, and eat my limbs instead.”  

 

She laughs and shakes her head. “You’re exaggerating, Mr. Kwon.” 

 

He grins. “Stop worrying about me, bringing snacks over. It is my pleasure feeding them, and you too, seeing how thin you are.” 

 

“Hey!” 

 

“Yo, Jiyong!” Seunghyun butted in even before Jiyong can continue teasing Dara. They both turn their heads toward his direction, and watch as he walks up to them, holding Lily and Rose’s hands. “Good to see you here.” 

 

“You too, Seunghyun. Tho I have to admit, I did not expect to see you here.” 

 

“Likewise. I am here to visit the kids.” 

 

“TOP is teacher Lin’s friend.” Rose explained. 

 

“I see,” Jiyong nods his head. “An art lover too, I presume?”  

 

“Yup!” Seunghyun nodded and instructed the little girls to play with the rest of the kids. “I didn’t know that she already started her maternity leave since I was in Argentina for the past weeks. When I called to invite her to be my date for the exhibit next week, she suggested for me to invite Sandara on her behalf, instead.” 

 

A frown forms on Jiyong’s forehead. “An exhibit next week? You mean, the art exhibit?” 

 

“Bingo. Kiko’s. She’s been bugging me and kept on calling me while I was still in the grape field. She threatened to burn my antiques that are in her possession if I dare miss her exhibit this time since I already missed the one, last year.” 

 

After saying this, Seunghyun gently holds Dara’s arm and assists her to the bench behind him. For whatever reason, Jiyong has no idea. But he is sure that he is not liking the sight of his friend’s hand on her skin. 

 

“Don’t tell me, you are planning to ditch the exhibit again?” His friend continued. 

 

Before Seunghyun can occupy the space next to her, he beats him to it and sits there instead. “I’m still checking my schedule,” he nonchalantly responded. 

 

His friend stares at him, and shakes his head in amusement. Seunghyun then shrugs and picks the paper bag containing the sandwiches from the bench. “Well, you better check it as soon as possible. Too bad, I already asked Sandara to be my plus one for the exhibit. As my date, that is.” 

 

“She can always decline, you know,” he retorted and reached for the container of ice cream. He opens the lid and hands it to Dara along with a spoon. 

 

“You didn’t really have to buy me this, Jiyong.”  

 

He just smiles at her and scoops a spoonful when she did not immediately accept it. He offers the spoonful of ice cream to her. She hesitantly bites her lower lip, tries to reach for the utensil, and looks down when he slightly pulls it away from her reach.  

 

“Jiyong.” 

 

“Say ahh.” 

 

“Jiyong!” 

 

“Me, me! Ahh,” Seunghyun opened his mouth, and moved closer to him. Instead of the spoon, Jiyong shoved the plastic inside his mouth, and his friend glared at him. Dara giggles at the sight. “Where’s my ice cream?” The guy asked, pouting. 

 

“Go get one for yourself,” Jiyong said, this time, finally handing Dara the container and spoon. 

 

“I’m sure, Sandara will share. That’s a lot for one person, you know?” His friend faces the girl, smiling. “Can I have some of that, teacher?” 

 

She glances at him, wearing a playful smile on her lips, before facing his friend. “Sure. You can have some. Here,” she offered the spoon and pushed the container near Seunghyun. 

 

“Nope. I bought that for you, and you alone.” He brings her to her feet and holds her arm before gently pulling her with him. “Let’s go somewhere. It’s getting quite annoying here.” 

 

“Hey! How about the kids?” His friend called out. 

 

“Play with them… TOP,” He responded without looking back. 

 

Seunghyun can only shake his head while watching them drifting away from his sight. He bites on his sandwich, smiling. “A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter