CHAPTER 12

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWELVE 

 

 

 

 

To: Bom 

Message: Bommie, I have something urgent to do today. Rain check? 

 

From: Bom 

Message: Okay. You’re not ditching us for a date, are you? 

 

To: Bom 

Message: No! Hahaha. I am at the hospital for a check up with a gastroenterologist. 

 

From: Bom 

Message: Gastroenterologist? Are you still experiencing an upset stomach?  

 

To: Bom 

Message: Yes. No more vomiting today, but my stomach feels bloated. 

 

From: Bom 

Message: I see. While you’re there, why don’t you swing by an OB-GYN too? Just to make sure? ;-D 

 

To: Bom 

Message: Oh shut it, Bommie. I’m going now. I’ll message you later. :-* 

 

 

 

Shaking her head, Dara places her phone inside her bag and looks up. Upon seeing her number for consultation on the screen, she stands up and walks straight to counter 12. 

 

The woman behind the table starts asking her questions about her check up history, and symptoms she had been experiencing for the past days. 

 

“Is there any gastroenterologist available?” She asked after answering her questions. 

 

The woman continuously writes in a form, not bothering on answering her. She then looks up at her and pushes the paper. 

 

“Yes, there is,” she said, pertaining to her question a while ago. “You can go straight to the 4th floor, and look for Room 412. Give this to Dr. Yoon’s assistant, and just wait for your name to be called.” 

 

She smiles at the woman before standing up. “Thank you.” 

 

As she exits the room, she looks down at the paper. Dara frowns at the sight of the name of the doctor, along with her specialization; Dr. Yoon Hae-young, Ob-Gyn. 

 

Ob-Gyn? She asked for a different doctor, maybe the woman misheard? 

 

“Sandara?” 

 

She turns around upon hearing someone called her name.  

 

“Seunghyun?” 

 

“It’s really you.” He approaches her and smiles down at her. She returns the gesture. “Are you here for a check up?” 

 

“Yes. I’ve been quite feeling unwell since the other day so I decided to see a doctor. How about you? Are you here for a check up too?” 

 

“Oh, no. I am here to give this to a friend,” he raised the paper bag he is holding, and showed it to her. “Which floor are you headed to?” 

 

“Uhm, 4th floor. But there seems to be a misunderstanding so I have to go back and ask again.” 

 

“I am headed there too. I can wait for you here.” 

 

“Oh, you don’t have to. I don’t want to bother you.” 

 

Seunghyun shakes his head and takes a seat at the nearby empty steel chair. “No worries. He won’t be leaving until 12PM. I can wait for you.” 

 

“Are you sure?” Dara asked, and he nodded his head in response. “Okay. I’ll be quick.” 

 

“Oh, take your time.” 

 

She walks back inside the room and approaches the woman who assisted her earlier, just in time that the patient she is assisting stands up from the chair and leaves.  

 

“Uhm, excuse me,” she called for her attention. The woman immediately looks at her. “I just want to verify if Dr. Yoon Hae-young is a gastroenterologist, or not?” 

 

The woman blinks and asks for her paper which she instantly hands to her. Dara watches as she scans her paper. 

 

“Oh, this is correct, ma’am. This is your first check up, right?” She nods. “This is base on the answers you provided earlier. Please see Dr. Yoon first. If she tells you to go back here to see a gastroenterologist instead, I’ll give you another form.” 

 

Although still confused, she thanks the woman once again when she gives back the form to her and then smiles at her. She turns and exits the room, finding Seunghyun still waiting outside. 

 

He stands up from the seat upon seeing her. 

 

“Everything’s alright?” He asked. 

 

“Yes. Thank you for waiting. Let’s go?” 

 

“Alright.” 

 

They rode the elevator toward the floor of their destination. Upon stepping off it, he walks her to Room 412. 

 

“Is this the room?” He asked, and she nodded. “Okay. Good luck with your check up, Dara.” 

 

“Thank you, Seunghyun. Good luck with that, too,” she said, pointing at the paper bag. He chuckles at this. 

 

“Do you mind if I come and visit the park again, next week?” 

 

“Oh, of course not. The park is not my property, you know? You can visit whenever you want.” 

 

“Great! I’ll bring over some snacks,” he grinned after saying this. “I’m going now. Take care, teacher.” 

 

“You too.” 

 

Dara waves at Seunghyun and when he finally reaches the room he’s headed to, she turns and enters Room 412. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~oOo~~~~~ 

 

 

 

 

 

Before knocking at Room 405’s door, Seunghyun takes a peek toward the room where he left Dara. She had already stepped inside, and with this, he decided to retract his steps until he stopped in front of Room 412. 

 

Room 412: Dr. Yoon Hae-young, Ob-Gyn 

 

A frown forms on his forehead. He knew from the way she looked yesterday that she needed to see a doctor as soon as possible. He had seen almost the same case as hers before— From his sister, and from someone else. He’s just not sure whether they’re exactly the same, or not. 

 

If she was instructed to go here, he and whoever assisted her probably initially thought of the same thing. 

 

He takes a peek inside through the glass window, and finds Dara sitting at a seat and waiting for her turn.  

 

“She must be nervous,” he mumbled. Who wouldn’t? Especially if she’s someone who thought it was just an upset stomach, but was suddenly instructed to see an ob-gyn for a further check up instead of a doctor who specializes in stomach-related problems. 

 

When she stands up, he hides at the side of the door. It suddenly swung open, startling him a little. The woman who is about to exit the room stares at him, and he offers her a small smile before nodding a little. 

 

She turns her head a little behind her, and glances inside before shaking her head and looks at him as she returns his earlier gesture.  

 

“Why don’t you go inside, and assist your wife?” The woman asked after closing the door behind her.  

 

Flustered, he just gave her an awkward smile and a small nod before she left. He sighs after, and peeks through the glass window once again— Dara has finally gone inside. 

 

With another glance at the room number, he turns around. “You can do it, Dara,” he cheered before heading back to Room 405. He just hopes she’ll be fine after her consultation. 

 

He knocks at the door before pushing it open. In Na, his friend’s assistant, welcomes him with a smile. 

 

“Have a seat. He’s attending to a patient,” she said and gestured the vacant seat in front of her.  

 

After a while, a guy in his crutches steps out, hands a paper to the girl, and thanks her before exiting the room. 

 

“I guess it’s my turn,” he said and stood up. Smiling, she nods at him. He heard her giggle as he walks to th entrance, as if expecting what was to come next. “Lee Dongwook, you !” 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter